British Speedway Forum

That works thanks

Have looked at the reports but can still not find any answer to the Councils main objection re parking provision during build or when the stadium is up and running, parking for Speedway. It is ok for dogs as they only get 50 people attending, 700ish spaces for minimum of 1000 speedway fans per meeting is a joke.

I understand there is more parking provision to be provided but as yet this has not been confirmed.

700ish spaces for minimum of 1000 speedway fans per meeting is a joke.

Leicester have to manage with 235. However, there is a shopping centre car park that can be used for up to 4 hours about half a mile away. It might be a quarter of a mile trek ~ it just feels like half a mile. :lol:

That works thanks

Have looked at the reports but can still not find any answer to the Councils main objection re parking provision during build or when the stadium is up and running, parking for Speedway. It is ok for dogs as they only get 50 people attending, 700ish spaces for minimum of 1000 speedway fans per meeting is a joke.

I understand there is more parking provision to be provided but as yet this has not been confirmed.

Well, of course the requirement is that the stadium owners/users encourage car sharing amongst their supporters and arrange for a bus service, presumably at their risk, from a park and ride site to the stadium. There is still as lack of clarity whether the centre green is still being considered as part of the car park.

This really is a case of fact overtaking fiction.

Well, of course the requirement is that the stadium owners/users encourage car sharing amongst their supporters and arrange for a bus service, presumably at their risk, from a park and ride site to the stadium. There is still as lack of clarity whether the centre green is still being considered as part of the car park.

This really is a case of fact overtaking fiction.

The centre green is not being considered. It was right at the start when I saw a plan in the local paper showing parking on the centre. Car sharing is extremely difficult to arrange as fans come from all over the place.

The centre green is not being considered. It was right at the start when I saw a plan in the local paper showing parking on the centre. Car sharing is extremely difficult to arrange as fans come from all over the place.

Glad to hear about the centre green. I have seen back up documents to the application laying down quite stringent requirements for substantial increases in the percentage of fans travelling by car share. You do wonder how they would propose to police it.

Glad to hear about the centre green. I have seen back up documents to the application laying down quite stringent requirements for substantial increases in the percentage of fans travelling by car share. You do wonder how they would propose to police it.

It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to do, all they can do is charge more for anyone on their own in a car in the car park, so I can see people telling them where to go and parking elsewhere.

Further tweet from J Tomlinson saying "We chase constantly and progress inches forward. SBC chasing for when actual construction starts". So his previous tweet which was dated Jul 1st seems to be a response without knowing any details, as start date was questioned which prompted the above.

Edited by A ORLOV

It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to do, all they can do is charge more for anyone on their own in a car in the car park, so I can see people telling them where to go and parking elsewhere.

Further tweet from J Tomlinson saying "We chase constantly and progress inches forward. SBC chasing for when actual construction starts". So his previous tweet appears to be not correct or an old one.

Why the idiotin' hell don't you all just give in to the inevitable?

If you cannot say anything worthwhile go away

• Like 3

Theres a simple solution and its called a multi storey carpark.

• Like 1

Why the idiotin' hell don't you all just give in to

Sorry mate, a momentary loss of reality, can't wait for our new stadium with Ronnie's fifteen or is it seventeen drains?

Edited by JOS50

Some things are worth fighting for, surely? This is the second time you've made a stupid contribution to this conversation. The last time you accused me of wanting the new track to fail.

I won't bother asking what 'idiotin' means but I suggest you hear the word idiot frequently.

Straight to ignore list. Bye.

Now, back to the grown-ups.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

Theres a simple solution and its called a multi storey carpark.

Do you honestly really think the planning department would even remotely consider such a thing on that part of Swindon? In a shopping centre area yes but there?? Not in a million years, there is however a reasonable amount of potential overflow parking on existing locations minutes walk away on Aldi plus the company that moved into the Motorola building plus the David Lloyd centre that surely wouldnt be used very much on race night? There is also a new pub slap bang outside the intended stadia perimeter called Robins Farm? One night every two weeks , surely there can be arrangements made

Well said...gets on yer twit's doesnt he/she?

Some things are worth fighting for, surely? This is the second time you've made a stupid contribution to this conversation. The last time you accused me of wanting the new track to fail.

I won't bother asking what 'idiotin' means but I suggest you hear the word idiot frequently.

Yeah think i'll block this pr**k also

Do you honestly really think the planning department would even remotely consider such a thing on that part of Swindon? In a shopping centre area yes but there?? Not in a million years, there is however a reasonable amount of potential overflow parking on existing locations minutes walk away on Aldi plus the company that moved into the Motorola building plus the David Lloyd centre that surely wouldnt be used very much on race night? There is also a new pub slap bang outside the intended stadia perimeter called Robins Farm? One night every two weeks , surely there can be arrangements made

Well said...gets on yer twit's doesnt he/she?

Yeah think i'll block this pr**k also

I'm a he and you'll get the opportunity to say that to my face, sooner than you might hope. Hope there's a good word fits nicely with pray, you all can do that as well as fight for your new stadium.

I accused you of nothing. I apologised to you for the unintended inference that you may be, like me very sceptical about this project. The last press statement from T. Russell gives next thurs. as the realistic opening date. The MP has just stated that planning is passed and that they should go ahead. True or false?

Just seen an article in the Wilts and Gloucs. Standard 23 01 16 by Phil Rice that gives a date, 7 July for opening meeting of new stadium, v Wolverhampton!?!??. Yeah right!! Who's Phil Rice?

Idiot posting?

Edited by JOS50

The main problem with a multi-storey is the footprint. It needs to be reasonably large, as you lose a lot of space on the lower floors due to the up/down ramps and supports. The planned parking areas are all quite small and slotted around the stadium, so not suited for multi-storey. I don't think anyone is worried about the look, as the stadium will be tall and the area surrounded by trees. This is similar to the multi-storey at Nationwide, which most people don't even know exists.

As for overflow parking, the Park and Ride is the primary, with Brunel West and Fleming Way as the back-ups.

The main problem with a multi-storey is the footprint. It needs to be reasonably large, as you lose a lot of space on the lower floors due to the up/down ramps and supports. The planned parking areas are all quite small and slotted around the stadium, so not suited for multi-storey. I don't think anyone is worried about the look, as the stadium will be tall and the area surrounded by trees. This is similar to the multi-storey at Nationwide, which most people don't even know exists.

As for overflow parking, the Park and Ride is the primary, with Brunel West and Fleming Way as the back-ups.

Good luck to anyone who leaves their vehicles in any of those in the evening, let alone the cost, then the cost of the buses to the stadium.

It will be fun for fans from outside of Swindon trying to find and get to Brunel West and Fleming Way car parks then wherever the buses leave from.

If as stated in the latest notification from J Tomlinson that work should start this week has anyone seen information about where all the cars that use the present car park where the work is going to happen are going to park, and what arrangements have been made for them?

Edited by A ORLOV