British Speedway Forum

Surely, if the stadium and facilities are going to be modular, somebody would have ordered them by now, and all common fixtures and fittings..?

Who would be actually be responsible for the purchasing? Perhaps he would be a good person to ask?

if it ever does get built I don't think it's going to big enough to have any other sports , it's basically with a bit over the current car park , if they put a greynound track there too I think the speedway is going to be the size of mildenhal

With all respect Dean I wasn't talking about the Stadium that will never happen but a real one elsewhere around the town

Surely, if the stadium and facilities are going to be modular, somebody would have ordered them by now, and all common fixtures and fittings..?

Who would be actually be responsible for the purchasing? Perhaps he would be a good person to ask?[/quote/]

Mr Osbourne? No chance getting anything out of that cr**k

Personally think it needs Mike and Per to sound out big local business about building our very own multi use stadium elsewhere and run to its fullest potential , motorsports , concerts etc , now I know locals would only support it as a concert venue in a limited way but the money is in attracting people nationwide and that does happen when it's big musical acts involved but this Town has always acted small town it's about time it stopped

Speedway should cut a deal with the housing developers. The land allocated for the stadium could accommodate around 200 houses, which at an average profit of £100,000 per house is £20m. The speedway should agree to back plans for houses to be built in exchange for 20% of the profits, £4m, which would be more than enough to allow us to go and set up on our own somewhere else.

Are Swindon greyhounds still operating? If so then presumably Stadia UK will want that to continue?!

Yes and speaking to a couple of owners they are as much in the dark and fed up as we are.

The indoor market there is almost empty now with most of the stall holders having moved elsewhere.

Yes and speaking to a couple of owners they are as much in the dark and fed up as we are.

The indoor market there is almost empty now with most of the stall holders having moved elsewhere.

A lot of the paying public believe the market isn't currently operating thanks to GI and there non information Edited by hagonshocker

Just been reading Torquay united forum and it doesn't fill you with hope , GI want the current stadium for houses and are promising a new stadium (sound familiar ?) and as one person said "gaming international has been around for 80years in one shape or another , their entire history is based on buying sports clubs and f***ing them over for personal gain " also read a bit from Swindon greyhounds and their fans are asking why no work is going on

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Speedway should cut a deal with the housing developers. The land allocated for the stadium could accommodate around 200 houses, which at an average profit of £100,000 per house is £20m. The speedway should agree to back plans for houses to be built in exchange for 20% of the profits, £4m, which would be more than enough to allow us to go and set up on our own somewhere else.

That seems like an excellent idea on the face of it.

My one question here is, "do Swindon Speedway have anyone up to the task of (successfully) negotiating this kind of deal"?

I guess the jury is out?

That seems like an excellent idea on the face of it.

My one question here is, "do Swindon Speedway have anyone up to the task of (successfully) negotiating this kind of deal"?

I guess the jury is out?

I'd have thought Terry Russell would be more than up to the challenge. The problem is I don't think his heart has been in running Swindon for several years now. The new co-owner Mike Bowden has a good track record in business, but his current role seems to be little more than a spokesman for Stadia UK, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'd have thought Terry Russell would be more than up to the challenge. The problem is I don't think his heart has been in running Swindon for several years now. The new co-owner Mike Bowden has a good track record in business, but his current role seems to be little more than a spokesman for Stadia UK, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

This years fans forum should be interesting, if they have one.

Surely the speedway club have no rights to negotiate any land sale as the site is not theirs?!!

They are simply in the hands of others and need to 'keep in with them' as much as possible!!

Surely the speedway club have no rights to negotiate any land sale as the site is not theirs?!!

They are simply in the hands of others and need to 'keep in with them' as much as possible!!

Nobody is mentioning anything about negotiating land sale in a direct manner

This years fans forum should be interesting, if they have one.

It will be full of sheep who just want a photo taken with a rider , may sound harsh but....

The new co-owner Mike Bowden has a good track record in business, but his current role seems to be little more than a spokesman for Stadia UK, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Ya think??

I think the speedway has a lot of influence. Look at Oxford. The GRA don't want to run it as a going concern, but campaigning from fans back by the council has meant the chances of it ever being redeveloped into houses is minimal. This means they have a multi-million pound white elephant.

Having the speedway's backing to turn the current stadium into houses would overcome a major hurdle in gaining planning permission.

I think the speedway has a lot of influence. Look at Oxford. The GRA don't want to run it as a going concern, but campaigning from fans back by the council has meant the chances of it ever being redeveloped into houses is minimal. This means they have a multi-million pound white elephant.

Having the speedway's backing to turn the current stadium into houses would overcome a major hurdle in gaining planning permission.

I wish I had your confidence but I have my serious doubts that Cowley will be saved despite assurances to the contrary.

so how's the stadium progressing, is Rossitor ready to cut the ribbon on practice day, similar to his publicity stunt when the new stadium was announced?

Edited by Odds On

so how's the stadium progressing, is Rossitor ready to cut the ribbon on practice day, similar to his publicity stunt when the new stadium was announced?

Not much chance of that it seems. Sadly.