British Speedway Forum
robert72

Tai Should Never Ride For Team Gb Again

Sorry "Tai sang along to a national anthem being played in Australia,showing respect for the country he was in"

What an absurd statement ; In that case all the riders should have been singing as technically they were all in Australia

Not likely if they don't know the words.

You see, that's how it works with songs. If you know it and the words you sing along. If you don't, you don't.

It's a personal choice you see. There are no rules that say you must do this, you must do that. We don't live in a dictatorship where people have to behave as you see fit for them to do so.

He sung a song he will have learned as a child growing up and sung many times in his youth, likely brings back great memories for him. Good on him!

Not likely if they don't know the words.

You see, that's how it works with songs. If you know it and the words you sing along. If you don't, you don't.

It's a personal choice you see. There are no rules that say you must do this, you must do that. We don't live in a dictatorship where people have to behave as you see fit for them to do so.

He sung a song he will have learned as a child growing up and sung many times in his youth, likely brings back great memories for him. Good on him!

I take it he doesn't know the words to the British anthem then as he doesn't sing it ? Edited by New Science

I take it he doesn't know the words to the British anthem then as he doesn't sing it ?

Maybe he doesn't like the song?

I take it he doesn't know the words to the British anthem then as he doesn't sing it ?

Maybe he's an atheist republican?

Maybe he doesn't like the song?

Ours does manage to be dreary and pompous all at the same time. I'd rather sing anybody else's.

im twice his age and still don't know the words!

If he doesn't want to sing it fine BUT he should have the common decency to take his hat off and keep his mouth shut. All 3 riders on the rostrum should observe the victor's anthem. Common courtesy. Would be great no see no monster bottles getting waved as well.

• Like 4

If he doesn't want to sing it fine BUT he should have the common decency to take his hat off and keep his mouth shut. All 3 riders on the rostrum should observe the victor's anthem. Common courtesy. Would be great no see no monster bottles getting waved as well.

That's why companies sponsor things. Would you expect Edinburgh to remove the team sponsor's logo from the race jacket?

• Like 1

I haven't seen the footage (I don't subscribe to SKY etc - see other thread!) but was always brought up respecting a country's national anthem. I don't know the words to the British anthem (and it's not important in my view) or, indeed, the Danish, Swedish or American but during Test matches (another sad loss to the sport) I always stood to attention...perhaps it's an age thing?