British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Surely it's better to field your strongest team on your home track, to give yourself a better chance of going straight through to the final.

Alright they'll get track time in the race-off, but they will still be up against Poland or Russia, who will be tough to beat even with their strongest team.

It makes more sense to give yourself two decent chances to qualify rather than just one.

Could see Poland being pretty dominant in Denmark thus leaving Russia heading to the Play-Off with the likelihood being Denmark, Russia, Austrlia and USA – can then strip it down to a 2 team meeting as I don’t think Australia are as strong as either Denmark or Russia, then pick on Russia’s 4th rider, in theory….

All that being said the Denmark team isn’t actually that weak, it isn’t like they are throwing the meeting as both NP and PK have been a bit of a mixed bag this year.

Could see Poland being pretty dominant in Denmark thus leaving Russia heading to the Play-Off with the likelihood being Denmark, Russia, Austrlia and USA – can then strip it down to a 2 team meeting as I don’t think Australia are as strong as either Denmark or Russia, then pick on Russia’s 4th rider, in theory….

All that being said the Denmark team isn’t actually that weak, it isn’t like they are throwing the meeting as both NP and PK have been a bit of a mixed bag this year.

Kildemand may not be 100% fit as he had a crash in Sweden on Tuesday. Haven't heard when he expects to be back

Apologies if this has already been discussed? But can anyone advise if there's local street parking for Belle Vue, or is the train the best bet?

Was thinking of parking at Ryder Brow and getting train from there to avoid crowds/congestion - trying to be clever by avoiding Manchester Piccadily ?

Kirkmanshulme Lane will be closed to traffic and local residential streets will have temporary residents permit scheme. Wouldnt bother with Ryder brow trains very infrequent. Official parking will be at Etihad stadium with a shuttle bus system.

• Like 1

Surely it's better to field your strongest team on your home track, to give yourself a better chance of going straight through to the final.

Alright they'll get track time in the race-off, but they will still be up against Poland or Russia, who will be tough to beat even with their strongest team.

It makes more sense to give yourself two decent chances to qualify rather than just one.

Maybe the Danes only want to win and not just make a final. If they want to win they need to beat everyone and there thinking is, "if we can't beat a team in a the race-off we'd lose to them in the final so whats the point?" Meanwhile us Brits every year just hope to get to the final and cling on, then wonder why we don't win with our defeatist attitude.

Whats the best way of getting from the centre of Manchester to BV on both days? Bus?

hows fars the Etihad away, is it walking distance

About 2 miles, not really

Whats the best way of getting from the centre of Manchester to BV on both days? Bus?

Yes bus. Several buses you can get like 201,203, 204 that go down Hyde road, get off when you see Showcase cinema, very frequent every few minutes from Piccadilly.

Bus - BV is just off the main A57 (Hyde Road) road which runs from Liverpool to Lincoln via Manchester. I am assuming main bus station is still in Manchester Piccadilly gardens area, 3 mile journey maybe.

Etihead stadium is about 1 mile away but if shuttle bus as someone reported that's no problem.

If you looking on Google maps like I have just done, its not up to date with respect to the new stadium. Its show the old greyhound stadium as the National Speedway Stadium, literally the new stadium is next door to the greyhound stadium.

Kirkmanshulme Lane will be closed to traffic and local residential streets will have temporary residents permit scheme. Wouldnt bother with Ryder brow trains very infrequent. Official parking will be at Etihad stadium with a shuttle bus system.

About 2 miles, not really

Yes bus. Several buses you can get like 201,203, 204 that go down Hyde road, get off when you see Showcase cinema, very frequent every few minutes from Piccadilly.

Hi Rob. Many thanks for your local knoweldge. I am staying at Diamond Lodge, if Kirmanshulme Lane is closed, will I still be able to access the hotel? Also we are going in to the city Saturday day, we thought the train to/from Manchester Piccadilly would be the best option?

I was going to buy a couple of terrace tickets for SWC Play Off and Final. Are they sold out? Because when I hovver the mouse over that section nothing happens. Thanks in advance

Yeah they are.

I rang yesterday to see if we could still get terracing as I prefer to stand but only the temp. east stand seating was left. £40 a ticket too, but my fault for leaving it so late.

Edited by Bostonian

Hi Rob. Many thanks for your local knoweldge. I am staying at Diamond Lodge, if Kirmanshulme Lane is closed, will I still be able to access the hotel? Also we are going in to the city Saturday day, we thought the train to/from Manchester Piccadilly would be the best option?

You will still be able to access hotel, road will be closed further up past greyhound stadium.

You could get train but looking at timetable they seem to be every 2 hours at weekend?

I'd get bus they are every few mins and will only take 10 mins

You will still be able to access hotel, road will be closed further up past greyhound stadium.

You could get train but looking at timetable they seem to be every 2 hours at weekend?

I'd get bus they are every few mins and will only take 10 mins

Great, thank you for this.

Really hoping the Americans make the race-off! I'll be an American for the day with Fisher and Janniro in the team :D

Each to their own but I have little interest in seeing Hancock gating his way to the vast majority of their points, would rather see what the Germans can do on a track which should suit them.

• Like 1

Thanks rob if it's only 2 miles that's easily walkable, I used to be a postie!

Great to see the swc is looking like its going to be a sellout on both nights. Could well be people turning up on the night and not getting in.