British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Think Rosco will go Tai Scott Lambert and Bomber.

I'd have Cookie before the latter 3 on home shale.

Great to be back in a position where the four don't just pick themselves. Best to see who is on form at the time but great to have options.

• Like 1

On BSPA website Scotty Nicholls is back with the GB squad after talks with Rosco.

Good to see Scott back after his TV commitments have expired and GB are seeded direct to the final at his home track !
  • Like 2

you couldn't buy the hunger lambert showed in the race off, id go for him after woffy and before ANY othr English rider

Sure he will be hungry but so will the other riders. Pick on form at the time. None of us know who will be riding well or carrying an injury in July.

Sure he will be hungry but so will the other riders. Pick on form at the time. None of us know who will be riding well or carrying an injury in July.

craig cook ended the season well, but just look at his Cardiff performance? he was in excellent

positions in at least 3 rides, yet when it came to the push, he bottled it. theres points he just backed out of. im not denying his ability, im just saying, form is irellivent if you are going to back

out on the big points

We are yet to see how each rider takes to the new track. The British final should give Rosco more of an idea of this.

• Like 1

Good to see Scott back after his TV commitments have expired and GB are seeded direct to the final at his home track !

Wonder if the "change of mind" from Scott would have happened it GB weren't seeded straight through to final.

Would he have been willing to ride abroad for us if we weren't hosts this year and the final wasn't on his home track?

If Lambert makes the same strides as he did last year he should be in with Cook, Woffinden and Harris if they are the best 3 on form. Always found Scott very open, honest and articulate in interviews but I think this smacks of a rider wanting to end his career with a SWC medal in the relative comfort zone of his own track and country.

• Like 1

Wonder if the "change of mind" from Scott would have happened it GB weren't seeded straight through to final.

Would he have been willing to ride abroad for us if we weren't hosts this year and the final wasn't on his home track?

If Lambert makes the same strides as he did last year he should be in with Cook, Woffinden and Harris if they are the best 3 on form. Always found Scott very open, honest and articulate in interviews but I think this smacks of a rider wanting to end his career with a SWC medal in the relative comfort zone of his own track and country.

The reasons for him not riding in recent years, and Lee Richardson, are well known.

He will improve our team so I would pick him if he's riding well come July. Cook was on fire at the end of last season but he didn't do well in previous SWC nor Cardiff GP. Maybe he is the vulnerable one ?

Isn't it good to be talking about riders of quality being left out the England team instead of good honest triers but with limited ability like King, Barker and Kennett.

• Like 1

Peronally I think Cookie rode well at Cardiff 2015 to get 7 points.

Problem was he did duck out of some decisions but I put that down to lack of experiance/confidence riding at that level.

GP racing is at a far higher level then what he is used to - GP's demand high speed racing and if the mind is tuned into that it will cause a problem.

Cookie was racing in one GP, the others were regulars. The fact he got 7 points shows how much lacking some of the regulars GP riders were.

Peronally I think Cookie rode well at Cardiff 2015 to get 7 points.

Problem was he did duck out of some decisions but I put that down to lack of experiance/confidence riding at that level.

GP racing is at a far higher level then what he is used to - GP's demand high speed racing and if the mind is tuned into that it will cause a problem.

Cookie was racing in one GP, the others were regulars. The fact he got 7 points shows how much lacking some of the regulars GP riders were.

Including Bomber at most GP's. However he seems to turn up at the SWC.

If fit the team IMO will be 4 of Woofy (nailed on), Bomber (another certainty) and two of Scotty, Lambert and Cookie. If it wasn't being held at the National Stadium I'd go with Scotty and Lambert, but I think Cookie may nick it if performing well on his home track...and this could be at the expense of Scotty not Lambert. I reckon Rosco will go with form at the time rather than just the 'bigger' names Or will he just opt for youth and future building over experience?

As someone else says, it's good to be talking about options for us for the first time in a few years :rofl:

Oh and Scotty has fully explained his reasoning in making himself available

“For me it’s not just about trying to achieve a gold medal right now, although that would be lovely to do, and this season is our best chance for a number of years – we know how good we are on home soil, even though it’s a brand-new track which might take away some of the advantage.

“But it’s also about the future. I’m pleased with what they’re trying to do and the people who they have on board, and I feel the future looks much more positive".

I guess that could be interpreted as 'a good chance to end on a high' but for me it's more 'out with the old, in with the new and I'm happy to be part of it once again'.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

They all say 2016. One person got it wrong and everyone else followed like black sheep. Myself included

The photo I was sent says the 2016 Speedway World Cup...blah blah,..then it gives the dates as 29th & 30th July 2015. If I could upload the photo on here you could see for yourself.

I think the team will be Tai, Harris, Cookie and Nicholls if they are all fit. I don't think they will opt for youth, this is our best chance of getting a medal for years and probably for many years to come. Having said that if Rob Lambert continues to progress he could earn himself a team place.

I think the team will be Tai, Harris, Cookie and Nicholls if they are all fit. I don't think they will opt for youth, this is our best chance of getting a medal for years and probably for many years to come. Having said that if Rob Lambert continues to progress he could earn himself a team place.

whilst I disagree, its lovely not seeing barker and kennet name appearing!
  • Like 1

Surely Nicholls and Cook racing on the track the Final takes place week in week out must count for something.

• Like 1

rosco wont see them though screm.......

still I`m sure they will be dab hands at grading and driving the tractor round by then !!