British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Does anyone know if there is anything to stop people parking in the (huge) adjacent showcase cinema car park on Saturday?

Google maps needs a bit of correction to say the least.

The map shows the NSS positioned incorrectly behind the old stadium and declares the NSS to be a dog track with a restaurant!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4612756,-2.1840667,18.01z

Showcase refused to do a deal with Belle Vue to allow parking there, for league meetings they have stopped you, possibly they will charge their own fee (would be stupid not to as they only ever use a quarter if that car park) but we won't get any confirmation of that. The greyhound stadium also charged to use their car park for the Peter Craven meeting but no guarantee they will again.

Official car parking is park and ride at Etihad Blue car park open from 1.30pm.

As much as I like World Cup week if the finals are to be rotated around Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Great Britain as proposed would it not make more sense to seed the host nation to the race off. The 2 winners of Event 1 and 2 go straight to the final. The 2 second placed teams go to the race off with the best third placed team joining the host nation. The top 2 from the race off then join the 2 winners in the Grand Final. This would guarantee a healthy race off crowd with high probability that the home team would reach the final. Win Win as I see it. Not knocking the USA but should just 1 riders contribution be good enough to get you to the race off. Watching Hancock tonight score seven eighths of the USA's points they have not got a cat in hell's chance of going to the final. Imagine the race off at Manchester Team GB vs Denmark vs Australia vs Russia with the top 2 going to the final to meet Poland and Australia. Mouthwatering

Any Thoughts

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2

As much as I like World Cup week if the finals are to be rotated around Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Great Britain as proposed would it not make more sense to seed the host nation to the race off. The 2 winners of Event 1 and 2 go straight to the final. The 2 second placed teams go to the race off with the best third placed team joining the host nation. The top 2 from the race off then join the 2 winners in the Grand Final. This would guarantee a healthy race off crowd with high probability that the home team would reach the final. Win Win as I see it. Not knocking the USA but should just 1 riders contribution be good enough to get you to the race off. Watching Hancock tonight score seven eighths of the USA's points they have not got a cat in hell's chance of going to the final. Imagine the race off at Manchester Team GB vs Denmark vs Australia vs Russia with the top 2 going to the final to meet Poland and Australia. Mouthwatering

Any Thoughts

WHAT about Sweden :party:

They won the meeting so they're in the final, obviously

They won the meeting so they're in the final, obviously

We know that, but New Science doesn't appear to......

Sorry Phil when I posted they were winning comfortably but not confirmed so forgot about them.

Cracking idea the new World cup format thou !

It would bring even more intensity to the World Cup.

While I'm at it surely Phil the joker rule has to be tweaked / scrapped. There must be a better way.

Its embarrassing for the sport to see some of the manipulation tonight.

Surely the brains at BSI can come up with something else. Usually they are forward thinking when it comes to scoring systems and correct what doesn't work or isn't fair. Why are they blind to the six behind joker rule ?

We know that, but New Science doesn't appear to......

Everyone's allowed one mistake. My medication is wearing off

New Scienc, it is not really a new idea. It was used once or twice before it was changed to the final.

Would all you good people going at the weekend do us real Speedway fans a favour. When they bring that vile, horrible, embarrassing card out, boo and jeer like never before and show your utter disgust towards the organisers for ever thinking off it.

If someone had told me 30 years ago a pub game like darts would have more credibility than Speedway I'd have laughed, but sadly darts has left our sport in the joke category. I appreciate the double points rule can keep the meeting alive, but they've got to get rid of that bloody card. I just cringe every time I see it and just hope my mates aren't wwtching.

• Like 1

New Scienc, it is not really a new idea. It was used once or twice before it was changed to the final.

Which year and which home nation were seeded to the race off ?

My first recollection of seeding was the Czech Republic straight to the final in 2013

I thought it was in 2012 but I remembered it wrong. Sweden was seeded to the final and not the race off.

Would all you good people going at the weekend do us real Speedway fans a favour. When they bring that vile, horrible, embarrassing card out, boo and jeer like never before and show your utter disgust towards the organisers for ever thinking off it.

If someone had told me 30 years ago a pub game like darts would have more credibility than Speedway I'd have laughed, but sadly darts has left our sport in the joke category. I appreciate the double points rule can keep the meeting alive, but they've got to get rid of that bloody card. I just cringe every time I see it and just hope my mates aren't wwtching.

Yep its so embarrassing. I told some mates who never go to speedway about the joker rule and what it does , double points and they all fell on the floor rolling about in hysterics shaking their head. They said they would never ever go to speedway because it had stupid rules and the joker was like its a knockout.

Etc etc etc etc.........

I thought it was in 2012 but I remembered it wrong. Sweden was seeded to the final and not the race off.

Sure the idea might not be totally original but it has not happened at the World Cup to date.

Personally I think its better than the current format and would further improve the World Cup.

World Cup Final come the end of Saturday/Sunday

Poland

Sweden

Russia

Great Britain