British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

No-one in the team- and in the crowd knows the words to the national anthem :lol:

I sing mine every year at Cardiff :)

Cracking meeting, cracking atmosphere, full stadium, apart from a Team GB win it was a perfect night of speedway. Well done to Poland on their win, best team on the night won it.

• Like 7

What I do not understand is why Rosco used Tai as a TS and Joker at the same time rather than as a Joker in his programed ride then as a TS later, we could have had 3 more points.

No we couldn't, if a rider has his programmed ride as the joker then he can't also have a TS ride as well. That's why the joker should always be used as a TS. Rosco got it spot on, and the Aussies screwed up by using Doyle as joker in his programmed ride.

The meeting last night was one of the most boring race offs in history.

Can't believe anyone would say it wasn't.

Tonight proved what the track REALLY can do.

Yes but there was loads of people saying it was crap shape, too fast, single line, etc. The fact was the rain yesterday made it too grippy which led to very fast times, tonight the times were 2-3 seconds slower and showed what a difference to the racing makes when the inside line isn't so grippy.

• Like 2

Good meeting and what a surprise in GB getting silver when we only really had one decent rider. It was a pity that KIng and Cook only woke up towards the end of the meeting and Lambert should have stayed at home.

This meeting showed that any decent up and coming riders need to ride abroad to get more experience against the likes of the Polish riders. They did ok but could have done a lot better.

What I do not understand is why Rosco used Tai as a TS and Joker at the same time rather than as a Joker in his programed ride then as a TS later, we could have had 3 more points.

We cannot keep relying on Tai all the time and our younger riders need to get more international experience against the top riders from other nations.

Apart from the moans well done on getting an unexpected Silver.

Tai wouldnt have been allowed a TS if done a joker on programmed ride, Rosco played the tactics perfectly TS and joker at same time in place of a weaker rider on good gate.

No we couldn't, if a rider has his programmed ride as the joker then he can't also have a TS ride as well. That's why the joker should always be used as a TS. Rosco got it spot on, and the Aussies screwed up by using Doyle as joker in his programmed ride.

This refers to Rob B as well.

OK was not aware of that, in which case I cancel my comment on the Joker and TS, thanks. Bloody rules.

Edited by A ORLOV

Is it over yet?

If ever a track failed to deliver on its promise ..... step forward the National Stadium.

Someone should get on to Monmore for a proper prepared race track.

The meeting last night was one of the most boring race offs in history.

Can't believe anyone would say it wasn't.

Tonight proved what the track REALLY can do.

I'll break my exile just for you.

Your a f%%%%%%g hypocrite.

I would seriously LOVE TO meet you.

Wow...

A great nights Speedway.....

This sport when done this well has no peers for me....

Let's hope the feel good factor can rub off on the Leagues in this country and floating observers of tonight's action on TV will visit their local tracks...

Should Woffy ride for Team GB?

Put that to bed tonight I would say....

Worth the admission alone that lad.....

Wow, fantastic meeting tonight, chalk and cheese from last night. Poland thoroughly deserved winners. Team GB exceeded my expectations especially after a poor start. Think Robert deserved his spot by what he has achieved this season but his inexperience and inability to gate really showed tonight, easy to forget that he is only eighteen years and three months but his gating needs sorting very soon if he is going to be world class in the future.

Finally unlucky darts Mr Doyle :D

• Like 1

I'll break my exile just for you.

Your a f%%%%%%g hypocrite.

I would seriously LOVE TO meet you.

Last night was rubbish, tonight was back to what we have been promised .

Nothing hypocritical about that.

It's not like I've constantly slated the set up.

Perhaps you need to read a bit wider?

No idea why you feel a need to meet me.

I would stand with a couple of belle Vue mates when I'm at NSS.

Thankfully they have a bit of respect.

Same old people go hiding on this forum. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

What a stunning speedway meeting that was. Absolutely fantastic racing.

All those knockers last night, I'm calling you out?? Where are you????

• Like 5