British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Really?

Am I being 'whooshed' as you must be making an obvious wind up?

A truly GREAT Speedway meeting that cost me £45 in total (including race off!) for me and my 13 yr old lad...

Watched the sport for over 40 years and watched thousands of races.....

One of the best meetings I have ever attended..

No 'follow the leader till the track comes to them' nonsense...

Great racing from heat one..

Loads of Poles generated a fantastic atmosphere, good natured but patriotic and we all congratulated each other at the end. Atmosphere and noise at a Speedway meeting? Whatever next?

A truly GREAT night for Speedway in this country....

Lucky to have this fantastic track on my doorstep...

Privileged to be there to watch sixteen riders use every inch of it trying to become World Champions..

PS

(Shame we cannot bottle it and watch this every week in the EL. You would sell out the venues every time)....

100%agre reminded me of these great BLRC meetings at Hyde Road.
  • Like 1

An apology for saying the track failed to deliver on Friday yet gave us a cracking meeting on Saturday?

Read my above post if in any doubt.

one of your earlier posts suggests that Wolves is a better track, last night proved that you were wrong to make judgement on the NSS on 1 poor meeting that was spoiled by earlier bad weather, something we have all seen at tracks world wide.

I have no desire to make an issue out of this so lets call it quits.

What was wrong with Holder when he was asked to come out on the tac sub? He didn't look very happy and also when he came back in after winning the previous heat? Was it just because he was going to be off the outside gate or maybe because he could see Lemon had messed up

Thought the ref made a few mess up's last night if you follow the rules in the programme - only 1 tac and 1 joker permitted per team - Aussie ht 12 Masters replaced Josh then heat 15 Holder replaced Josh with Doyle on a joker in heat 16, so I make that 3!!

No tacs permitted between seats 17-20 - Sweden make a late change and Put Freddie in ht 19 as a tac in place of Antonio.

If that's what the programme said then it's wrong. The rules are that each rider can have one TS ride so long as you're 6 points behind, it's one per rider not one per team. They can be made at any time in the meeting. The heat 17-20 rule only applies to the joker.

• Like 1

What a differrence a day makes !!!

Yesterday we had pages of complaints about the Run-off and how bad it was. Today we have pages saying totally the opposite. Both meetings were run at the same venue; Both matches had the same crowd, Both matches had the same riders. The only difference was the preparation of the track. When considering 1000's of fans are appreciative of the brilliant racing that Saturday produced, it just goes to show how important the track man is to the promotion of Speedway. When the track is as good as last night the concept of speedway is far more exciting and easy to sell. Promoters doing cost cutting on track preparation and the materials use, are on false pretence, when in fact they are destroying the excitement the fans crave for......

The meeting last night had it all, Wonderful occasion tremendous atmosphere, exciting racing. For GB to collect a creditable Silver Medal was the icing on the cake. It would be wrong to be judgemental on individual riders but special mention for Woffy, who showed what a great rider is really is in this world class field. Congratulation to Poland for being SWC Champions, but the biggest winner last night was the sport itself....

• Like 8

Just got back to Poole and have to say it was much better coming back than going by 3 hours!

Superb performance from Woffinden who led from the front. King eventually came to the party as did Cook. Lambert found out what hard first bends were but the experience did him good. Rosco spot on with his tac moves.

Silver is a fantastic result considering Sweden and Australia looked stronger.

Great crowd, great racing, great result, farcical light show. Needed some fireworks. A joke health and safety said no.

Well done to Poland who deserved their crown.

Off to get some zzzzzzzzzz. Happy days.

Australia was rubbish. Masters and Josh G awful. Doyle off the pace and yet another reckless move to get him excluded. Lemon messed up. Great night, I'm trying to remember what did Doyle say about England ??

Edited by marky
  • Like 2

What was wrong with Holder when he was asked to come out on the tac sub? He didn't look very happy and also when he came back in after winning the previous heat? Was it just because he was going to be off the outside gate or maybe because he could see Lemon had messed up

i also seen that and was wondering, he was shaking his head and was in a right strop, disgrace to his country if he was unhappy to go in as a tac sub.
  • Like 2

Fantastic meeting and well done to Poland on the win, team GB did us proud with silver. Now getting ready for the long drive back to Poole.

Thought the ref made a few mess up's last night if you follow the rules in the programme - only 1 tac and 1 joker permitted per team - Aussie ht 12 Masters replaced Josh then heat 15 Holder replaced Josh with Doyle on a joker in heat 16, so I make that 3!!

No tacs permitted between seats 17-20 - Sweden make a late change and Put Freddie in ht 19 as a tac in place of Antonio.

Would agree re the ref, there was definitely one brilliant start which was ok but was called back

one of your earlier posts suggests that Wolves is a better track, last night proved that you were wrong to make judgement on the NSS on 1 poor meeting that was spoiled by earlier bad weather, something we have all seen at tracks world wide.

I have no desire to make an issue out of this so lets call it quits.

Speaking as a neutral, there is no way in the world Wolverhampton is a better track than the NSS, numerous British Finals before this year have shown that. I just wonder how many re-runs for first bend incidents we would have had if the World Cup had been held at Wolverhampton.

Wish everybody would click ignore on that idiot tr3mm0r like ive done that way i wouldnt have to see the weirdo or his bile and for the love of god stop quoting it!

I'm not ignoring him / her because I want to see what he / she is writing, just don't rise to it, that's what he / she feeds off.

i also seen that and was wondering, he was shaking his head and was in a right strop, disgrace to his country if he was unhappy to go in as a tac sub.

I think Holder was just miffed that Lemon was making a mistake, as it should have been a TS joker ride no matter if it was him or Doyle doing it.

The rules in the programme say that tactical rides aren't permitted in heats 17-20 yet Freddie replaced Lindback in heat 19. BSI cock up?

1 thing is for sure the new belle vue track can when prepaired right be a good track not something we heard said about the old track

there was some hard ridding last night

but regardless if its hard fast or slow when you have somany changes in positions during 4 laps its entertainment and thats what gets people to pay there money and go watch live speedway

maybe more british clubs should look to build bigger tracks

Fridays meeting has been referred to as favouring the "rocket ships", referring to engine tuning. Track record broke a few times and ended 2 seconds lower then when Fridays meeting started.

Last nights meeting someone said times were a lot slower, but the racing in the 20 heat heat final was fantastic. That just proves you dont need to spend thousands of pounds with engine tuners to get exciting racing.

I doubt the lesson will be learned that close exciting racing can be had without spending the money. I would like to see a return to the bikes of the 70's, 4 valve uprights that were more rideable.

• Like 4

I'm stunned that anyone actually believes that this tr3mmor or whoever is really Polish!

Good work lad!

On the positive side it's great to wake up this morning with a lot of pride restored to British speedway. World number 2's is an amazing achievement and hopefully we can push on and consolidate ourselves as a force once again.