British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

Robert only went and qualified, waheyyyyyyy, if he makes it into the 2017 GPs, I'm gonna have to go support him, as much as I detest BSI, I want to support our boy more

What if he qualifies and then decides not to ride in the EL? :P

What if he qualifies and then decides not to ride in the EL? :P

That doesn't bare thinking about!!!! He won't!!

Surely too early for Lambert?

probably right but Tai had a season early in his career than opened his eyes to the top level.

Dude kk and pawlicki have to be favorites, subject to who gets the wildcards. Assume one will go to a swede, Freddie or aj? The other could go to vaculik, hsmpel, Emil?

Would love to see lambert fricke and dudek qualify.

Perhaps one of the wildcards will go to Joonas Kylmakorpi given that he has been riding on a Swedish licence once more for several years and he was unable to take his place in the semi-final through injury.

I don't think he would finish in the top three to qualify for the GP's next year, but wildcards have been handed out to far poorer riders over the years.

• Like 1

Perhaps one of the wildcards will go to Joonas Kylmakorpi given that he has been riding on a Swedish licence once more for several years and he was unable to take his place in the semi-final through injury.

I don't think he would finish in the top three to qualify for the GP's next year, but wildcards have been handed out to far poorer riders over the years.

Thinking about it thats a good and fair shout. Only missed out due to injury.

But with both THJ and Lindgren in need of the wc as well it goes to Svemos internal politics me thinks. Kylmä definately has done enough this year to earn it.

Can somebody tell us please how bad is Kylmäkorpi's injury? Would he even be fit to take a wild card place for the SGP Challenge?

He hopes to be back racing in the first week of August :)

Martin Vaculik and Fredrik Lindgren got the both wildcards for the Challenge.

Another World Championship wildcard for Lindgren. He must be a few ahead of Harris by now?

It remains what must be one of the most vile meetings to race in as a rider. Be just the thing for a Bjerre or KK to chuck in a good day and p*ss loads of people off.

Why did Vacullk get a card?

Here's hoping that neither Freddie Lindgren or Martin Vaculik win one of the three available qualifying slots. I have absolutely nothing against either rider, but I dislike the notion of promoting riders into the GP Challenge when they have already been eliminated from the qualifiers.

Indeed, I would personally get rid of the whole idea of 'Wild Cards' in all World Championship Qualifiers. I can't imagine that a local wild card e.g. Paco Castagna in Italy puts that many extra bums on seats for local organisers.

• Like 1