British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Ticket Prices 2016

I was going to make this specific to Glasgow, having just seen it on the website. But might be better to all comers.

Season ticket adult works out @ £15 a match. However the rest of the prices are as follows:

Individual match ticket £17.50

Seat in stand, additional £1.00 (all matches ??)

Programme £2.50 (unchanged)

Concessions £13.50

Bit of a hike from £15 last season

• Like 1

Big increase from last year, not amused about extra £1.00 to sit in the stand either

• Like 2

Big increase from last year, not amused about extra £1.00 to sit in the stand either

That's the bit I don't get.. surely they won't do this when it's half empty. Fair enough I suppose they've spent a lot of money, but think I'll be buying a season ticket !

* one point to be fair is that a lot of teams were already charging £16.

Edited by damosuzuki
  • Like 1

The mistake they made after all the work that was carried out was to reduce it to 15.00 last season, If it had been left at 16.00 plus a 1.00 increase i think would have been accepted. But as Scotsman said good riders can be expensive as Edinburgh have found to their cost if it was not for the Fans Trust and the Workington owner to help[.In their own words we could close ]

Thankfully my team have kept their prices at 2015 prices, must admit £17-50 for an afternoons speedway seems very steep and will probably see some unable to afford to go every week. The Glasgow promotion has done many good things for the cities speedway team, but I think they`ve made a mistake with this one.

Well Ipswich have announced their season ticket prices but don't appear to have named an individual meeting price yet so it's impossible to tell if they are good value or not!

Mind you, they never usually are so why would next year be any different.

Edit, side issue. How many teams out there allow someone else to use a season ticket if the actual owner is away on holiday for example? I only ask as the main reason I don't usually get one is you've only got to miss a couple and you end up out of pocket.

Edited by Super Blue

I usually buy a season ticket and will continue to buy one, but that does not include a seat in the stand where I normally sit

The mistake they made after all the work that was carried out was to reduce it to 15.00 last season, If it had been left at 16.00 plus a 1.00 increase i think would have been accepted.

That's fair comment . But the general consensus from the Speedway attending public , on various threads on the Speedway discussions section , is that speedway is too expensive for the level of entertainment on offer , a £2-50 hike just confirms that view . I paid £17 to get into Kings Lynn last season , is it possible we could be on par or even more expensive than some Elite League venues in 2016 ?
  • Like 1

Workington prices are held for 2016. £15 adult entry remains and the racecard is again included in that price. Season tickets are £235 for a minimum of 17 meetings but are also applicable for any cup progression or getting into the Play Offs. At worst it works out at £13.83 a meeting. We are also offering a £15 reduction for last year's holders as they lost out on one of their guaranteed meetings.

That's fair comment . But the general consensus from the Speedway attending public , on various threads on the Speedway discussions section , is that speedway is too expensive for the level of entertainment on offer , a £2-50 hike just confirms that view . I paid £17 to get into Kings Lynn last season , is it possible we could be on par or even more expensive than some Elite League venues in 2016 ?

Poole was £17 last season and the season before that possibly in 2013 as well............next seasons prices have not been announced yet.............

RP