British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Welcome to Kelsey and Compton. Its great to see Kelsey given a chance this year after an unfortunate winter for him. You have to feel sorry for Perks in all of this, having left two clubs already this season! Best wishes to him and I think he'll add points to his average wherever he ends up this year. I'm sure we'll see Brendan around this year!

OK guys, so after the in-forced swap around of the team, what are your thoughts on how the Warriors are going to get on this year in the National League?

1 - 8.95 - Benji Compton

2 - 8.59 - James Cockle

3 - 5.88 - Mark Baseby

4 - 5.76 - Lee Smart

5 - 4.49 - Kelsey Dugard

6 - 3.00 - Tyler Govier

7 - 3.00 - Matt Saul

8 - 3.00 - George Piper

TEAM MANAGER - Neil Vatcher

TEAM CAPTAIN - Brendan Johnson

OK guys, so after the in-forced swap around of the team, what are your thoughts on how the Warriors are going to get on this year in the National League?

1 - 8.95 - Benji Compton

2 - 8.59 - James Cockle

3 - 5.88 - Mark Baseby

4 - 5.76 - Lee Smart

5 - 4.49 - Kelsey Dugard

6 - 3.00 - Tyler Govier

7 - 3.00 - Matt Saul

8 - 3.00 - George Piper

Honestly? About 6-8th in the league. A good showing in the Trophy group where I think any of the 3 could top it, but the Warriors could be let down by having several riders new to the track. Based on Kent's showing yesterday they'll just about edge the KOC cup, but again I think it will be close as will the potential next round against Coventry. As to the Pairs, Compton and Cockle may have large averages but I don't see them as strong as some pairings but Cockle knows KL well so that'll help. But Baseby & Smart are strong 3rd & 4th averaged riders, so I think they can make the Fours final.

Ok guys, so who do you think will be the one to watch in this years Warriors team? And which rider do you think will be the one to watch in the National League in 2016?

I am biased, so I will be watching all 8 of ours Warriors! haha

However come the other teams in the league, I think Danny Ayres.

Thoughts?

Andy

1 - 8.95 - Benji Compton

2 - 8.59 - James Cockle

3 - 5.88 - Mark Baseby

4 - 5.76 - Lee Smart

5 - 4.49 - Kelsey Dugard

6 - 3.00 - Tyler Govier

7 - 3.00 - Matt Saul

8 - 3.00 - George Piper

Bet Isle of white wish theyd waited man

Hopwood would be perfect there. All no Compo wont last long again!

I think this side has a very solid top 5 and one of the best 3/4 combos in the league. My concern would be the reserves and wouldn't surprise me to see Piper replace Saul sooner rather than later.

The downside is that all are prone to a shocker from nowhere but i have IOW down as my dark horse team to be very near the last play off place.

Compton will struggle to keep that average imo.

• Like 1

Ok guys, so who do you think will be the one to watch in this years Warriors team? And which rider do you think will be the one to watch in the National League in 2016?

I am biased, so I will be watching all 8 of ours Warriors! haha

However come the other teams in the league, I think Danny Ayres.

Thoughts?

Andy

After Monday night, Daniel Bewley.

Where can I see this year's fixtures?...looking forward to visiting The lovely White Isle again this summer with my bruv. Do Wightlink still do the special deals? Last visited Smallbrook about 5 years ago when they beat Newport. Was less than 200 peeps there, friendly atmosphere compared to the more serious side of speedway at my local track Swindon.Tidy stadium, huge track, hope they can generate better crowds this time round. Was very processional racing though on my last visit.

Is it right they had 3000 there once, as someone said, and they used to get about 600 in PL days up to 1000 holiday times?

Good Luck to the Whites, and good to see Swindon's Lee Smart in the line-up, as local lad Chessell was riding on our last visit.

Wightlink Warrior Andy won't be able to access this forum for a couple of days so, for a full IOW Fixture list go to: http://www.wightwarriors.co/ and click on the drop down menu on top left hand corner on your screen. Well worth visiting the club's media channel too at Speedwayportal.com - drop down to the bottom of the opening page and click on the appropriate panel.

A lot of work has taken place during the winter refurbishing both the stadium and track, the latter being fitted with an airfence for the very first time, and several travel deals have been negotiated for both vehicle and foot passenger crossings etc. Full details again on the club's website.

Plenty to see and do in addition to the speedway so see you there!