British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Thanks TMW and City rebel. Much appreciated.

As you say, I meant Yarmouth / Lymington. I like to try and have a trip to the pits after a meeting and have a chat with a couple of the riders, particularly Danyon - usually to check whether he hurt himself after falling in at least one heat (sorry Danyon).

So have decided to meet my mate from Swanage in Portsmouth and go that route. Just cuts down any chances of not making it back to the mainland a bit, and if there is any bad luck going it ends up in macca56's direction, lol.

Thanks again. Really appreciated by me.

I think you mean Yarmouth to Lymington. You could do Lymington to Yarmouth and then Fishborne to Portsmouth as an option. If you book that routing and the meting is on time you can head off to Yarmouth where they will normally let you on using the Portsmouth ticket. I haven't heard of anyone being refused boarding doing it this way. Hope that this has helped a little.

A lot of the riders are generally on the 23.00 Ferry from Fishbourne and tend to go up to the Bar after the meeting. It does round the evening off nicely

• Like 1

I see a change at reserve tonight for IOW with Nathan Stoneman & Layne Cupitt? Are Govier & Piper on the injured list along with Phillips?

I see a change at reserve tonight for IOW with Nathan Stoneman & Layne Cupitt? Are Govier & Piper on the injured list along with Phillips?

I know Tyler Govier suffered concussion last week against Cradley so has to be stood down for the mandatory number of days, as for Piper Iv no idea.

Stoneman is a permanent signing.

Edited by Islander15

A lot of the riders are generally on the 23.00 Ferry from Fishbourne and tend to go up to the Bar after the meeting. It does round the evening off nicely

Thanks TMW that helps a lot and is a great suggestion.

Stoneman is a permanent signing.

Good signing at that looking at the score charts but with a wrecked bike already i hope the pockets are deep enough for the rest of the season

Can someone tell me the remaining home fixtures for the season,and the best method of travel, we live in swindon. What size crowds are at smallbrook this year.

Aug 23rd should be a good one NL elect Champions Birmingham Brummies

They were at Swindon not long ago in Elite.

Aug 23rd should be a good one NL elect Champions Birmingham Brummies

Yes this should be a good meeting with two ex Under 15's champions lining up against one another. However I feel Eastbourne & the other NL play off teams may prevent Brummies becoming back to back champions :)

Have just booked Foot Ferry tickets from Portsmouth Harbour to Ryde on the 17:15 crossing tomorrow which hopefully will get us to the stadium in time for the Pits to be open still.

Weather looks set fair. Hopefully the stadium will see a large if not record crowd for the visit of the best NL team this season in the Brummies.

Looking forward to it and would imagine I will enjoy my visit to the Island far more than my visit to The Abbey tonight.

(Hoping to do Redcar v Ipswich on Thursday too, but the forecast does not bode well for that one.)

• Like 1

Apologies for asking so many questions, but could someone who knows tell me where I park my car at Portsmouth Harbour to catch the foot ferry to Ryde and how much it costs? Also, could someone let me know how frequent the "taxis" are from Ryde to the Stadium?

Many Thanks Again.

Apologies for asking so many questions, but could someone who knows tell me where I park my car at Portsmouth Harbour to catch the foot ferry to Ryde and how much it costs? Also, could someone let me know how frequent the "taxis" are from Ryde to the Stadium?

Many Thanks Again.

http://www.wightwarriors.co/travel

Just e-mail the address shown in the taxi section before noon tomorrow stating which ferry you are booked on.

As for parking I use College Street (pay and display £1 for 20 mins, but free after 6pm.) There is also a pay and display on Havant st and a multi storey on Wickham st.

• Like 1