British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Shock Horror! Sort Of Speedway Question On Crimbo Question Of Sport!

Did anyone else watch tonights Question Of Sport?

Santa Clause is a loan of rider/s from Sweden/Denmark (where the weather is craps) to GB teams in the poor weather!! True/False

Can't believe that was deemed to be true by (not Phil Tufnells team)

Crazy!!

• Like 1

Haven't seen it yet as it's recorded but strangely enough quite a few BBC programmes feature Speedway questions, in spite of their lack of interest. Question of Sport, The Weakest Link, Eggheads etc., so there must be a fan somewhere on the production line. Just the one. :lol:

Haven't seen it yet as it's recorded but strangely enough quite a few BBC programmes feature Speedway questions, in spite of their lack of interest. Question of Sport, The Weakest Link, Eggheads etc., so there must be a fan somewhere on the production line. Just the one. :lol:

It was a sort of "call my bluff" type round... Hope promoters don't watch it, it might encourage them to try it!!!!!!

• Like 2

I saw it too. I had to think hard to make sure it wasn't true!!!!!!! :-)

Definitely not for a Question of Sport (tbh I wouldn't wipe my bum on that rubbish :nono: ) but a friend of mine wrote questions for the other series mentioned above; plus, more recently, the Chase. The speedway based references are definitely his; other than on QoS. He has never seen live speedway in his life, mainly because there are no tracks that near where he lives, but from TV and You tube viewing thinks it is a brilliant sport and we often talk about it when we meet. He used to have an action photo of Franky Zorn in his office too. Name dropping here but ex Dr Who Colin Baker's daughter, who worked alongside him at the BBC, was totally in awe of the Zorn pic too and, like many on this forum never goes but also thinks it is a really sensational sport. Maybe her dad could go back to the 1960s to check if speedway was actually better then. :party:

For those interested in potential future TV based speedway questions I would recommend the new series of 15 to 1 with Sandi Toksvig as worthy of a look.

• Like 1

yeah made me chuckle lol the Santa Clause

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if there is a Sky season review program this year? Or has it already been shown??

SHOCK HORROR Another speedway question tonight, what sport would have a match between Swindon Robins and Coventry Bees.

Can I phone a friend?

Can I phone a friend?

Yes, but only if you have a friend. :P

• Like 2

I don't have friends but I do have 2 PIMs I go up the pub with! Any idea anyone?

I don't have friends but I do have 2 PIMs I go up the pub with! Any idea anyone?

why take your own drinks to the pub ?

• Like 2