British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

It will be shown afterwards on ESP 2 Swe at 21.10.

Seems to be mainly football on ESP2 and figure skating on ESP1 which I assume have much higher viewing figures.

Edited by Ghostwalker

On German Eurosport this year there will be absolutely no speedway coverage anymore.

No more SEC and no more Best Pairs Cup, even though some German Sponsors have invested in teams to enter the SBPC, expecting to get live tv presentation, with a SBPC round held at Landshut, and a SEC round at Güstrow, plus the SEC Challenge at Olching.

German Eurosport have stated that tv audience figures for live speedway were disappointing last year, compared to MotoGP and Superbikes coverage.

Since there is still no tv coverage of the SGP and SWC here in Germany, this decision is a major set back, with once again no speedway to be seen on tv in our country.

On German Eurosport this year there will be absolutely no speedway coverage anymore.

No more SEC and no more Best Pairs Cup, even though some German Sponsors have invested in teams to enter the SBPC, expecting to get live tv presentation, with a SBPC round held at Landshut, and a SEC round at Güstrow, plus the SEC Challenge at Olching.

German Eurosport have stated that tv audience figures for live speedway were disappointing last year, compared to MotoGP and Superbikes coverage.

Since there is still no tv coverage of the SGP and SWC here in Germany, this decision is a major set back, with once again no speedway to be seen on tv in our country.

I blame BSI.

Here is the latest line-up for Saturday`s 1st round of the Speedway pairs cup from Torun- live on British Eurosport 2 at 4pm

Boll Team:
1. Niels Kristian Iversen
2. Martin Vaculik
15. Patryk Dudek

Nice Racing:
3. Artiom Łaguta
4. Antonio Lindbaeck
16. Grigorij Łaguta

City Team:
5. Kai Huckenbeck
6. Tobias Kroner
17. Tobias Busch

Fogo Power:
7. Emil Sajfutdinow
8. Bartosz Zmarzlik
18. Tobiasz Musielak

Trans MF Pro Race Team:
9. Martin Smolinski
10. Nicki Pedersen
19. Renat Gafurow

Eport2000.pl Team:
11. Piotr Protasiewicz
12. Grzegorz Zengota
20. Janusz Kołodziej

Monster Energy Team:
13. Greg Hancock
14. Chris Holder
21. Paweł Przedpełski

All that fuss about no Team GB and the year it's not countries its mix and match no Brits in it anyway :D

And none of them teams make any sense - apart from Monster as we do know team Monster. I just don't see the point.

Edited by SCB

All that fuss about no Team GB and the year it's not countries its mix and match no Brits in it anyway :D

And none of them teams make any sense - apart from Monster as we do know team Monster. I just don't see the point.

Most of the teams are big Polish sponsors of their riders-exactly the same as Monster ! ie Boll, Nice and Fogo

Edited by racers and royals

I'd bet for the next round of this tournaent, the composition of the pairs/teams will look different again.

Seems this has been transforemd into an event to put the sponsors in the spotlight and on tv. Just which rider is in which team seems totally irrelevant. An absolute nonsense competition in my eyes.

I'd bet for the next round of this tournaent, the composition of the pairs/teams will look different again.

Seems this has been transforemd into an event to put the sponsors in the spotlight and on tv. Just which rider is in which team seems totally irrelevant. An absolute nonsense competition in my eyes.

If it produces some good racing on a great race track who cares about the teams. Just watch it and enjoy it.

The sport needs sponsors so if they get TV time it's a win win situation. Others might invest if they see obvious benefits.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

If it produces some good racing on a great race track who cares about the teams. Just watch it and enjoy it.

The sport needs sponsors so if they get TV time it's a win win situation. Others might invest if they see obvious benefits.

I wish I could watch it and enjoy it but my son has cancelled his Sky Sports and Eurosport subscriptions. But...he does have BT Sport so SGP and SWC are safe. Phew!.

I wish I could watch it and enjoy it but my son has cancelled his Sky Sports and Eurosport subscriptions. But...he does have BT Sport so SGP and SWC are safe. Phew!.

You could always take out an Eurosport player subscription- so you could watch hopefully the Euro`s as well.

I only have 14 shillings, 3 pfennigs and 27 lira in my piggy bank :sad:

Seems this has been transforemd into an event to put the sponsors in the spotlight and on tv. Just which rider is in which team seems totally irrelevant.

An absolute nonsense competition in my eyes.

1. O.S. where forced by FIM so they didn't have much choice other ten going sponsor teams.

2. MotoGP also have sponsor named teams. Does that make MotoGP a nonsense competition? Of course not.

Speedway will go down that route sooner or later anyway when it comes to championship series (world/euro and etc)..

However I agree that the teams should be "fixed" with the same riders named for the entire season.

Edited by Ghostwalker