British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

Fours Festival Weekend

Has anybody camped at the Showground before? I'm tempted to take my caravan and stay for the whole weekend, as the price seems very reasonable, but I have no idea what facilities are on offer, or where I would be situated on the showground. I believe electric hook ups are possibly on offer, but I can manage without as I'm self contained. It sounds as if it could be a fun weekend, but very few details have been released so far. If anybody has any tips on camping there, I'd be grateful.

PL FOURS TICKETS ON SALE

Monday February 29, 2016

TICKETS are now on sale for the Premier League Fours Championship weekend at Peterborough on July 23 and 24.

Supporters can book their places at the East of England Showground for what promises to be one of the biggest events in the British Speedway calendar.

Fans will be able to enjoy 72 heats of top class Premier League action featuring 52 riders over the two days.

Weekend tickets for the speedway are now available to buy online, whilst admission for the individual days can be paid on the turnstiles on the day.

For further information on the weekend and to order weekend tickets online please go to: http://www.speedwaygb.co/plfours

In addition to the live speedway action a number of live bands and special guests will be performing on the Saturday, whilst there will also be special events on Sunday to compliment the on-track action. Overnight camping during the weekend is also available.

All enquiries regarding camping and the Saturday night entertainment should be directed to: peterboroughspeedwayoffice@yahoo.com

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30095

Has anybody camped at the Showground before? I'm tempted to take my caravan and stay for the whole weekend, as the price seems very reasonable, but I have no idea what facilities are on offer, or where I would be situated on the showground. I believe electric hook ups are possibly on offer, but I can manage without as I'm self contained. It sounds as if it could be a fun weekend, but very few details have been released so far. If anybody has any tips on camping there, I'd be grateful.

Wonder if its as good a value as the £9:50 holidays in the sun.

at least you know what date your going .lol lol lol mmmmm ( thats for dyson)

Why buy tickets this far in advance?

What happens in the event of a rain-off on one or both days ? Free entry to a re-arranged meeting would be no use to those of us travelling long distances. This is a disincentive to buy tickets in advance.

Told this will be a sell out so book tickets while they're available.

Did your imaginary friend tell you?

Did your imaginary friend tell you?

Maybe he`s taken all his imaginary friends, that`s how its a sell out.

• Like 1

and your,e back in the room .

What is the official capacity at the showground?

What is the official capacity at the showground?

Grandstand holds 2200, dont know how many you would get along the back straight.

Same person who told you the tooth fairy and Santa Claus are real presumably.

I've no desire to have my money sitting in somebody else's bank account for 5 months gaining interest

Grandstand holds 2200, dont know how many you would get along the back straight.

First bend would hold many hundreds. Can't think why the crowd would be that much higher than any other 4's at Peterborough. I'll guarantee there will be not many more than 4,000 in attendance on either of the two days Edited by Shads

With regards to the camping, which may be of interest to fans coming from away tracks, I contacted the Peterborough Speedway office with a few questions, and received the following reply which may be of interest?

Campers are allowed in from Friday 22nd from 5pm
There is plenty of space and you enter Showground at gate 14, it will be signposted
Electric hook up is an extra £50 payable to Showground on the day, this is a separate charge from us unfortunately
There is sufficient space for awnings etc and you would be able to book on the day
We also have security booked 24/7 throughout the weekend.
I believe the Camping/caravanning charge is £10 per night with loo's and showers available. However I don't think I'd bother with the electric hook up at an eye watering £50. I can always run my fridge on gas to keep the beer cold! Certainly worth considering as a weekend away with 72 heats of Speedway on offer.
  • Like 1