Scunthorpe in 2006

Rye House and Poole in 2007

Rye House in 2008

• Like 1

Scunthorpe in 2006

Rye House and Poole in 2007

Rye House in 2008

:)

Good answer.. I should have clarified... after he began riding for Wolves.

• Like 1

Gustix?

He's the one carrying the red light.

:)

Good answer.. I should have clarified... after he began riding for Wolves.

So what season's has he ridden for Wolves? 2009 to 2014? I make that just 6 years so if he ever decides to grace our league again and does 4 more years I will agree Stevebrum is right. I won't hold my breath though because I don't think there will be an Elite League for him to ride in by then.

• Like 3

A few interesting points highlighted in the Star this week in the Fans Forum item

Social media strategy......"We all find it very restrictive and strange that we have to ask to put our own stuff on our own websites, but there is a very positive mood for that to be ironed out and go forward with it"

Keith Chapman.

Abandoned meetings/Heat 10 rule "On re admissions, i dont think its something weve had to deal with at Scunthorpe. Sometimes mother nature intervenes and its beyond our control and your battling to get to heat 10.

But it has been abused once or twice , and i can assure you that has been noted."

Rob Godfrey

"I can only speak for myself at Kings Lynn, and when we have a wet meeting our crowds dont drop at all, because ive always had the policy that i give refunds at the gate".

Keith Chapman.

Social media strategy......"We all find it very restrictive and strange that we have to ask to put our own stuff on our own websites, but there is a very positive mood for that to be ironed out and go forward with it"

Keith Chapman.

I'm relieved to see that the excessively restrictive nature of the Go Speed/Sky deal regarding online media is recognised at the highest level and hopefully the same mistake won't be made again. There is absolutely no point in including online rights in a TV deal UNLESS they are to actually be used!

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

Found the Speedway Star article a very good read.

Hopefully the plans work out well.

Also thought the Swedish League article was very good

Good article in the Star but a few things were missed out and I felt that they are pushing too much towards the standardised engines with the attitude we will do it even if the other countries don't.

They said that they started the day with one idea but finished with different ideas after hearing the views of Oliver Allen and Daniel King. One retired and both based here and mainly doubling up and not venturing out into the foreign leagues at the top level.

If Britain push this forward and others don't (and I can't see it ever happening world wide) then we will lose the best riders we have as they will have no choice but to stick with Sweden and Poland for regular racing and better pay using their normal bikes.

For me the main priority is to get the Elite League sorted out and either make it a strong but reduced fixtures or forget it and all work together in a bigger league. Trouble is that doing that will also risk losing the top British riders wanting to compete against the best and more money.