British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Fans Forum.

Set your diaries forum fans for Sunday 21st February at Rugby Town Hall at 1 pm.

New BSPA Chairman Keith Chapman announces a Fans Forum, with a panel of promoters and possibly a couple of riders staying on from their separate meeting in the morning?!

300 places up for grabs - check the BSPA website

www.speedwaygb.co

Silly me.

I thought this was going to be a forum for fans of the BSPA.

An elite little group.

It is a step in the right direction from the BSPA, so lets applaud that.

Decent idea, hopefully the hall will be full

Good idea..... only 300 tickets is limiting,

The Fours weekend in Peterborough would be a good slot and the exhibition hall would hold a lot of people.

Keeping it down to 300 people and 300 of thier choice will help keep things quite and only be asked by them the questions that they really only want to hear. You can imagine what it would have been like if the had over 1000, mainly disapointed and disgrunteled speedway fans shouting at them the truth. Something they really do not want hear.

Keeping it down to 300 people and 300 of thier choice will help keep things quite and only be asked by them the questions that they really only want to hear. You can imagine what it would have been like if the had over 1000, mainly disapointed and disgrunteled speedway fans shouting at them the truth. Something they really do not want hear.

Take your tin hat off.

Do you really think the BSPA have set up a panel of promoters vetting each fan applying? Given the location (clearly a matter of convenience for the BSPA) I would expect the majority of fans attending to be from Coventry or Leicester - neither groups are likely to be particularly compliant at the moment. I think there are benefits to a smaller rather than a larger group - it makes it easier to have a constructive dialogue. A thousand people shouting at the BSPA would only prove the point of view that it is impossible to have a discussion with speedway supporters.

I do think Kirkylane's suggestion is an excellent one.

• Like 2

Trust the BSPA. A clash of dates already. WSRA will be holding the Celebration of Speedway the same day. This was planned last year.

Why couldn't the promoters pick another date,there are plenty more to chose from.

Well I know where I shall be heading.......WSRA. to celebrate Speedway in the good old day's when it was run by people who truly cared about the sport.

• Like 3

Trust the BSPA. A clash of dates already. WSRA will be holding the Celebration of Speedway the same day. This was planned last year.

Why couldn't the promoters pick another date,there are plenty more to chose from.

Well I know where I shall be heading.......WSRA. to celebrate Speedway in the good old day's when it was run by people who truly cared about the sport.

What like Mike Parker?

• Like 1

What like Mike Parker?

Names like .....Ronnie Greene......Charles Ochiltree.......Charles Knott.......Ian Hoskins.........Jack Fearnley......Frank Varey.

come to my mind straight away.

• Like 1

Names like .....Ronnie Greene......Charles Ochiltree.......Charles Knott.......Ian Hoskins.........Jack Fearnley......Frank Varey.

come to my mind straight away.

and mason wear. :unsure:

Has this died the death? I've not seen any details of riders and promoters attending, nor any suggestion of "get your tickets while they last"

Has this died the death? I've not seen any details of riders and promoters attending, nor any suggestion of "get your tickets while they last"

What did you expect? This is one better than a BSPA "shared" event...this is an entirely BSPA event, so instead of it being half a shambles, it's a complete shambles.

Only 50 places left according to the latest BSPA update, so thats 250 already in attendance, which should make it lively!! Similarly I hope that the promoters present provide a reasonable EL/PL and geographical balance if possible.

I'm not sure who the rider representatives are for the seperate Sunday morning meeting (SRA members??), but it was originally suggested that only 1 or 2 might stay on and be available for the open forum?!

Whatever is discussed/agreed(??!) I do hope there is an accurate and extensive summary statement issued by the BSPA, which doesn't lead to loads of other comments on this and other forums about 'He didn't say that, he said this'!! and 'why wasn't that asked/answered?'.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Put it on periscope or utube then there would be on arguments. Unless of course Gospeed have the broadcast rights to this !!!

• Like 4