British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

El Predictions 2016

Most teams are now complete, with the exception of one rider each for King's Lynn & Leicester (plus however many more Lakeside add to their "squad") Looking at the teams, how do you predict they will finish the season if each stick with their starting line up?

Edited by mdmc82

Think Belle Vue and Poole top 2 and Leicester bottom but the middle of the table can go any way. Kings Lynn need a decent number 1 to compete. Also not sure how the Lakeside side will line up. Coventry side isnt looking as bad as when it was first announced!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Belle Vue

Poole

Swindon

Coventry

Lakeside

King's Lynn

Wolves

Leicester

• Like 1

1.Poole

2.Belle Vue

3.Swindon

4.Wolves

5.Coventry

6.Lakeside

(Not much between these 3)

7. King's Lynn

8. Leicester

Edited by mdmc82

1.Poole

2.Belle Vue

3.Swindon

4.Wolves

5.Coventry

6.Lakeside

(Not much between these 3)

7. King's Lynn

8. Leicester

Thats how i see it as well.Perhaps any four from the top five for the play-offs.

Just cant see Lakeside,Lynn or Leicester being strong enough to make a challenge.

All depending on King's Lynn & Leicester's last signing at the moment it's gonna be a scrap for the wooden spoon.

1. Poole

2. Belle Vue

3. Swindon

4. Coventry

5. Lakeside

6. Wolves

7. King's Lynn / Leicester

8. Leicester / King's Lynn

• Like 1

I think a lot of you are overrating Belle Vue's team for this year. Most of that team was picked because they were good around the old track. We only just scraped into the play-offs last year.

We have a brand new track, which with little or no home advantage, particularly at the beginning of the season. Also we do not have the best reserves, who usually decide most Elite League matches. They will do well to get into the top four this year.

• Like 2

1- Swindon

2- Poole

3- Belle Vue

4- Wolves

5- Coventry

6- Lakeside

7- Kings Lynn

8- Leicester

Another thread we have to guess when teams aren't completed.

I'll wait till all teams are complete. :t:

Top 4 in no particular order, Poole,Swindon,Wolves,B Vue.

5-7 in no particular order. K/Lynn, Coventry,L/Side.

Woodenspoon Leicester.

These predictions are based on 7 teams not changing their line ups for the whole campaign.

Poole ,Swindon and Belle Vue look way above the rest who all look terrible ....Leics look like one of the worst sides ever put together in El history

I think a lot of you are overrating Belle Vue's team for this year. Most of that team was picked because they were good around the old track. We only just scraped into the play-offs last year.

We have a brand new track, which with little or no home advantage, particularly at the beginning of the season. Also we do not have the best reserves, who usually decide most Elite League matches. They will do well to get into the top four this year.

Not question of overrating them but how weak the other sides look .

Another thread we have to guess when teams aren't completed.

I'll wait till all teams are complete. :t:

Hmmmm while I get your point there are only two riders to be signed now and I think its pretty obvious that both Lynn & Leicester are scratching around and are highly unlikely to pull any rabbits out of hats, and therefore fairly easy to put them both in the lower reaches of the table.

• Like 1

The difficulty is that all teams have riders who could go one way or the other more so than most years. Poole are least affected but Dave Watt is not getting any younger and we don't know if Hans dip in form was a blip or the start of a slow slide, although he is probably the best second heatleader and better than most teams No 1's

For Belle Vue, Scott is reaching the veteran stage, and although he had a good season he still had a poor spell towards the end, and it is some years since he showed real consistency for a whole year. He can't go on at the top for ever. Who knows whether this year will be a turning point or whether he can still bang in another good year ? Will Richie Worrall start fulfilling his early promise after a couple of years in the doldrums ?

We don't know which Kasprzak will be turning up, or if Fast Freddie can find the form that has been missing for some time now. And the question marks go on. Bjarne Pedersen, Bomber , Craig Cook, Mikkel Bech, Kymakorpi, and several othe key players have all been a bit hit and miss for some time now. Any one of them could have a cracking season or be very erratic and go awol at crucial times

Poole Poole Poole Poole... :party:

Hmmmm while I get your point there are only two riders to be signed now and I think its pretty obvious that both Lynn & Leicester are scratching around and are highly unlikely to pull any rabbits out of hats, and therefore fairly easy to put them both in the lower reaches of the table.

I will wait till I see both teams completed until it's clear no rabbits have indeed been pulled. At present it doesn't look good for either side but let's face it anything can happen particularly given the BSPA can change rules to suit.