British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedybee1972

Bt Sports Grand Prix Presenters

Wasn't it Suzi Perry who said Speedway was boring when she thought she had 'made it'?

I doubt it. She was a Wolves fan before becoming the Sky bird.

Congratulations to perkdon for posting that vitally important piece of nastiness about her. That kind of attitude will help the sport's relationship with BT superbly!

Yes because BT Sport are scouring this forum as we speak to gauge whether there has been any "nasty" comments about her. :t:

• Like 2

JUST because she has joined BT Sport doesn't necessarily mean she will have much in any involvement with speedway and certainly won't be the regular studio anchor alongside Scott Nicholls.

JUST because she has joined BT Sport doesn't necessarily mean she will have much in any involvement with speedway and certainly won't be the regular studio anchor alongside Scott Nicholls.

Absolutely, Suzi Perry was the main presenter on the BBC`s coverage of F1 and Moto GP, you`d think her main role will be coverage of the Moto GP on BT Sport and do the occasional SGP when Moto GP allows. A positive move though IMO for BT Sport getting someone like Perry invloved with speedway.

Clearly the Radio Times thinks she is: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03-09/former-bbc-f1-presenter-suzi-perry-joins-bt-sport.

"The presenter will join the broadcaster to FRONT BT Sport's motorsport coverage, including MotoGP, speedway and the World Rally Championship."

Does the RT know more than the Forum's esteemed insider, or is this just another example of lazy journalism?

• Like 1

She has said herself she will be doing some speedway events.

• Like 1

She has said herself she will be doing some speedway events.

No inside knowledge but I would expect that the only on-site presentation would come from Cardiff - if that didn't clash with Moto GP would expect Suzi to be there. Rest presumably is just someone in BT's Waterden Road studio (Hackney is back!). BT have a shedload of capable presenters ... and there's always Keith Huewen!!

No inside knowledge but I would expect that the only on-site presentation would come from Cardiff - if that didn't clash with Moto GP would expect Suzi to be there. Rest presumably is just someone in BT's Waterden Road studio (Hackney is back!). BT have a shedload of capable presenters ... and there's always Keith Huewen!!

Possibly the World Cup Final at Belle Vue too.

You know, there's no place like the BSF for making you regret trying to help people. I really wish I hadn't posted about Suzi Perry.

Lesson learnt.

OFFICIAL ... Natalie Quirk will front BT Sports SGP coverage along with Scott Nicholls. Natalie first cut her presenting teeth at Belle Vue and then joined BT Sports and is, obviously, a big speedway fan. Good choice.

• Like 1

OFFICIAL ... Natalie Quirk will front BT Sports SGP coverage along with Scott Nicholls. Natalie first cut her presenting teeth at Belle Vue and then joined BT Sports and is, obviously, a big speedway fan. Good choice.

Totally agree Phil. Lifelong Aces fan, remember she wrote pieces for the BV programme while still very young. Thought she did an excellent job as centre green presenter at Kirky Lane, conducting decent rider interviews too.

Think she'll do a great job - good luck Natalie. :approve:

I remember her presenting that speedway show on some local Manchester channel a few years back - she was pretty good at that. I'm sure she'll do a great job. Natalie, Suzi and Scott should be a great team.