British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sayfutdinov On Sgp -" I'll Be Back"

I want to be the world champion and I'm going back to the Grand Prix competition – revealed Emil Sayfutdinov to the Polish newspaper „Przeglad Sportowy” .

The 2016 season 2016 will be third in a row in which the world title competition will be run without the Russian rider. The former world no.3 declares however, that he has not parted with the Grand Prix forever. - I want to be world champion, and the road to it runs only through the Grand Prix. It is natural that I'm going to be back there someday, but not now. World title is the goal, over which one has to focus to the maximum. One can not afford anything to be distracted by anything - explains Sayfutdinov.

It's hard not to agree with the 26-year-old. Tomasz Gollob, shortly before he won his only world title...wrote a will . One has to put everything on one card. - I have to sort out my affairs. There are still few more left, and then I'll be able to compete for the world championship - declared the Russian . Many experts say that the Grand Prix cycle is missing Emil. - After all the SGP competition is held year after year, so what if I am needed there? - said Sayfutdinov with a note of irony. Facts, however, do not lie. In the last season, only former bronze medalist of 2009 would stand a chance to compete with the best in the Grand Prix.

Sayfutdinov in recent years won the European championships twice . As he admits, he would like to win the European title for the third time in a row. - It would be nice to win again, but how things will turn out we will find out at the end of the season. All the time I strive to be a better rider. I test different solutions, but in speedway nothing can be for sure - says Emil who in the past went through some injuries - In speedway is almost impossible to plan anything apart from the competition dates, and even these are subject to change. The plan for the 2016 season I have is to go through it safely, ie without injuries, machinery and financial problems. If things will turn out so, I will be very happy - summed Sajfutdinow.

I for one can't wait to see him back :party: .

• Like 1

As he has thumbed his nose at the GP I hope, though doubt, that he will only be allowed back by participating on the qualifiers and succeeding through the GP Challenge.

Others have to do it this way so he shouldnt be granted automatic inclusion.

• Like 4

As he has thumbed his nose at the GP I hope, though doubt, that he will only be allowed back by participating on the qualifiers and succeeding through the GP Challenge.

Others have to do it this way so he shouldnt be granted automatic inclusion.

Harsh Steve at his best he is the best rider in the world for me his family life and other stuff come first that will change and he should be welcomed back.

Harsh Steve at his best he is the best rider in the world for me his family life and other stuff come first that will change and he should be welcomed back.

Family life? That's the oldest excuse in the book.

Plenty of time for family when you're retired. Most speedway riders have short careers and a few years at most when they're at their best - you have to make hay whilst the sun shines.

It's far more about his lords and masters dictating for whom he should ride.

• Like 6

I agree. He is the most talented rider I have seen in the last few years and the SGP isnt the same without him.

• Like 1

I'm with Steve. I think he should have to qualify, even if just to prove his commitment.

I think he gets invited every year, though, so I'm sure he won't have to.

• Like 1

Family life? That's the oldest excuse in the book.

Plenty of time for family when you're retired. Most speedway riders have short careers and a few years at most when they're at their best - you have to make hay whilst the sun shines.

It's far more about his lords and masters dictating for whom he should ride.

Not the oldest excuse just that Emil has a nice family life,wants to earn the most amount of money before he retires.Nice to have TITLES Humph but do they pay the bills? when he retires i think unless he is badly injured he will have a nice start for his next niche in his life.Being in the Series is not cheap,and i want all the riders to be rewarded more they deserve it.But at the moment the rewards are poor, what would you do Humph?earn more money or try to win the Roll of Honour and be in the history books for less reward.
  • Like 1

Just a personal opinion, but he dropped out, and allegedly (mispelling, sorry) has turned down two wild cards. Only way he should be allowed a comeback is through quali's. There are plenty of riders who would sell their mother and lease their sisters for a chance to be world champ. Even in the "commercial world" (from your lips, you know who you are) we live in, speedway still is a sport. You need to work to achieve, witnessed that 1st hand myself today.

Not the oldest excuse just that Emil has a nice family life,wants to earn the most amount of money before he retires.Nice to have TITLES Humph but do they pay the bills? when he retires i think unless he is badly injured he will have a nice start for his next niche in his life.Being in the Series is not cheap,and i want all the riders to be rewarded more they deserve it.But at the moment the rewards are poor, what would you do Humph?earn more money or try to win the Roll of Honour and be in the history books for less reward.

I've no problem with him saying that BSI don't pay enough to make the SGP worth his while, but just come out and say it - not make excuses about wanting to spend more time with the family or whatever.

First of all I think Emil is a class act and I would love to see him in the GP series. Being new to the sport and not knowing about the advantage of unlimited money to spend on equipment and being a mediocre rider vs. a great rider who can't afford the best equipment and of course the best tuners. I'm just asking could this be part of Emils reluctance to enter the GP? Do all 16 riders have equal equipment? And of course there's the crew that must be very expensive to have for the season.