British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sayfutdinov On Sgp -" I'll Be Back"

Ales Dryml won the european championship, need we say more on how the title is rated.

No disrespect to Ales, but agree with SCB above, second rate riders at best.

GP's is where the best is.

SEC title definitely more worth then being an also ran in the SGP.

SEC when Dryml won wasn't the same as it is today.

Sure, Emil S, Nicki P, Grigory Laguta, Martin Vaculik, Antonio Lindbäck. Definitely sounds like typical second rate riders.

You remember Ales winning the title also proves that you are wrong. Winners will be remembered, the also rans will be not.

2014 season, Greg was WC, Emil was EC but who finished 6th-8th in the SGP? I don't think many,

if anyone, will know/remember without looking it up.

• Like 1

Family life? That's the oldest excuse in the book.

Plenty of time for family when you're retired. Most speedway riders have short careers and a few years at most when they're at their best - you have to make hay whilst the sun shines.

It's far more about his lords and masters dictating for whom he should ride.

Don't agree with you. Emil has had more than 1 bad injury. I think that crash in the polish league at the end of 2014. then all his problems with polish promoters. I think he does right. Let's hope he will back sooner or later in SGP circus. For me he is probably the only rider these days capable of challenging Woffy. Don't forget life has more to offer than just racing ....

• Like 1

I damn well hope so. The sport is on it's arse at domestic level so the one thing really still attracting me is the GPs. We've had a few good seasons now (generally - if you gloss over the Poland farce last year) but if Emil was in it then IMO it would only be better for it.

The only reason I watch the SEC is for Emil and I fear that someone knows that and it's why they're forcing him (through money of threats) to be there. Remove Emil and what does the SEC have? Just Nicki P and I get the impression that Nicki wants to win everything, even a friendly game of monopoly or snap with his kids - but certainly not at the expense of being World Champion!

Great post.

Don't agree with you. Emil has had more than 1 bad injury. I think that crash in the polish league at the end of 2014. then all his problems with polish promoters. I think he does right. Let's hope he will back sooner or later in SGP circus. For me he is probably the only rider these days capable of challenging Woffy. Don't forget life has more to offer than just racing ....

There are none so blind.

• Like 1

There are none so blind.

If he enters Emil is thereabouts, for me without Darcy he is the best rider in the world saying that I would love Ta to i win more titles. Edited by Sidney the robin

If he enters Emil is thereabouts, for me without Darcy he is the best rider in the world saying that I would love Ta to i win more titles.

Not talking about the merits of Emil v Tai.. which Tai wins every time till Emil bothers to enter to enter the GP.

But more those still deluded enough to think Emil sitting out is anything to do with costs or wanting to spend time with family..

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Not talking about the merits of Emil v Tai.. which Tai wins every time till Emil bothers to enter to enter the GP.

But more those still deluded enough to think Emil sitting out is anything to do with costs or wanting to spend time with family..

Most people I speak to recognise and respect that Emil has a different agenda a different lifestyle, do you???.Tai is a great rider no doubt but most people i know within speedway know that Ward ( was) and /Emil are on par with Tai easily. Please Witcher if you can THINK before you comment are you telling me Emil is not at the level of your beloved Tai.??

Most people I speak to recognise and respect that Emil has a different agenda a different lifestyle, do you???.Tai is a great rider no doubt but most people i know within speedway know that Ward ( was) and /Emil are on par with Tai easily. Please Witcher if you can THINK before you comment are you telling me Emil is not at the level of your beloved Tai.??

Tai is a two time World Champion who has proved himself at the highest level.

Emil is a zero time World Champion who hasn't.

It's quite simple.

As for Emil's agenda.. yeah, that would be it wouldn't it. He grew up with a dream to be World Champion. All he ever spoke of was his desire to be World Champion. He entered the GP's and rode through injuries because of his desire to be World Champion. When his father died he dedicated himself to being World Champion in his memory. Along comes the SEC run by a very dodgy organisation and suddenly he 'can't afford it'... despite being one of the richest speedway riders there is.. when it became obvious that was completely bogus as he is most certainly not lacking in equipment it became "spend more time with family"... which of course is bogus as well. He rides in just as many meetings during a season as Tai does, often racing in meaningless events in Germany of the weekend.

Isn't it strange that the Laguta's have had this same attitude transformation! Must be a Russian thing......

Emil has all the ability in the world and in league racing there is nothing between him and Tai... but as said, until Emil shows the guts to fight for World Championships again he will never be in the same bracket.

• Like 1

Id say Emil is easily as talented as Tai, but needs to get back in the sgp asap to prove this.

Superb talent on a bike, but if he wants to be remembered as a great he needs to be back in the gps.

But i do think he is every bit as good a rider as Woffy.

Sadly wont ever know how Good darcy would of been, it seemed at swindon he had turned the corner and was starting to show a lot more maturity and then he had that dreadful crash. Shame, as it would of been box office to see tai, ward and emil all going for top spot.

Its only a matter of time before nicki and greg call it a day, once theyve gone who is there to challenge tai in the series? Id say a fully fit NKI Is the closest atm, but even he is the wrong side of 30 now and seems to lack that little bit of aggression to go from a top 5 rider to world title contender. If he doesnt do it this season, i dont think he ever will.

With zagar, 80 percent of the time he is class but, as i have thought ever since his pl days, theres days where he seems like he cant be bothered.

I do hope a few others step up this season to challenge tai, like holder and doyle. I just dont see holder ever being up there again, too many serious injuries imo which is a shame. Id say doyles probably peaked, but remember thinking that about 6 years ago and look at the difference now!

The gps need emil but he should be made to qualify imo.

As for Emil's agenda.. yeah, that would be it wouldn't it. He grew up with a dream to be World Champion. All he ever spoke of was his desire to be World Champion. He entered the GP's and rode through injuries because of his desire to be World Champion. When his father died he dedicated himself to being World Champion in his memory. Along comes the SEC run by a very dodgy organisation and suddenly he 'can't afford it'... despite being one of the richest speedway riders there is.. when it became obvious that was completely bogus as he is most certainly not lacking in equipment it became "spend more time with family"... which of course is bogus as well. He rides in just as many meetings during a season as Tai does, often racing in meaningless events in Germany of the weekend.

Isn't it strange that the Laguta's have had this same attitude transformation! Must be a Russian thing......

Emil has all the ability in the world and in league racing there is nothing between him and Tai... but as said, until Emil shows the guts to fight for World Championships again he will never be in the same bracket.

Have to agree with this and I'm a huge Emil fan.

Edited by RPNYC

Even though Emil is not in the GP's at the moent, my opinion is that he is as good as Tai.

In 2013 he was neck and neck in the world championship, but mid season Emil lost his father which musy have affected his mental attitude, and all credit to him for riding through it positively.

But then that horrific crash that put him out for the rest of the year. That was one of the most horrific crashes I have seen, and it one time there ws a questio whether he woud ride competatively again never mind get to the top like he has done. And he has got to the top again IMO, I know being Euro Champ is not the same as being World Champ, but he has stiff competition - not only other GP riders like Perderson...... but just remember how posters on here rate the Lagutas, Vaculik and Lindback, and in the SEC he s against them through the Euro Championship.

On the other hand, again posters on here have said Tai has had a "easy" time in the GP's. OK Greg has been consistant, to a lesser extent Nicki has, but Holder - injuries, Iversen - injuries, Darcy - ban, Zagar - inconsistent, others - more inconsistent.

I think I am right in saying Emil said when he comes back to GP's it would be by qualification..... which means unless he qualifies this year then it will be 2018 before we see him in the GP's.

I have no problem with him getting a wild card.

• Like 1

Even though Emil is not in the GP's at the moent, my opinion is that he is as good as Tai.

Nobody is denying it, but when it comes to ranking riders in the future, Emil will be nowhere near Tai if he continues to sit out the World Championship.

Leigh Adams was as good as Jason Crump in every event there was, bar the World Champs. Hence he isn't rated anywhere near him. The same will apply with Emil unless he notches a World Title or two (or more).

• Like 1

agree with BW. I too, think Emil is on par with Tai, but record books put Mauger and Ricko as best ever riders, its judged

by world titles. Id always put Olsen as best I seen, but you cant argue with record books.

As he has thumbed his nose at the GP I hope, though doubt, that he will only be allowed back by participating on the qualifiers and succeeding through the GP Challenge.

Others have to do it this way so he shouldnt be granted automatic inclusion.

i agree that he should have to go through qualifiers. However some Poole fans (not yourself) were saying Darcy should have got a wild card after his ban and now say Emil shouldn't I don't get the thought process behind that at all

Ward and Emil talent wise are on a par with Woffy but are not as good as him the record books tell you that. Gollob was better to watch than Rickardsson and more natural ability but who was the better rider? Rickardsson all day long. Unfortunatly with the tragic events of Darcy and Emil not riding currently, it means neither Ward or Emil will be remembered in the way Woffy will be.
  • Like 1

I'm not too sure about this remembering business. Many great riders never became world champion but are well remembered. One or two did become world champion and are largely ignored.