British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sayfutdinov On Sgp -" I'll Be Back"

I too understand where shovvy is coming from.

Until Emil is back in the GP series he'll just become 'the forgotten man'.

The SEC is just a massive pay cheque with no renowned status.

Enjoyable TV but means very little, the standard of rider is poor apart from 3-4 riders.

• Like 1

I personally think my speedway knowledge is pretty good. I have been going long enough. I watch all leagues in Poland and Sweden as well as domestic and have a very good idea who is coming through in the sport.

So if I have a different opinion I lack knowledge? My personal opinion is Sufudinov, after a brilliant start to his career, has levelled off. He is a very good rider but World Champion? Not for me anymore. Better riders out there. He career is passing him by through bereavement, injury and extremely dodgy (ridiculous) career decisions.

Of course there will always be people like yourself, with a lack of international speedway knowledge, that think he is better than he really is today. Still, if you don't follow the sport in Poland and Sweden, your limited speedway knowledge will show up on such matters. Harsh but true old bean.

Agree with most of what you say, though there`s no reason why Emil cant get his career back on track, get back into the SGP, and have the chance of becoming World Champ. IMO Emil has been badly advised at times, maybe its time to do what he wants, and not what his manager and/or sponsors tell him.

Assuming Russia qualify. No Grigory Laguta will make it tougher for them, and the Czechs could nick third-although I hope they don't.

Russia will be a comfortable 3rd.

If Emil does get back into the series and has an injury free run he'd be Tai's biggest threat no doubt.

Edited by woz01

Emil topped the scoresheet tonight in Round 1 WTC in Denmark. 6 rides, 5 wins, including a win when he was tactical sub and Russia played the Joker - so 18 points in the bag.

Those going to BV next Friday for the play off are in for a treat.

• Like 1

Emil was class last night. He out rode them all and was a joy to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing him again on Friday

• Like 1

I agree with Shov ..thou Emil has got a lot of talent he has not got the hunger or desire to reach the top . he will be remembered as someone who wasted his talent

I agree with Shov ..thou Emil has got a lot of talent he has not got the hunger or desire to reach the top . he will be remembered as someone who wasted his talent

If he gets in the Series with organisation a good team around him he has every chance.For me as good as Tai is he is beatable has Emil got the will and commitment that is another matter?For me Emil is a top three rider now just hope Emil and Dudek get in the series the series will then be alot stronger for it. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Had Emil not been injured the year he started the GP season in such great form, he would have won the title. I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that had he remained injury free and competed in the GP series every year since, he would have won again.

I might also be so bold as to suggest Tai may not have won one title yet alone two with Emil as a constant rival.

• Like 1

Had Emil not been injured the year he started the GP season in such great form, he would have won the title. I have no doubt. I also have no doubt that had he remained injury free and competed in the GP series every year since, he would have won again.

I might also be so bold as to suggest Tai may not have won one title yet alone two with Emil as a constant rival.

I am amazed "Custom Emil had every chance of winning that title no-one else has mentioned that.If Darcy and Emil had been around would Tai have won a title who knows fair play to Tai he took his chance and has the titles in the bag.

Yet Emil had a big lead that year which had been whittled down and been lost. The momentum was with Tai and Emil was beginning to flounder.

Tai was leading the championship at the time of the injury to Emil.

• Like 1

Would hans or Erik have been multi world champs if not for penhalls retirement, the self induced issues of Moran and Lee, the injury to siglos etc?

What matters though is that they did win, just as tai has. You can only beat what is in front of you, and tai has two world titles to emils none.

Emil is clearly good enough to be world champ, and I hope he does become champ.

But I suspect he is much more likely to be a pc or gollob - most talented riders of their generation but with just one world title apiece to show for it - than a multi champ like Olsen or hans. If only because to be world champ more tham once you generally need to gate.

Edited by waihekeaces1

I understand people rushing to Tai's defense here and the arguments are correct. HOWEVER, still would have been very intersting to see what would have happened.

Tai was leading the championship at the time of the injury to Emil.

Everyone seems to forget this. And that Tai had 7 from 3 at Cardiff when he was wiped out set to score another 7-10 points and it meant he had to ride in the next GP 2 weeks later with a broken collarbone. Emil was 8th in the heats so had Woffy made the semi then Emil wouldn't have done so 5 points less for Emil too. Thats a 12-15 point swing then. Im not including Tais injury in a later GP as he caused that himself, thats just tough luck. So when you consider Tai was 3 ahead when Emil got injured, take into account Cardiff too and actually, without injury Emil would have been 15 behind Tai.

Woffy then scored 17, 7 and 10 (34 out of 63) meaning Emil would have had to have score 50-53 out of 63 in the last 3 rounds. He wasn't good enough to drop less than 3-4 points each meeting, even that season and Woffy may have scored more in the final GP had he needed to.

I'm just not seeing how Emil would have been World Champion that season. Tai deserve it as by the time Emil was injured he was 3 up and had been injured for half a GP.

As for Shovvys views he's right. mid-2013 I thought Emil would be World Champion and win many more. But he's no yesterdays man. While he's not in the GP his career is going nowhere. Such a shame really. I say that as a fan of Emil too.

I understand people rushing to Tai's defense here and the arguments are correct. HOWEVER, still would have been very intersting to see what would have happened.

Agree with this. Just like what would have happened in 72 if Briggs didn't get knocked off. In 77 if Collins wasn't injured. In 78 if Jessup didn't have an effect first up. In 81 if gremlins didn't hit penhalls main rivals. 82 if Carter didn't fall/get knocked off. 85 if Carter was on the final. Every season there are what ifs that are interesting to debate.

Agree with this. Just like what would have happened in 72 if Briggs didn't get knocked off. In 77 if Collins wasn't injured. In 78 if Jessup didn't have an effect first up. In 81 if gremlins didn't hit penhalls main rivals. 82 if Carter didn't fall/get knocked off. 85 if Carter was on the final. Every season there are what ifs that are interesting to debate.

These points are so right do you think Lee and Carter could of won a title? the old saying is though you can only beat what is put in front of you on a given day and hope the luck is with you.Emil if he is determined he could still do it at the week end he showed he still has the class so fast when he hit the front..How many people thought Crump/ Gollob maybe would not win a title but they did they stuck at it but this is where Tai has a massive advantage the first title to win for me is the hardest.