British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

Team Gb = Is It Time ?

I believe there was some difference. Didn't Lee decide to retire from the GB squad, while Scott withheld his services due to a dispute over the display of sponsors logos on the national racesuit? Anyway Lee might have changed his mind it's true, but unfortunately he can't.

Nope, was nothing to do with that.

Not sure GB will have the consistency to win this but I'll be there cheering for them whatever.

Chuck all the youngster in and let them have a go. Tai Woffinden isn't interested in Great Britain anymore. Scotty doesn't deserve a chance imo.

Garrity

And to think, we had riders of Gordon Kennetts quality 2nd in the 1978 World Final, threatening to take out a Danish licence because he could not get into the English Team.

Chuck all the youngster in and let them have a go. Tai Woffinden isn't interested in Great Britain anymore. Scotty doesn't deserve a chance imo.

re Tai: at international level there is absolutely no evidence for this ridiculous statement

I'd be more annoyed that Nicholls has say back and watched us struggle but i do think youngsters is a good shout

Tai not interested lol last two gb meetings surely 34points out of 36 speaks for it self. I cudnt care less if he is or isnt he still does the job tht is expected of him

Edited by mc131
  • Like 5

Nice to see Chris Harris will still attend the training camp in Croatia despite him not being able to ride after a minor operation. True commitment.

• Like 4

And to think, we had riders of Gordon Kennetts quality 2nd in the 1978 World Final, threatening to take out a Danish licence because he could not get into the English Team.

Simon Wigg (Dutch?), Andy Smith (Polish) and Marvyn Cox (German) all did for a variety of reasons.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

The squad really isn't even open to any debate and the future looks bleak. The 4 riders will be Tai, Harris, Nicholls and Cook. I agree that Lambert should he progress is next in line. After that what do we have? The next best 3 are all premier league number ones who have been used before but fall short i.e Stead, King and Kennett. After that you also have the like of Barker and Bridger, both not good enough. I keep reading bout the youngsters well who are they? Garrity is a better option than Barker or Bridger but he isn't better than the other 3 I mentioned, and whoever thinks an elite league reserve and a below 7 average in the premier league like Kyle Newman should be anywhere near the squad needs their head testing. Our top 4/5 could hold its own but coming through there is nothing

• Like 1

Twitter from @AJROSCO shows pictures of the Worrall brothers and Lewis Bridger in Croatia

Twitter from @AJROSCO shows pictures of the Worrall brothers and Lewis Bridger in Croatia

Lewi Kerr, Kyle Newman, Josh Auty are out there too.

Jason Garrity, Josh Bates & Kyle Howarth are all members of a Team GB party visiting Gorican as they prepare for this years World Cup.

Lewi Kerr, Kyle Newman, Josh Auty are out there too.

Jason Garrity, Josh Bates & Kyle Howarth are all members of a Team GB party visiting Gorican as they prepare for this years World Cup.

What about Cook and Lambert?

Would be surprised if they aren't but not seen them mentioned anywhere yet.

Doesn't seem like Robert is there.From his FB it looks like he is busy doing fitness training and taking orders for his gear when he comes to Germany in a few weeks time :P

Doesn't seem like Robert is there.From his FB it looks like he is busy doing fitness training and taking orders for his gear when he comes to Germany in a few weeks time :P

And stead on twitter whining he's not invited...