British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

Team Gb = Is It Time ?

Not quite sure why some are getting hot under the collar about Nicholls' return?! Its not as if he's been guaranteed a final team place and he clearly wants to help the less-experienced riders in the squad as much as possible.

Rosco will pick his final team based on his opinion as to who is in the best form at the time and who has ridden ok at the new stadium, as well as taking into account the team dynamic ie team spirit etc.

ps. It would appear that Chris Harris did not practice with the rest of the Team GB squad in Gorican because he's not yet fit enough following an operation?? Any confirmed updates on this?

• Like 2

ps. It would appear that Chris Harris did not practice with the rest of the Team GB squad in Gorican because he's not yet fit enough following an operation?? Any confirmed updates on this?

Seems he had an op on the nose area to help his breathing and the doctors advised any "off" might damage the work they had done.

But full marks to him for going anyway.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I think Robert is the only 'youngster' capable of performing to SWC standard at the moment. If it is the case that the reserve needs to be an U21 then the team really picks itself; Tai, Bomber, Nicholls & Cook with Lambert at reserve.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think Robert is the only 'youngster' capable of performing to SWC standard at the moment. If it is the case that the reserve needs to be an U21 then the team really picks itself; Tai, Bomber, Nicholls & Cook with Lambert at reserve.

Shouldn't forget that the U21 Reserve can only be used in the event of injury or illness to one of the 1 to 4 and not to replace an under performing Rider, so I wouldn't limit Robert Lambert to the Reserve slot until we've seen what form the riders are in and who deserves to be in the 1 to 4 on merit. Placing the form Rider in the Reserve position would be a waste if they don't end up getting a ride in the meeting. The host nation doesn't have to declare it's final composition until 30 minutes after practice for the Final.

• Like 1

Fair enough, didn't realise that. Just a matter of picking the four in form then, can't see it coming from outside the five aforementioned riders though.

Ideally, I think the winner of the under 21's should be named as the reserve (unless it's lambert and he is named as a 1-4 rider, then second would be named).

Unfortunately it probably won't work out that way.,..

Glad to see I am not the only one who thinks this.

• Like 1