British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Es First Leg 16/03/16

Everyone used to moan about foreign riders at reserve before the draft so how is it going to be right when it happens now?.

Unless you have a team of Brits apart from the no1 rider, there is not a lot you can do!

Unless you have a team of Brits apart from the no1 rider, there is not a lot you can do!

That's why it should never have changed from what it was.

Yeah but Aussies aren't really foreigners are they?? Swindon know that for sure this season!!!!!

Yeah but Aussies aren't really foreigners are they?? Swindon know that for sure this season!!!!!

Shouldn't matter what nationality they are as makes a mockery of the original rule.

I agree Swindon in it as well.

That's quite a few more than he got at Poole wednesday!

Different roles but i don't think he's ever done that well at Poole. We should see a much improved Garrity tonight

Crazy robin, on 18 Mar 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

Everyone used to moan about foreign riders at reserve before the draft so how is it going to be right when it happens now?.

The draft was always going to be flawed ,it only benefited the Promotions who knew the rule before anybody else , a little bit like the Heat leader list & the instant squad system .

Different roles but i don't think he's ever done that well at Poole. We should see a much improved Garrity tonight

He scored 9+3 at Poole last season!!

9+1 from 6 rides and 8 from 5 rides last year so not all conquering at Wolves as people seem to think.

Got home from work feeling upbeat about tonight, let me sleep on it and I'm sure that'll change!

I'd still say that Jason considers our track one of his best, stats do tell part of the story tho!

That's why it should never have changed from what it was.

Really?

So let other countries youngsters benefit from racing at reserve here and we get little benefit ??

This is the right way around. The cream of the British youngsters will rise to the top and others will struggle. It's no different to the same teams bringing in the best youngsters on a 4 and others being less successful with their signings.

At least this way GB get to benefit those who progress. I couldn't be any happier about that move personally.

With so few big names and new up and coming riders wanting to come here these days the days of foreign bargains are in the past. Rightly so too.

I'd still say that Jason considers our track one of his best, stats do tell part of the story tho!

Really?

So let other countries youngsters benefit from racing at reserve here and we get little benefit ??

This is the right way around. The cream of the British youngsters will rise to the top and others will struggle. It's no different to the same teams bringing in the best youngsters on a 4 and others being less successful with their signings.

At least this way GB get to benefit those who progress. I couldn't be any happier about that move personally.

With so few big names and new up and coming riders wanting to come here these days the days of foreign bargains are in the past. Rightly so too.

So you could get Davey Watt at reserve instead?.

How is that right?.

So you could get Davey Watt at reserve instead?.

How is that right?.

It would have been exactly the same if a 4 point assessed rider moved up into the main body of the team as it always was back in the day.

Are you saying that never happened? ?

It's exactly the same as before.

Better to have a rider move up as reward for progress than keep him at reserve and gain minimal progress.

Better that rider is a brit as well.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1