British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

just back from glasgow reading others on here saying what a great meeting it was i must have seen something different was a let down to be honest not a lot of passing most races decided after second bend.and when are refs going to clamp down on certain rider leaving hair hanging out of helmets,its in the rule book no hair or scarfes hanging out god help, them of they fall and it gets caught in a wheel , told 2 refs of duty about it they wernt bothered.

just back from glasgow reading others on here saying what a great meeting it was i must have seen something different was a let down to be honest not a lot of passing most races decided after second bend.and when are refs going to clamp down on certain rider leaving hair hanging out of helmets,its in the rule book no hair or scarfes hanging out god help, them of they fall and it gets caught in a wheel , told 2 refs of duty about it they wernt bothered.

You must have been there was several passes after the 2nd Bend and a lot off close racing granted some heats were strung out but that was down to the gulf in rider ability in some heats.

Don't always need overtaking in a heat for it to be good as we saw today for the minor places.

• Like 2

its in the rule book no hair or scarfes hanging out god help, them of they fall and it gets caught in a wheel , told 2 refs of duty about it they wernt bothered.

Had to turn the GP off last night when I saw Lindback's Barnett, an abomination and a disgrace. Shame as I was really looking forward to seeing it.

• Like 2

Had to turn the GP off last night when I saw Lindback's Barnett, an abomination and a disgrace. Shame as I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Ummm, I don't understand this problem... lol, does it matter? And for people saying they could get caught in chains and stuff, well so could an arm, or a leg, should riders take their limbs off before going out too? I think there can be too much safety, the riders know the dangers before they get on the bike and they wouldn't do it if they thought about their hair hanging out of their helmets getting stuck and so on... Just my opinion of course :) I'd prefer no anger to be raised from this post, just a point

Ummm, I don't understand this problem... lol, does it matter? And for people saying they could get caught in chains and stuff, well so could an arm, or a leg, should riders take their limbs off before going out too? I think there can be too much safety, the riders know the dangers before they get on the bike and they wouldn't do it if they thought about their hair hanging out of their helmets getting stuck and so on... Just my opinion of course :) I'd prefer no anger to be raised from this post, just a point

Haha - I was being sarcy tbh. And I agree, low down the list of concerns.

• Like 1

am soz but safety is all to important we have chain guards to stop limbs getting in the back wheel ,protectors on silencers to stop burns so hair and scarfes need to be put right,am sure insurance would play a big part if someone was to get hurt with hanging hair perhaps even become invalid if rules are broken .

For those who follow Moto GP, only a few years back there was Marco Simoncelli in the big class, just on the brink of regularly challenging the top riders. He had a good mop of hair to tuck into his helmet with a bit sticking out.

Sadly he came off on a corner, stuck with his bike, hit by another rider, and his helmet came off, didn't recover consciousness and sadly dies at the side of the track.

Its rare to see a properly fitted helmet come off. I just wonder whether the heavy layer of hair compressed at some point, allowing the neck strap to come off. Never heard the official cause of death, but always in my mind is that what occurred.

Whatever, another young talent gone.

Christ. What a line up now!

And still Adam Ellis isn't given a chance.

Surely he must have turned it down?

I cannot believe they could put a rider due to a recent average change into a heatleader role with a decent average yet he is not good enough to get into the British semis.

I would like an explanation or I am going to go on the assumption of the list they had of riders to ride before Ellis would be:

Shuttleworth

Kelsey Dugard

Anders Rowe

Jack Parkinson Blackburns mechanic

Neil Middleditch

Max Branning

The programme seller

The tealady

The start line lady wearing blue

Nicklas Klingberg

Then Adam Ellis would be called upon.

I would burst into tears if he got the wildcard call with King but I think it maybe Newman if hes fit since he has the best average in the EL out of all the British riders.

do you have hair? Jealousy will destroy you geoff, maybe next time you see Richard ask him about his hair rather than post childish comments. I bet your a wimp and won't.

• Like 1

Nothing against the riders who stood in at Glasgow, but it really is a sorry state of British speedway when you look at that line up for a British semi final, I may be old school but to me the British final, and title, is rapidly becoming meaningless !

• Like 1

Wasn't the worst meeting I've ever seen , but it wasn't anything special due to the big difference in abilities . Nevertheless it was a decent enough day weatherwise and there was a healthy looking crowd to watch it .

Paul Starke was the surprise package , that lad has really improved a lot , and Danny Ayres deserves credit too , just a shame his opening heat exclusion came back to haunt him . Silly bugger forgot to put his steel shoe on haha .

Didn't the Swedish final used to have(may still have) a qualifying race to start the meeting with 1st and maybe 2nd qualifying for the main meeting. Then 3rd and 4th are the meeting reserves. Maybe this could happen for the British Final with King, Newman, Bates and Wright fighting it out.

• Like 1