British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

I'm sorry sir but I am not agreeing with your posts.

Firstly, Kyle Newman was taking extra rides last year home and away and was riding against all members of the team and not just reserves and at tracks he barely knew. He averages 8.95 for the whole season.

He is now on a 9.20 average and the highest average for a British rider.

In my opinion, if fit those two averages alone should see him as one of the favourites to win let alone be in the final.

I am sorry but I fail to see the logic in this posting and in my opinion you are either biased or just don't rate Newman.

Did you watch the E.L speedway on Sky last year. Personally I don't understand it.

Facts speak louder than guessology.

ok either your trolling or just clueless. Kyle Newman would be lucky to make a British Final and you say he would be a favourite!! I'm sure your trolling you can't be that thick

No wait hang on yes looking at the averages the top 3 Brits in this years final will be Steve Worrall, Kyle Newman and Adam Ellis, in fact it's beyond me how they aren't in the gp's!!!! Sorry Mr Beevers but I would prefer to discuss with adults rather than the trolls or the fools

Nothing against the riders who stood in at Glasgow, but it really is a sorry state of British speedway when you look at that line up for a British semi final, I may be old school but to me the British final, and title, is rapidly becoming meaningless !

How's that? The final is going to have the best British riders other than Woffinden.

I'm sorry sir but I am not agreeing with your posts.

Firstly, Kyle Newman was taking extra rides last year home and away and was riding against all members of the team and not just reserves and at tracks he barely knew. He averages 8.95 for the whole season.

He is now on a 9.20 average and the highest average for a British rider.

In my opinion, if fit those two averages alone should see him as one of the favourites to win let alone be in the final.

Did you watch the E.L speedway on Sky last year. Personally I don't understand it.

Facts speak louder than guessology.

The Facts are Newman got his average riding as a reserve in easy races. He has yet to ride in the top 5 of the team. He also struggles in the PL (which is where the semi was held) so if we were going by averages then surely Kennett would be before him in the queue as higher EL/PL average and gained average in top 5.

Newmans current average is 7.24 in EL and only 6.79 in PL so not the highest British average in either league.

As for the comment about him being one of the favourites to win it, I'm sure that was just a wind up question to get a response as I'm sure not many would believe that. 😂

Edited by mdmc82

The Facts are Newman got his average riding as a reserve in easy races. He has yet to ride in the top 5 of the team. He also struggles in the PL (which is where the semi was held) so if we were going by averages then surely Kennett would be before him in the queue as higher EL/PL average and gained average in top 5.

Newmans current average is 7.24 in EL and only 6.79 in PL so not the highest British average in either league.

As for the comment about him being one of the favourites to win it, I'm sure that was just a wind up question to get a response as I'm sure not many would believe that.

I shall reply to yourself and scb as the other comment has been reported and I will not talk to that poster now.

First of all, this is my opinion and you can laugh or say I don't understand the format and that's your opinions and I respect that so I will defend my opinion.

1) Last year on Sky, I watched Newman bought into races as reserve change several times against riders 1 to 5 and he performed well home and away against these riders in the EL. I cannot comment on his PL form but he is clearly a better rider at the EL tracks. I will agree that the average is not a true reflection as most his rides were against reserves.

2) He was beating riders like and as good as Nicholls, Cook and Harris last season and this season home and away. Surely if he has beaten these riders he would have had a favourable chance of doing well.

3) SCB himself rated Jason Garrity as good if not at least worst than Kyle Newman in his earlier post. Didn't Garrity reach the final last year and close to winning it when he was riding at reserve last season. Surely your going back on your own posts but just my opinion.

4) I am sure we all laughed when we said Jerszy Scaziekiel was going to win the World Final in 1973. Basically never rule out anyone as anyone can beat anyone on their day in a one off meeting.

5) I am not sure where you got Newmans average from mcdc82 because it was around 8.90 when I looked in last weeks Speedway Star.

Kind regards

Joe

I'd of rather seen Newman instead of Bates tbh

I'd rather see Bates than Newman tbh

• Like 4

I would rather have seen the best 16 British riders in the country and that includes Woffinde and Newman. Imo even Charles Wright is a better rider who has done more to deserve a spot than Josh Bates.

I would rather have seen the best 16 British riders in the country and that includes Woffinde and Newman. Imo even Charles Wright is a better rider who has done more to deserve a spot than Josh Bates.

Joe you are on the wind up right ? hope so if not i would not mind a bit of what you are on.
  • Like 3

Lol I've read it all on here now! Joe Beevers you are reporting me because I said you were a fool for suggesting Kyle Newman could win the British title! Quite sad that I'm presuming a grown man like yourself goes crying to the mods because your called a fool. Stop being a big Jessie and man up for gods sake and stop being spineless.

I'd of rather seen Newman instead of Bates tbh

i would rather see an up and coming rider who is under 21 champ than someone happy to be a reserve for 6 years. Josh Bates will become a better rider than Kyle Newman

Lol I've read it all on here now! Joe Beevers you are reporting me because I said you were a fool for suggesting Kyle Newman could win the British title! Quite sad that I'm presuming a grown man like yourself goes crying to the mods because your called a fool. Stop being a big Jessie and man up for gods sake and stop being spineless.

i would rather see an up and coming rider who is under 21 champ than someone happy to be a reserve for 6 years. Josh Bates will become a better rider than Kyle Newman

if anyone gets banned for being called a "fool" this forum is doomed!

if anyone gets banned for being called a "fool" this forum is doomed!

lol read my post at the top of page 9 post 121. If someone takes offence to that then I'm afraid they are a little bit precious really
  • Like 2

Going through all the records riders i would put around the same ability(era). King( has reached 10 finals incl this year,Barker 8 finals, Bridger 6 finals, Garrity 4 finals Auty 4 finals Newman has ridden in 1 as a reserve.

• Like 1

Joe you are on the wind up right ? hope so if not i would not mind a bit of what you are on.

Careful or he will report you for accusing him of being in control of a keyboard whilst on something....