British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches (lc) - Sunday, March 20th (3pm)

HENDERSON INSURANCE Scunthorpe Scorpions are looking for a successful start to their 2016 season, with home and away fixtures with the Ipswich Witches this week.

The Scorpions travel to Foxhall Heath tonight (Thursday, 7.30pm) for a League Cup match, and then face the Witches in the return encounter at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Sunday (3pm).

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We find ourselves in a tough League Cup group with Ipswich, Peterborough and Sheffield, but we would like to get off to a good start to the season and put in a strong challenge for a semi-final spot in the competition.

“I’m full of optimism for the new season – I believe we’ve put together a team that can deliver.

“Nicolai (Klindt), Josh (Auty) and Ryan (Douglas) all scored good points in a competitive meeting in the Ben Fund Bonanza at King’s Lynn on Saturday and everything is boding well for the new season.

“The visit to Foxhall is the first official fixture of 2016, and there’s a chance that we could catch Ipswich a little cold. We’ll approach the meeting with a positive attitude – there’s no reason why we can’t take a result from the meeting.

“In return, I’m expecting an exciting, close-fought encounter at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Sunday, but we will definitely be out to start our home meetings with a victory.

“Ipswich’s last visit to Scunthorpe back in last July was, in a word ‘eventful’ and if we get even half as much entertainment on Sunday as we did on that Friday night, we’ll be in for a treat!”

Admission prices for Sunday:

Adult: £15.00
Student/OAP: £13.00
Child (16 – 17): £5.00
Child (0 – 15) Free (accompanied by paying adult)
Family Ticket £35 (2 adults, 2 Children 16-17)
Match Programme: £1.00

Expected teams for Sunday:

Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Josh Auty, 2. Nicolai Klindt, 3. Alex Davies, 4. Zdenek Holub, 5. Ryan Douglas, 6. Carl Wilkinson, 7. Josh Bailey.

Ipswich Witches: 1. Danny King, 2. James Sarjeant, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Morten Risager, 5. Nico Covatti, 6. Paco Castagna, 7. Darryl Ritchings.

Edited by lucifer sam

Will see how tonight goes before making a prediction on this one.

Think Scunny will be pretty solid at home in general though.

anybody read the posts on witches page? predictions by people who supposedly follow speedway.

hong kong phooey "we should have heat wins every race"....!!!! predictions ranging from 10 to 30+ win..

3.2.1 and back in the room!!

you then had predictions by loads putting scunny at the bottom....no chance...

think you will find I tipped scunny top 6 with ease and holub will be huge advantage to them within a month or two

"fortress foxhall" and "we want trophies" wake up!!

• Like 2

would have put my house on an ippo win, well done scunny . trump card in wilko .

Solid win tonight from your lot well deserved. On this performance can't see Witches getting anything from this .

• Like 1

anybody read the posts on witches page? predictions by people who supposedly follow speedway.

hong kong phooey "we should have heat wins every race"....!!!! predictions ranging from 10 to 30+ win..

3.2.1 and back in the room!!

you then had predictions by loads putting scunny at the bottom....no chance...

think you will find I tipped scunny top 6 with ease and holub will be huge advantage to them within a month or two

"fortress foxhall" and "we want trophies" wake up!!

fortress foxhall didn't even make one meeting.

Anyway on to Sunday. With wilko at reserve scunthorpe should have to much scoring power. Home win

• Like 1

fortress foxhall didn't even make one meeting.

Anyway on to Sunday. With wilko at reserve scunthorpe should have to much scoring power. Home win

think you know baldyman I no longer attend foxhall (Brandon will be the track I visit), but witches line up clearly not

up to challenging. Tonights result, albeit just one game, virtually takes them out of the league cup. I would guess the current crop can now use rest of the league cup to find their feet. The history of the current owner suggests he will stick by his riders.

Well after the surprise (but well deserved) win at Foxhall Scunny will be favourites for a big win.

With Morten also possibly missing meaning r/r from the bottom 3 its likely to be 20+

Could throw a spanner into the average manipulation plans for the Scorpions.........

What a great start last night at Ippo; we didn't end up going due to commitments at work today; thinking a 9 hour round trip would have been a long haul. But wish we had gone; because we would have sailed home no problem on the back of that win.

Look its early days no one will get carried away; but anyone dismissing the Scorpions (and a few Witches devotes did) will take notice of this. Its not a fluke; the result was well managed through the meeting and watching it unfold on Updates you could see where we had the capability of taking points off them.

It is down to the management (and I have every faith) to manage the team properly; motivating; making sure are all together; and properly organised. Also knowing when to reign the lads in when it gets a bit hectic out there and picking them up when its a bit difficult.

Alex "the Thunder" Davies topping the scorecard with 13; and Wilko 11; proving what a trump card he will be whilst he is at reserve. But if you look down the rest of the card Josh A 6; Nicolai 6; Zeddy 5; Ryan 7 and Josh B 2 all chipping in and keeping the momentum in the meeting. There's lots to enthuse over about this Scorpions class of 2016; and we have Andreas Lyager available to come in for Nicolai. I do not see that weakening us either.

It is one of those teams you just want to get behind; and it has the potential to make Scun-day at the EWR a very exciting place to be this summer. Once folks realise we are on to something mark my words they'll want a piece of the action.

Well done everyone for getting the season off to the best possible start; as Mr Daniels would say "NOW THATS MAGIC !"

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2

With morten missing scunthorpe should cruise this by 16 to 20

are we going to hold the gap steady after heat 8 then? wink

What a great start last night at Ippo; we didn't end up going due to commitments at work today; thinking a 9 hour round trip would have been a long haul. But wish we had gone; because we would have sailed home no problem on the back of that win.

Look its early days no one will get carried away; but anyone dismissing the Scorpions (and a few Witches devotes did) will take notice of this. Its not a fluke; the result was well managed through the meeting and watching it unfold on Updates you could see where we had the capability of taking points off them.

It is down to the management (and I have every faith) to manage the team properly; motivating; making sure are all together; and properly organised. Also knowing when to reign the lads in when it gets a bit hectic out there and picking them up when its a bit difficult.

Alex "the Thunder" Davies topping the scorecard with 13; and Wilko 11; proving what a trump card he will be whilst he is at reserve. But if you look down the rest of the card Josh A 6; Nicolai 6; Zeddy 5; Ryan 7 and Josh B 2 all chipping in and keeping the momentum in the meeting. There's lots to enthuse over about this Scorpions class of 2016; and we have Andreas Lyager available to come in for Nicolai. I do not see that weakening us either.

It is one of those teams you just want to get behind; and it has the potential to make Scun-day at the EWR a very exciting place to be this summer. Once folks realise we are on to something mark my words they'll want a piece of the action.

Well done everyone for getting the season off to the best possible start; as Mr Daniels would say "NOW THATS MAGIC !"

Could'nt have put that any better myself? Think l'm gonna like this Scunny team, a lot!

Will be making my first trip to Scunthorpe on Sunday as staying in Stockport after attending Belle Vue's opening meeting. Not holding out much hope of Ipswich getting anything out of this meeting especially if we are without Morten, be lucky to hit 30 but it's another track ticked off. Just hope it's an entertaining meeting after the poor track at Ipswich Thursday.