British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Xtra/nice Leagues/etc Live On Tv

Does anyone else think that SKY could learn something from N SPORTS way of covering speedway ?

I'm not generally a fan of the way Sky do things, too much posturing, rather stiff and formal so the relaxed style of NSport appeals, even if I can't understand the actual words. You can tell a fair amount from body language though.

It's clearly on a higher budget and money does talk in that business. I do think that Sky have scaled-back on their coverage, reflecting a lowering of commitment. The innovation's gone.

I really like the style of CMore's coverage in Sweden though - what appears to be an intelligent conversation, interrupted by racing. I do prefer the conversational approach rather than Sky's hard sell where everything is fascinating, exciting and wonderful. I just wish I knew what was being said then I could confirm my suspicions.

You only have to look at Sportowe Fakty's website though to see how much more is invested in media coverage over there.

----- On a different note, what a ride from Gollob to win heat 11!

Edited by rmc

What a brilliant race. Why i love team speedway- and Mr G. - take a bow. :t:

• Like 1

A race there to remind you that for all the frustrations over stupid rules and rule-makers, the ruinous sporting politics and the unpleasant attitudes of so many elsewhere on this forum, speedway is still a wonderful sport - the trick is to just enjoy the racing!

• Like 6

A race there to remind you that for all the frustrations over stupid rules and rule-makers, the ruinous sporting politics and the unpleasant attitudes of so many elsewhere on this forum, speedway is still a wonderful sport - the trick is to just enjoy the racing!

When the racing is good, they don't need to tinker with rules!

• Like 1

When the racing is good, they don't need to tinker with rules!

Sadly the off-track power game is more important to too many.

Wroclaw to nip it in heat 15? I'll say yes- and have the egg ready. :lol: