British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Xtra/nice Leagues/etc Live On Tv

In a previously postponed meeting between Stal Rzeszów and Wanda Kraków we have witnessed another tremendous performance from Britain's best rider (Tai'ski is Auatralian) Chris "Bomber" Harris. Rofl

And yet he is still qualifies to the GP series every year while all the polish riders cant stay in more than 2 years... :lol:

Looking in the history book there is one polish world champion in every 40 years, Gollob won in 2010 so if you live long enough you might see another one... :rofl:

• Like 1

In a previously postponed meeting between Stal Rzeszów and Wanda Kraków we have witnessed another tremendous performance from Britain's best rider (Tai'ski is Auatralian) Chris "Bomber" Harris. Rofl

Look, you seem to think this is some kind of football forum.

Do you really think you're achieving anything with this childish drivel?

British Speedway is having hard times but thank God we don't have 'supporters' like you.

Get back in the playground.

• Like 1

Thing is GP is nothing. Few boring races with one path (only those in Poland have lots of overtaking) and that's it. Many racers don't even want to start there. 40 best seniors are riding in Ekstraliga and Ekstraliga is what best riders do. GP is simply a tournament where riders earn their place in Ekstraliga.

And I don't hate on Harris. I just find it hilarious that a GP winner (i was in Cardiff) is such mediocre. That tells a lot about GP itself.

Nobody remembers good riders from the Ekstraliga, apart from the hardcore polish fans, everybody knows world champions. As much money you people pump into the sport and still dont have a rider who could dominate in the GP series.

You can see polish riders faces at the GP's trying so hard they forget how to ride a speedway bike Kolodziej, Kasperczak, Hampel all had ridicoulus performances at the GPs. All great riders on their home track and in front of polish fans once they have to step out of their comfort zone they broke under the pressure. Dont fool yourself any polish rider would give up their Ekstraliga gold for a GP gold...

Like I suspect most people in this section of the forum I have a deep love and fascination for speedway which goes back over decades. My interest started with my local team the long-lost Rayleigh Rockets some 45 years ago and developed so much that I became an amateur journalist and broadcaster within the sport.

I love speedway, but most of all league speedway - it's where my interest began, with the Rockets and I guess there it will die. Being able to watch Polish and Swedish Speedway in recent years has added greatly to that pleasure, helped immeasurably by several expert posters on here.

I've seen Britain rule the world of speedway in international competition and run what was in its day the strongest league in the world. They are all happy memories, although I must admit the first international I attended, England 88, Poland 19 wasn't the best of matches.

Now we have characters like tr3 (etc etc) who represent a world of speedway that I can't recognise - a spitting, snarling version of the sport I love, full of hate and scorn, trying to make childish taunts against British Speedway.

Yes our Elite League is in crisis. You don't need to be an obnoxious Pole to know that - we say it all the time. Many of us are very sceptical of BSI's abilities and intentions. We are frustrated at the lack of British talent these days on the international stage, but we have been there, done it, shivered in the t-shirt. Our day will come again, and if not I have happy memories of riders like Peter Collins, Chris Morton and Mark Loram - true racers and respected by all.

I also have extremely happy memories of the efforts of Zenon Plech at Hackney. I was privileged to see most of his appearances at Waterden Road. When I think of Polish Speedway I do prefer to think of heroes like him, Roman Jankowski and Edward Jancarz, not these 'fans' that have appeared here or the ruthless version of the sport they follow.

My biggest pleasure in speedway now is to go to matches in our second and third tiers, the Premier League and National League. The pressure is off, some riders still have time to get involved with the clubs and their supporters. You can stand with rival fans, have a bit of verbal fun with the opposition fans but still share a drink afterwards. There's none of the stress and near-hatred that seems to be creeping into our Elite League and is clearly present in Poland, especially at Zielona Gora.

Yes British Speedway's in a hole right now but you don't need to put our speedway fans in separate enclosures where they taunt the opposition like third-rate football thugs. Sadly that mentality is now being dragged into here by certain Polish posters.

I find it fascinating to watch Polish Speedway but too many of the 'fans; including sadly certain British supporters who follow it closely and taunt British Speedway as some part of that 'support' simply disgust me.

Thankfully with people like tr3.... I can just click and walk away. In Poland people have to share stadia with this kind of reptile.

Now, we used to have a nice friendly section of the forum. I know I've played my part in spoiling matters by responding to the Poles but I just get so angry to see the sport I love treated like dirt by people with tiny brains and big mouths. I apologise but it's hard to stay silent. Having said this I will now try to before this destroys the love I still cherish.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

Not really. Most of Polish riders are like nba players. They think of GP like those Americans think about Olympic Games. For instance Magic Janowski has given away the right to start in GP that he earned to someone else. Most people remember riders that rode in Poland like Lee Richardson. Rest of the world remembers so called World Champions. Thing is that the rest of the world is like 5k people judging by attendance on British tracks :)

You're wrong, we remember riders for all sorts of reasons, not only the top boys and don't forget there are thousands of fans in this country who may not go to speedway anymore but who can remember the days of the huge crowds here

You're wrong, we remember riders for all sorts of reasons, not only the top boys and don't forget there are thousands of fans in this country who may not go to speedway anymore but who can remember the days of the huge crowds here

He/she/it is really clutching at straws Trees, it's pathetic. I wonder if characters like tr3..... realise the love and respect that British crowds had for Polish riders - and not just the points that they scored. Clearly he/she/it can only think in such terms, which is profoundly sad but seems to sum up the desperate Polish Speedway mentality.

I remember friends with 'Solidarity' stickers on their programme boards back in the 80s. Of course, it was just because Zenon was scoring..... As I said earlier it's pathetic and it's an attitude that I have never met in Britain outside football, thank God, not even in Poole.

I do hope that he/she/it is not typical of the Polish supporters but seeing the behaviour I do on TV I do wonder.

I also wonder what he/she/it is trying to achieve? Are we supposed to worship Polish Speedway and treat him/her/it as some kind of superior being? Are we supposed to apologise for loving our sport and give up going? Is this how Zielona Gora fans behave with fellow Poles? If so, God help the country.

British Speedway may be badly troubled but it's not mentally ill.

Perhaps it's time for this thread to be restarted and return to just talking about the matches. I have tr3..... on ignore and only see their postings when people quote them in responses. Might it be an idea if everyone else treated him/her/it with equal disrespect and left them to mouth their childish taunts into thin air? It's my final comment, I promise.

Like many I appreciate this part of the forum for the help in enjoying Polish matches. It's appalling that tr3.... should abuse it in this way and I apologise again for trying to deal with them.

Clearly only a psychiatrist can.

Now, what's happening again on Sunday?

Edited by rmc

Like I suspect most people in this section of the forum I have a deep love and fascination for speedway...

Now we have characters like tr3 (etc etc) who represent a world of speedway that I can't recognise - a spitting, snarling version of the sport I love, full of hate and scorn, trying to make childish taunts against British Speedway.

Yes our Elite League is in crisis. You don't need to be an obnoxious Pole to know that - we say it all the time. Many of us are very sceptical of BSI's abilities and intentions. We are frustrated at the lack of British talent these days on the international stage, but we have been there, done it, shivered in the t-shirt. Our day will come again, and if not I have happy memories of riders like Peter Collins, Chris Morton and Mark Loram - true racers and respected by all.

I also have extremely happy memories of the efforts of Zenon Plech at Hackney. I was privileged to see most of his appearances at Waterden Road. When I think of Polish Speedway I do prefer to think of heroes like him, Roman Jankowski and Edward Jancarz, not these 'fans' that have appeared here or the ruthless version of the sport they follow.

My biggest pleasure in speedway now is to go to matches in our second and third tiers, the Premier League and National League. The pressure is off, some riders still have time to get involved with the clubs and their supporters. You can stand with rival fans, have a bit of verbal fun with the opposition fans but still share a drink afterwards. There's none of the stress and near-hatred that seems to be creeping into our Elite League and is clearly present in Poland, especially at Zielona Gora.

Yes British Speedway's in a hole right now but you don't need to put our speedway fans in separate enclosures where they taunt the opposition like third-rate football thugs. Sadly that mentality is now being dragged into here by certain Polish posters.

I find it fascinating to watch Polish Speedway but too many of the 'fans; including sadly certain British supporters who follow it closely and taunt British Speedway as some part of that 'support' simply disgust me.

Thankfully with people like tr3.... I can just click and walk away. In Poland people have to share stadia with this kind of reptile.

Now, we used to have a nice friendly section of the forum. I know I've played my part in spoiling matters by responding to the Poles but I just get so angry to see the sport I love treated like dirt by people with tiny brains and big mouths. I apologise but it's hard to stay silent. Having said this I will now try to before this destroys the love I still cherish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was interested to read it. Most words have a bitter taste, but it is true. Greetings from 56 years old Polish speedway fan of GKM Gudziądz.

Edited by Ja-Jacek

You changing your diaper?

Perhaps he'l find you in it.

• Like 1

Looks like telewizja still down...

Sadly i think it is gone. :neutral: Probably a crackdown by the TV companies over football streaming- that is what it usually is. We speedway fans don't count in the overall scheme of things because there are so few of us numerically but we get caught up in it. Perhaps Pawel will have some more news for us later as it was a superb feed. However for this first meeting there are lots of options here

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

I'm on one of the media player links which is really good. I'll join you folks in a while. Alan.

Weather looks fine in Krosno- they are watering the track so that bodes well. Alan.

Very nice, stylish pits they have constructed. Looks very good. A not very exciting first heat. :lol:

You changing your diaper?

Diaper is not an English word. You must think you are talking to Americans.

Anyway, you proved my point completely in that post. You belong in the playground with the other brats.

Weather looks fine in Krosno- they are watering the track so that bodes well. Alan.

Very nice, stylish pits they have constructed. Looks very good. A not very exciting first heat. :lol:

Really struggled with streams, finally got one to work! Have I missed much so far??