British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Xtra/nice Leagues/etc Live On Tv

It just lately we had a string of horrible crashes(Krystian,Darcy,Rory) and something should be done i don't think its coincidence.

It just lately we had a string of horrible crashes(Krystian,Darcy,Rory) and something should be done i don't think its coincidence.

Of course not, in any decent sport riders and people close to the sport would have sit down and come up some kinds of improvements, not in speedway. Riders who got fast engines dont want to change anything but they cant sort out things that would be really easy like an independent doctor at the meetings or an independent track inspector. If clubs unable to prepare a track start giving them fines, i know weather could be a problem but we've seen many ill prepared tracks where it wasnt the weathers fault.

I cant see how anyone would let his children into this sport at this state, there are dangerous sports but the complete negligence and stupidity that takes lifes makes me sad.

All what you described already IS implemented in Ekstraliga. There are independent doctors (hope you don't believe doctors let rider ride when unfit because it's just a nonsense) and track inspectors. Clubs that can't prepare their tracks get fined (for example Unia Leszno). Accidents in this sport are very hard to avoid. Bikes are not cars. They don't have a safety cage fitted and every other mistake of it's riders is most likely a contact with surface. Additionally there are four riders riding elbow to elbow in very limited space. The only safety measures that can work here are in fact inflated fences and body armour worn by bikers.

Two out of three (don't know much about Rory or whoever that is accident) are very unfortunate examples. Krystian failed to comply with the safety rules about wearing helmets and Darcy Ward had a bad luck after he made a bad decision.

Of course they let riders ride when unfit Kildemand couldnt stay on the bike for 4 laps at one meeting, a junior got injured because of him. Teams have their own doctors whose job is to tell riders they are good to go, if they can get on their bikes. There are awful tracks every week in Poland, Zielona Gora is perfect example against Gorzow, almost cost Doyle a serious injury. Did ZG get fined after that?

"Bikes are not cars." Great point. You always hit the nail on the head. Many riders got injured because the bike lifted the air fence did they sort that out at every track in Poland? It cost more than a season for Polands best rider. Also there must be something better than hard wood or plastic for the straights that riders doesnt get caught in.

Although track prepariations definitely improved in recent years at the same time bikes become a lot more dangerous after the new silencer, you forgot to mention that.

• Like 1

Gimme your source about Kildemand being forced to ride that day and i'll give you one where he's saying it was his decision. Of course you'll tell me it just happens in the background and Kildemand lies but well. You surely know better rofl.

You dont get it, do you? It doesnt matter if it was his decision or not, their doctor should have said he is unfit and refuse to let him ride. Everyone saw he is unfit when he couldnt hold onto his bike and crashed on his own and they still let him back for his next ride to cause an accident.

Not sure if this should go on this thread or on the Speedway Betting pages...however anyone who is interested in going to the 2nd leg of the Polish play-off final on 25th September, can take advantage of some stunning flight prices... currently £31 return - Birmingham to & from Poznan with Billy Whizz Air. Gorzow, Zielona Gora Torun and Grudziadz are all well within range of Poznan...

So £31 today, or somewhere in the area of £100 nearer to the date....a bit of a gamble. Who are the brave?

You dont get it, do you? It doesnt matter if it was his decision or not, their doctor should have said he is unfit and refuse to let him ride. Everyone saw he is unfit when he couldnt hold onto his bike and crashed on his own and they still let him back for his next ride to cause an accident.

Happens often.Didn't Nicki complain a season or 2 ago that he was being forced to ride for his team when he was unfit?

• Like 1

I read an article on Sportowe Fakty recently which seemed to suggest that riders were fined by their Polish clubs if they were unfit to ride. Now I hadn't mentioned it in here before because I read it via Google Translate and there was obviously a real risk of mistranslation.

Going further back I'm pretty sure it was suggested that Adrian Miedzinski had been fined by his Polish club for getting injured in last season's opening meeting for Swindon.

Can one of the genuine Polish fans on here (i.e. not the Falubaz troll) please reassure me that this isn't the case please? If however it is true it would explain why riders have ridden over there when clearly unfit to do so and has been pointed out in earlier posts inflicting injury on other riders in the course of obeying their masters.

No chance with the people in charge at the F.I,M . Making the sport more environmentally friendly has been a bigger priority than making it safer .

I read an article on Sportowe Fakty recently which seemed to suggest that riders were fined by their Polish clubs if they were unfit to ride. Now I hadn't mentioned it in here before because I read it via Google Translate and there was obviously a real risk of mistranslation.

Going further back I'm pretty sure it was suggested that Adrian Miedzinski had been fined by his Polish club for getting injured in last season's opening meeting for Swindon.

Can one of the genuine Polish fans on here (i.e. not the Falubaz troll) please reassure me that this isn't the case please? If however it is true it would explain why riders have ridden over there when clearly unfit to do so and has been pointed out in earlier posts inflicting injury on other riders in the course of obeying their masters.

Joonas Kylmäkorpi has hinted the same in an interview...
  • Like 1

Can you send me a link to this article.

Sadly it was quite some time ago. I've had a look through their archive but can't see it. I realise I should have asked for your help at the time. There is a significant chance of misinterpretation. If I see anything similar I will take up your offer if I may.

Regarding the Miedzinski situation at Swindon I have found a newspaper article which suggests a possibility of Polish clubs imposing such fines. Paragraph 6 refers.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/12955733.SPEEDWAY_UPDATE__Will_Swindon_benefit_from_the_potential_musical_chairs_in_Elite_League_/

I'll keep monitoring.

What I tnink the Polish clubs try and do is to withhold some of the signing on fee(or season fee) by saying that the rider was injured for a % of the matches-so we will pay less that %. this has cropped up in some of the outstanding monies cases details of which were leaked. the polish clubs also try not to pay when they sign an X point rider who then only scores Y. they say he hasn`t done his job so we ain`t paying !!!!!

Just 1 TV match next Sunday 12th june- its a postponed round 1 match Rybnik v Torun programme starts at 1.30pm uk time 1st race 2pm

one other catch up match next Sunday( round 3 ) Tarnow v Gorzow

Teams in Rybnik v Torun match http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/60623
  • Like 1

Just 1 TV match next Sunday 12th june- its a postponed round 1 match Rybnik v Torun programme starts at 1.30pm uk time 1st race 2pm

one other catch up match next Sunday( round 3 ) Tarnow v Gorzow

links for streams

http://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport- cannot get onto it today-they might have a website problem

Edited by racers and royals