British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Pirates Vs Roobins, Ela, 25 Mar 2016, 12 Noon

I'll have you know tiddleywinks is a very serious game

Although I will have you know it's illegal to play with ya tiddlywink in public.:t:

Who mentioned Lakeside. ...

You did. You said "that tells you the state of the rest." Lakeside are one of the rest.

that's garbage talk..... buzz has had some cracking meetings at lakeside if he rode it regular he'd be top notch

22000 doesn't sound very cracking to me.

stop talking out your backside you pillock! Why in gods name would Lakeside or Wolves go for him??? Leicester and other clubs simply sont have the finances available to afford the riders that Poole can which has been the case for years right back to when Rickardsson was offered a fortune to replace Mark Loram. Yes Matt Ford is good at business but get your head out of the arse of your club and realise there are other teams, I'm sure you won't be happy until there is just 1 club left who own every rider. Most Poole fans on here we can take. You are an imbecile

Rickardsson was only signed because Loram wanted a kings ransom to sign. It was said at the time Rickardsson was cheaper than Loram

Rickardsson was only signed because Loram wanted a kings ransom to sign. It was said at the time Rickardsson was cheaper than Loram

Mark sadly priced himself out and Matt had no choice but to replace him. At the time it was a shame, but you are right...

Like others I made Poole pre season favourites to win this seasons Elite league. I will go as far to say they have a good chance of going through the whole season unbeaten, home and away.

The speedway 'invincibles'

Oh now you tell me. I've been tiddling and winking all night

In private I hope :wink:

Like others I made Poole pre season favourites to win this seasons Elite league. I will go as far to say they have a good chance of going through the whole season unbeaten, home and away.

The speedway 'invincibles'

Yes and how boring it is, unless you are a Poole fan of course, but I suppose their supporters will be happy watching visiting teams struggle to get over 30 points. Personally I prefer a bit of excitement and not a foregone conclusion. For instance tonight's match at Coventry when it was 36-36 after 12 races so the result could go either way. In the end a couple of 4-2's and a 5-1 saw the Bees come out on top after some cracking racing.

• Like 3

Looks like it will cost Poole a good few quid in points money this year..

Luckily they have the fan levels to support it..

Be interesting to see though if that is still the case after a couple of months of '60-30's every week, which could easily happen given the level of many of the other teams...

Not having a go at Poole by the way, they have put a team together that is within the same limit every team worked to.

However I would suggest that it will soon be pretty evident that their 'real level' is well ahead of the 'theoretical level' that someone came up with using I presume some kind of calculus for team building purposes...

The problem the sport has is that this 'theoretical level' number will be used all year for teams to 'strengthen up' even though a team can be miles in front of this number.

Ultimately meaning hardly any real strengthening takes place at all, as it's more 'tweaking with cosmetic changes' rather than "with this team we can win the league changes" that many teams often find they need to keep an increasingly disenchanted fanbase turning up weekly..

Maybe finances, and/or rider apathy to riding over here, may dictate that teams can never turn their season around, but the system should exist to allow a team to improve up to the level of 'the best' if they could..

That could only make for a more competitive league surely?

Reading the many 'from the gate', 'pirates gated in front' comments, and the massive margin of victory, I wonder how many of the as quoted 'huge crowd' will be enticed back the next time Swindon are in town?

Especially when they have been, by then, potentially not the only ones to turn up and offer meagre resistance...?

Edited by mikebv

Mark sadly priced himself out and Matt had no choice but to replace him. At the time it was a shame, but you are right...

foreverblue you know more about Poole speedway than me by a country mile and we all know Starman knows nothing. As I've said before I know the Loram family and his old mechanic Jorge is also a good friend of the family. My uncle used to sponsor Mark at Hackney at Ipswich and a bit at Kings Lynn. We have his race jacket from his epic British Final win in the run off versus Louis. Also Mark came to both my aunty and uncles funerals. Matt Ford is a businessman and a very good one. He pays his riders what he wishes. I can 100% tell you that Mark asked for more money (or should I say Norrie did) and Poole refused to pay it. Mark then wouldn't sign so Poole went and got Tony. I can also tell you that they paid Rickardsson more than what Mark was asking for that is a fact. As I say Foreverblue you know more about Poole speedway than I could ever wish to know but with things to do with Mark I am in the know. The line was that Tony rode for less than Mark wanted. He didn't.
  • Like 1

Perhaps just perhaps having the owners of Andersen and Buzz's contracts helped a wee bit in making sure those two ended up at Poole...makes you wonder really if anyone else did have any chance whatsoever to sigh either of them?

And another thing having Buzz classed down as a second string may have just helped Poole this year also....we all know he's far more than a 6 point rider despite his false average

• Like 1

foreverblue you know more about Poole speedway than me by a country mile and we all know Starman knows nothing. As I've said before I know the Loram family and his old mechanic Jorge is also a good friend of the family. My uncle used to sponsor Mark at Hackney at Ipswich and a bit at Kings Lynn. We have his race jacket from his epic British Final win in the run off versus Louis. Also Mark came to both my aunty and uncles funerals. Matt Ford is a businessman and a very good one. He pays his riders what he wishes. I can 100% tell you that Mark asked for more money (or should I say Norrie did) and Poole refused to pay it. Mark then wouldn't sign so Poole went and got Tony. I can also tell you that they paid Rickardsson more than what Mark was asking for that is a fact. As I say Foreverblue you know more about Poole speedway than I could ever wish to know but with things to do with Mark I am in the know. The line was that Tony rode for less than Mark wanted. He didn't.

There is no way in hell Loram was more expensive than Rickardsson, only a fool would suggest he was. Reigning champ or not.

Rickardsson was the better league rider and worth more money. Loram cant of been that expensive as he ended up at Pboro that season did he not?

Swindon need to try and tempt shamek pawlicki in to replace one of the second strings, probably tungate. If he fits. Crying out for a second HL. The team will, imo, be figting with leicester for the bottom spot otherwise.

Can Kildemand not be tempted back?

A marriage made in heaven eh ........ the rest of the BEL will just have to keep trying to match up to the might of Poole :P