British Speedway Forum

While I won't defend our club for saturday night I have a few gripes with busters statement.

1, I assume he will now be consistent and investigate when sky force riders to ride in dangerous conditions to get to heat 10

2, if and a big if it was a huge success Saturday I bet they wouldn't have distanced themselves away from belle vue and would have take part of the credits

In the same way that if it had been a great success Gordon and Morton would have taken all the plaudits.

When it went sour its all the contractors fault. Not surprisingly this is Warsaw all over again,everyone else's fault no one with the guts to stand up and except blame.In the case of Warsaw BSI and National Speedway Stadium the Belle Vue promoters.

• Like 2

In the same way that if it had been a great success Gordon and Morton would have taken all the plaudits.

When it went sour its all the contractors fault. Not surprisingly this is Warsaw all over again,everyone else's fault no one with the guts to stand up and except blame.In the case of Warsaw BSI and National Speedway Stadium the Belle Vue promoters.

Quite right. It wasn't the contractors that decided to plod on with the meeting, when track problems were known. It should have been called off on Wednesday.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

At least no one can query Busters claim that British speedway as a whole will be effected by Saturdays Belle Vue fiasco- club gone bust today !!!!

British speedway as a whole as been effected for many years by the incompetence of the very association that Chapman is chairman of.

• Like 1

At least no one can query Busters claim that British speedway as a whole will be effected by Saturdays Belle Vue fiasco- club gone bust today !!!!

But Bomber said he had many more fans at his testimonial than he expected...

Maybe that was down to the publicity from Saturday night??!!!!

Or more than likely, my suggestion is total and utter Bollox with zero basis in fact..

A bit like a certain statement made recently....

Edited by mikebv

But Bomber said he had many more fans at his testimonial than he expected...

Maybe that was down to the publicity from Saturday night??!!!!

Or maybe my suggestion is Bollox..

( but then again, I dont run a supposed professional sport and put my opinion out as an official statement)

You're quite right you're suggestion is bollox. Bomber was guaranteed a great crowd whatever.

• Like 2

You're quite right you're suggestion is bollox. Bomber was guaranteed a great crowd whatever.

Yet he got more than he expected..

So if the BSPA believe that the events of Saturday could negatively impact the sport in general (with zero evidence to support that subjective opinion)....

Then Bombers better than expected crowd can back up my subjective opinion that Saturday helped him....

Both are as equally unquantifiable, however the BSPA made their comment when announcing an official inquiry...

Which given the statement can now surely no longer take place as any subjective opinion can be seen, by definition, to be prejudicial..

I am sure the Aces will have a legal team reviewing it accordingly..

Edited by mikebv

Yet he got more than he expected..

So if the BSPA believe that the events of Saturday could negatively impact the sport in general (with zero evidence to support that subjective opinion)....

Then Bombers better than expected crowd can back up my subjective opinion that Saturday helped him....

Both are as equally unquantifiable, however the BSPA made their comment when announcing an official inquiry...

Which given the statement can now surely no longer take place as any subjective opinion can be seen, by definition, to be prejudicial..

I am sure the Aces will have a legal team reviewing it accordingly..

I'll go with Pirate Nick and more bollox. :cry:

• Like 1

I'll go with Pirate Nick and more bollox. :cry:

Totally over the top reaction - hypocrite.

Totally over the top reaction - hypocrite.

How original.

How original.

I save originality for those able to understand and appreciate it. Instead in this cased I used crude irony since it seemed best-suited for the recipient. On the other thread I put forward a reasoned case for a more considered and thoughtful approach to the Belle Vue farce. Your 'original' contribution was to dismiss my effort as an over-reaction. Someone here puts forward an argument and you dismiss it with the original spelling of 'bollocks' as 'bollox', which I concede is both witty and highly original. Oh how I laughed when I saw that.. I consider that something of an overstatement though, hence my use of the term 'hypocrite'.

Since that is insufficiently original for you I have decided to use an online Thesaurus. No, that's not the big monster that used to wade up the proto-Tyne millennia ago. It's a useful source for writers of alternatives to words. In this case the online version has produced a very useful plethora:

I trust that this sufficiently original. Now, about the Belle Vue fiasco....or do we have to continue dealing with your ego?

You clearly do a lot of good work at Brough Park. What a pity you stain that here.

Edited by rmc

I save originality for those able to understand and appreciate it. Instead in this cased I used crude irony since it seemed best-suited for the recipient. On the other thread I put forward a reasoned case for a more considered and thoughtful approach to the Belle Vue farce. Your 'original' contribution was to dismiss my effort as an over-reaction. Someone here puts forward an argument and you dismiss it with the original spelling of 'bollocks' as 'bollox', which I concede is both witty and highly original. Oh how I laughed when I saw that.. I consider that something of an overstatement though, hence my use of the term 'hypocrite'.

Since that is insufficiently original for you I have decided to use an online Thesaurus. No, that's not the big monster that used to wade up the proto-Tyne millennia ago. It's a useful source for writers of alternatives to words. In this case the online version has produced a very useful plethora:

I trust that this sufficiently original. Now, about the Belle Vue fiasco....or do we have to continue dealing with your ego?

You clearly do a lot of good work at Brough Park. What a pity you stain that here.

No family tragedy to draw upon in your post this time Rob ?

You're a disgrace.

It's a great pity that you stain the Bsf with your bile.

Tsunami is no fan of me so i'm not jumping in to support a friend, but is he a hypocrite ? Na....

• Like 4

You know months in advance when the meeting will take place so surely on a new track and such a big event, you pay some riders to come down weeks before and have a spin on the track.

Get real, learn, move on, be supportive to a member club which has done all this work. Unless there is something they are not telling us about the build up to the meeting?

Unfortunately, whilst speedway fans continually apologise for the incompetent organisation of the sport, nothing will ever improve. Getting the 'National Stadium' built was a great accomplishment, one that bucks the trend of running the sport in increasingly dilapidated stadiums, and one that might conceivably have persuaded a new generation of fans (at least in the region) to come and watch.

Instead there's yet another organisational fiasco at a high profile speedway event, and yet another nail driven into the coffin of the sport. Many of those who turned out will not be impressed and will likely never attend another speedway event again - and who can blame them? In this day-and-age with the cost and hassle of getting anywhere, combined with alternative and cheaper forms of entertainment being available, people are simply not prepared to put up with farcical service anymore.

If the track/stadium/whatever was clearly not ready, and frankly it was likely obvious earlier in the week, then the event should have been postponed or cancelled. In this case, trying to do something was worse than doing nothing because a lot of people will now have been alienated.

More generally, given the tight timescales on the construction of the stadium, I'd have probably always planned to have opened as late as possible.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 4

im sure they'll get that track right , in a few weeks this will be just a bad memory, the track has so much potential.....

om another topic..............

where or who has all the money in speedway, ......the riders say they dont earn a lot(unless your in the top few in the world) 99% struggle with the costs of bikes , travel, etc etc

the promoters say they dont make any money infact most say they just break even or lose a little during the course of a season

although i saw a well known tuner driving round in a 35,000 merc......

• Like 1