Berwick Bandits : 43
1. Thomas Jorgensen -- R/R (KD-2', AM-0, SA-1', LC-1) = 4+2
2. Theo Pijper -- 3 3 3 2 = 11
3. Kevin Doolan -- 2' 3 3 2 2 2 = 14+1
4. Anders Mellgren -- 1 0 0 0 1 = 2
5. Sebastian Alden -- 2 1 3 1' R 0 = 7+1
6. Matthew Wethers -- 1 0 0 1' = 2+1
7. Liam Carr -- 3 1' 2' 1 0 = 7+2

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15275/redcar-berwick-thu-mar-30pm#ixzz43rF2IqZt

Looks like a decent meeting to start the season off for both teams.

6 points up after heat 12 and lose by 4. Isn't that just typical Berwick?

Couldn't Pijper race in heat 15?

Edited by Shads

Glad to see Carr doing well.

Fully agree, IMO Carr is the stand out scorer for Berwick. I know he has invested in new equipment, and has worked hard on and gained vital sponsorship for this season.

Isn't that typical of early season challengers meetings.

no job or win for colon

I'd get to a doctor and get that colon looked at if I were you

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

colon , is that not some part of the human body ?

there are plenty of jobs in jeopardy .

Edited by jenga

Not the most entertaining meeting you will ever see, but delighted to see a Bears win. Was steady drizzle from about 7:15 until around heat 4, which made the track a bit tricky I thought.

For the Bandits, thoroughly impressed with young Liam Carr. Gated very well and looked comfortable out in front. Doolan was excellent too and as quick as I have seen him, and Pijper had his usual meeting at the MPA! Alden was just as i remembered, excellent if gated but not impressive otherwise.

Highlight for the Bears was obviously Bellego. Quick all night, and rode some very hard first bends. Made probably the only genuine overtake of the night to pass Alden in heat 4 too. Superb signing if he can keep that standard. Bjerre came back from his injury very well, and would have been another 3 points if he had not retired in heat 1 whilst comfortably leading. Positive signs from pretty much the whole side, Bukhave would have had a win if not for panicking on the fourth lap whilst I thought Nielsen was very solid. Good nights work against what is a very decent Berwick side.

• Like 1

Great to see Liam off to a good start. This could be a big season for him.

Looks to have been a decent meeting.

Roll on Saturday!

• Like 1

Very well done David Bellego, think Sheffield dropped a big one letting you go

By sounds of it and comments on Berwick facebook, Pijper far from well so it seems he did ok? Also Mellgren and Alden struggling with some sort of knocks? So I imagine Berwick simply ran out of steam. Also a fit and racing Jorgensen would have got double figures as per usual at Redcar.

• Like 3

A 4pt defeat, without arguably your best rider, isn't such a bad performance especially for the first meeting of the season. Positives for both teams to take into Saturday`s second leg, where hopefully Jorgensen will be back in the Berwick team.

A 4pt defeat, without arguably your best rider, isn't such a bad performance especially for the first meeting of the season. Positives for both teams to take into Saturday`s second leg, where hopefully Jorgensen will be back in the Berwick team.

Early day yet and anything can happen, but teams who billed as a solid 1 to 5 should be able to cover Rider Replacement for their number 1 if they so chose to do so.

Early day yet and anything can happen, but teams who billed as a solid 1 to 5 should be able to cover Rider Replacement for their number 1 if they so chose to do so.

Normally yes, but last night Pijper took ill during the meeting, otherwise he would have have covered heat 13, Alden picked up an injury during the meeting, which may have restricted his performance and Mellgren went into the meeting not fully fit so same applies. But top and bottom of it, this was a pre-season friendly, so more important to get match fitness and equipment ready for the proper stuff.

• Like 1

pijper still scored 11 points ill or not. the best reserve in the league didnt turn up.but liam carr did ... anders should have been ready for the season starter. not a good result berwick. maybe saturday, maybe not . stop making excuses for the defeat and look forward to the next one, defeat i mean ..

crack on and enjoy the sport while you can. its speedway , live wid it .

that billego chap looked quite on the score chart ...