British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

The match isn't running to suit. It is in the fixture list for Friday, Belle Vue are going to make a decision tomorrow. Most of us are used to having to wait to see what the weather is on the day of the match before deciding whether to travel.

I think I'd be more concerned at the moment about the misinformation from other clubs. If the match does go ahead then that could have a significant affect on the attendance. I'm sure the SCB are setting up the investigation.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Here's something interesting regarding this good Friday meeting and a CLOSED PRACTICE SESSION TOMORROW...........

Light rain all day from 10am

Mostly correct as heavy rain due between 3 and 4pm.

A days notice is plenty of time, what about rain offs? ? If you dont want to wait then simply don't go and arrange your Friday.

• Like 2

Are the Aces management really saying that a practise session will take place on Thursday and if OK will still run the match on Friday??

I mean, do they really think it's fair to other team and fans to expect such leniency with matches running to suit? ??

By all means have a rigorous testing on Thursday. It most certainly needs it.

But why should Wolves and their fans be expected to wait on this being successful.

No lessons appear to have been learned.

There is no way the Aces should be allowed to run a day before a match is due to take place. You are either ready or you ain't.

Wolves have every right to expect news within a suitable time frame. 48 hrs before? A push. 24 hrs a possibility ?? No way.

I can't wait to visit the new place but have no intention of having my bank holiday ruined by incompetencies in Manchester.

Surely any meeting scheduled is 'on' right up till 'tapes up time' unless called off previously?

If the weather was poor leading up to an event, and a track was unfit, as a fan you would expect the club to try everything within their power to get the match on with track work taking place right up to start time (seen it loads of times)..

Therefore as the track is unfit at BV, the management team are doing everything they can to correct it and get it fit for racing...

Just the same as any other track would....

(Subject I presume to permission from Cradley, Edinburgh and Wolves being granted)....

• Like 2

Surely any meeting scheduled is 'on' right up till 'tapes up time' unless called off previously?

If the weather was poor leading up to an event, and a track was unfit, as a fan you would expect the club to try everything within their power to get the match on with track work taking place right up to start time (seen it loads of times)..

Therefore as the track is unfit at BV, the management team are doing everything they can to correct it and get it fit for racing...

Just the same as any other track would....

(Subject I presume to permission from Cradley, Edinburgh and Wolves being granted)....

Correct. No wolves or belle vue fan is being forced into waiting, if you dont want to then simply change your plans now and dont go.

• Like 1

That fact that that match has not yet been called off is good news. Why do people seem so keen to see it called off? If it is postponed tomorrow, that is far more notice than for most postponements.

• Like 1

Are the Aces management really saying that a practise session will take place on Thursday and if OK will still run the match on Friday??

I mean, do they really think it's fair to other team and fans to expect such leniency with matches running to suit? ??

By all means have a rigorous testing on Thursday. It most certainly needs it.

But why should Wolves and their fans be expected to wait on this being successful.

No lessons appear to have been learned.

There is no way the Aces should be allowed to run a day before a match is due to take place. You are either ready or you ain't.

Wolves have every right to expect news within a suitable time frame. 48 hrs before? A push. 24 hrs a possibility ?? No way.

I can't wait to visit the new place but have no intention of having my bank holiday ruined by incompetencies in Manchester.

You do talk a load of tosh ! everybody knows any meeting can be called off right upto starting time and Wolves are no exception...get real. Edited by dornier

The last thing turns 3 & 4 needs now is any sort of precipitation falling on it, if it was me, and its not, I would try and protect the reinstated areas of the track with covers if possible...

Edited by Shale Searcher

The last thing turns 3 & 4 needs now is any sort of precipitation falling on it, if it was me, and its not, I would try and protect the reinstated areas of the track with covers if possible...

Hve they track covers?

Am I the only one interpreting CVS remarks in the express and star as suggesting that Wolves may refuse to ride on Friday if Belle Vue can get the track sorted?

"We won't be going on Friday" is the comment in the report.

Edited by mb1990

That fact that that match has not yet been called off is good news. Why do people seem so keen to see it called off? If it is postponed tomorrow, that is far more notice than for most postponements.

Most people are apprehensive after last Saturday, nobody wants to be the first opponents or so it seems!

APPARENTLY track curator Colin Meredith is happy with the track now and that a full practice will be held tomorrow and he is confident it will be okay for Friday.

• Like 1

G

APPARENTLY track curator Colin Meredith is happy with the track now and that a full practice will be held tomorrow and he is confident it will be okay for Friday.

Great news phil. If we can just get this meeting on successfully then we can all move on.

Am I the only one interpreting CVS remarks in the express and star as suggesting that Wolves may refuse to ride on Friday if Belle Vue can get the track sorted?

"We won't be going on Friday" is the comment in the report.