British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Plymouth Remain Open!

Not sure what the possibility of riders, officials and any other person who takes a wage from the club accepting a reduction in order to get the teams to the tapes this year?

Such sad news.

Hope that, one way or another, that Plymouth Speedway can be saved.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

It's ok. Riders "do it for the fans" so I'm sure the Plymouth riders will turn up and ride for nothing, or at least expenses for a few weeks.

I am absolutely gutted. I feel so sorry for our 7 riders. Just don't know what to say. Gobsmacked!!!!

Terribly sad news, enjoyed my two visits to Plymouth in better times. I hope someone can take it on but very much doubt that it will happen.

Says it all that a decent field only attracted 450 people to the opening meeting in such a big city.

This adds to the GP disasters in Warsaw, Riga, Gothenburg and Gelsenkirchen and of course the tragedy of the National Stadium opening.

Sorry to hear this and I have asked for friday matches thread to be taken down out of respect. You are more than welcome at the Rebels.

A bit of an overreaction, why close the tread out of respect? Respect of what? no one has died. Hope something can be done to save them.

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear this. Have heard good things about the Plymouth track and I hope they can be revived soon.

With the Belle Vue fiasco and now this, i ts a nightmare start to the season.

Feel sorry for the riders primarily, Kurtz & Holder especially since they don't have a second team to fall back on after travelling to the other side of the world...

Hoping all can be resolved!

Edited by MonarchsMitchy
  • Like 4

they have clearly stated they need 700 fans per week to pay the bills, they get 450 at the best so why not either pay what they can afford or go in the NL, announcing they would run in PL is a disgrace by everyone who is involved in running the club, they have promised 7 riders a job and only a couple have EL teams so 5 riders are now with out a job through their selfishness and bad business management.

Such a sad week for British Speedway, first the fiasco at Belle Vue now Plymouth, certain clubs are run by idiots who just think Speedway is a play thing they don't think about riders and fans and everyone who is going to affected.

Very sad news Plymouth has gone lets hope someone will take them over and keep them running.

• Like 4

This is sad news for the sport. Feel sorry for the riders and supporters.

Terrible news for the whole of the UK Speedway fraternity. I really hope the management and fans manage to pull something out of the hat to get things moving again.

Dreadful news for Speedway in what has not been a good week for the sport, why on earth did Plymouth start the season if things were that bad?

I mostly feel sorry for the fans that now don't have a club and the ones that have put money in in the past and present ones that have bought season tickets. Yes it's a shame on the riders also, but they will probably end up with another team to race for but the fans may never see another speedway club.

Solution: transfer the riders to Birmingham how many times have Tony Mole come to the rescue of a club that has closed, I bet the BSPA have been on the phone to him already

Terrible news, have been to Plymouth a few times over the years and enjoyed our visit last season for the Edinburgh meeting.

The kids enjoyed the bouncy castle and I enjoyed standing so close to the 2nd bend exit that I got covered in shale!

Sincerely hope that something can be done to keep the club alive

• Like 1