British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Sheffield Tigers ( L C) - Easter Sunday, March 27th (3pm)

If you check the 2016 regs against the 2015 version it's even more clear that it's been changed this year to include all of the PLC and not just the SF,s and Final.

Unfortunately as has been explained to me several times the sections 16, 17 and 18 are under BSPA Control and not the SCB.

I never knew that!

Informative, but I wish it weren't true.

Does anyone have a time for Heat 10 yesterday?

Thanks very much.

All the best

Rob

I'm not sure it was announced, but the speakers on the first bend were pretty useless for a lot of the meeting.

Edit: I've been reliably informed it was 62.93

Edited by Tigerite

Brilliant win for the tigers great team effort.Well done to all of them.Hope steady wiil be back Thursday and we get a decent guest for Jason.

I'm not sure it was announced, but the speakers on the first bend were pretty useless for a lot of the meeting.

Edit: I've been reliably informed it was 62.93

Afraid, on this occasion your informers weren't that reliable... Ht10 time was 64.82

Afraid, on this occasion your informers weren't that reliable... Ht10 time was 64.82

Cheers - thanks very much.

Thanks also to Tigerite for answering, even though his time wasn't correct.

All the best

Rob

Seems my source wasn't the only one who was wrong: http://www.sheffield-tigers.co.uk/sculc27032016.html

Was Auty really 1.7 seconds slower than Lasse Bjerre in the next heat

Tigerite... a number of those times are wrong. Maybe the person didn't quite catch Grahams announcements, he was battling with the mike all afternoon.

Yes, Lasse Bjerre was that much faster. The track dramatically dried and produced faster times from heat 10 onwards. Infact heat 15 was a full 4 seconds faster than Lasse's win in heat 11.

For the benefit of those whom didn't get the race times... and those who's lives depend on them... lol.

1. 60.88

2. 63.00

3. 63.57

4. 63.88

5. 64.13

6. 64.69

7. 65.06

8. 62.44

9. 64.00

10. 64.82

11. 63.19

12. 62.01

13. 60.38

14. 60.07

15. 59.18

• Like 2

Tigerite... a number of those times are wrong. Maybe the person didn't quite catch Grahams announcements, he was battling with the mike all afternoon.

Yes, Lasse Bjerre was that much faster. The track dramatically dried and produced faster times from heat 10 onwards. Infact heat 15 was a full 4 seconds faster than Lasse's win in heat 11.

For the benefit of those whom didn't get the race times... and those who's lives depend on them... lol.

1. 60.88

2. 63.00

3. 63.57

4. 63.88

5. 64.13

6. 64.69

7. 65.06

8. 62.44

9. 64.00

10. 64.82

11. 63.19

12. 62.01

13. 60.38

14. 60.07

15. 59.18

Agree with the fact that the speakers were pretty useless most of the meeting on the first bend and was hard to make out what was being said. Thanks for the correct racetimes.

• Like 1

That would be Lucifer Sam then :D

That would be Lucifer Sam then :D

Doesn't bother me personally. But publications and websites need 'em. :wink:

All the best

Rob

The Rule on theTR couldn't be any clearer. It's written in exactly the same way as the rule for the KO Cup.

Well done Josh Bailey, we are following your PL rides here at Kings Lynn and a great start. I'm sure the Scunthorpe crowd have warmed to your determination and tenacity.

We shall probably bring a few fans over to some meetings this year and will see you at Peterborough away. Go Josh!

• Like 5

graham is not clear at the best of times, but Rob is! However, on sunday, even the centre green mike was playing up as talk & interviews were hard to hear. Also noticed the speaker is pointing away from the first stand towards the start line.

Could this be adressed, cheers Rob(moorwell)

• Like 1

Tactical rides allowed in the Qualification Stages.. not the finals.

Scunny were woeful today, they did improve as the track dried out but by then the damage had been done. Bad day at the office, only Auty, Douglas and Bailey deserve any real praise.

Credit to Sheffield, they attacked the conditions and thoroughly deserved their win.

Cannot concur that Scunny were "awful" Alby; at the end of a good if not great afternoons racing we managed to post 43 points against a good looking Tigers outfit. Granted it was down to Josh Auty and Ryan Douglas with 27 of the 43; but there were postives in the meeting; not least Josh Bailey who showed that he could well be the No1 Fast track rider in the PL this season.

Sheffield came up trumps with Lasse Bjerre as a guest; I was thinking he might be feeling his way around rather than looking as competitive as he did. Berge goes well at the EWR; and Bates although erratic at times; is now a contender. Then you add in the guarantees from Garrity and Howarth and you cannot afford too many slip ups before your staring down the barrel.

Unfortunately; Wilko was doing well to be out there at all after his prang v Ippo; Zeddy seems to working out the best set up; once he does he will be the rider we think he can be. Nicolai; can be hot and cold; and it was cold v Tigers; he's a class act when he's out in front and he'll want to get that consistency into his racing more than anything. We always say; he shouldn't look back when he gets in front of a rider; he does that a bit often and then he loses the advantage and can put himself under pressure.

Alex; had a off day; but he has shown time over what a valuable asset he is in the core of the team. Rarely can you rule Alex out of a race; he'll be on point at Peterborough on Friday.

Josh Auty was superb and put down his marker as the out and out No1 we need him to be and Josh Bailey put his marker down that he is more than just making up the numbers at this level. Finally Ryan; using his head and working his way on the track and finding the right line between daring do and safety to post a polished 11 points.

There was some really good racing on Sunday; you have to give credit to the Sheffield; Richard Hall love him or loathe him; is a spoiler at reserve and was in the end mostly the difference. There will be many twists and turns throughout the season; we want to see the Scorpions winning; but we also want to see great speedway racing and if it means we are going to be involved in a few hum dingers at the EWR I will take that over week in week out boring whitewashes.

We'll be ok trust me.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2