British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Stoke Nt Good Friday

BIRMINGHAM: Zach Wajtknecht R/R, Danyon Hume, Tom Bacon, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

STOKE: Ben Wilson, Chris Widman, Shaun Tedham, Danny Phillips, Tony Atkin, Lewis Millar, Ryan MacDonald.

I suspect Ben Wilson will run riot but that about it. Best vs worst reserve combos (and there are a few dodgy pairs) looks like a painful watch for Potters fans.

RR for Brum already, great start.

• Like 1

RR for Brum already, great start.

That's life at the bottom I'm afraid. Good luck to Zach though, I hope he has a good meeting at Somerset. It can only do him good.

They are trying to get people back to watch speedway and Belle Vue cannot get the track ready for two meetings and first match the best rider from Brummies is elsewhere!!!. People want to see the best riders available. Good luck on that speedway.

It wasn't that bad for a first meeting. Yes Stoke are not the strongest team in the league but, Birmingham will not lose at home this season.Stoke do have the ever youthful Tony Atkin & Ben Wilson to keep the scores closer away from loomer road.

Very encouraging to seeing lots of 'new' fans due to the bank holiday no doubt.

Stoke were a 3 man team and very weak at the bottom.

Processional racing past bend 2 tho.

... the ever youthful Tony Atkin & Ben Wilson ...

Get Jon Armstrong in the team and they would become the Dads Army of the NL.

I feel more confident about the 2016 Brummies team now than I did 12 months ago about the 2015 team. And let's not forget that Reidar Replacement, our stand-in #1 only got half of what our usual #1 would be expected to score, so it demonstrates not only some resilience within the Brummies team but also that Stoke got off lightly.

... the best rider from Brummies is elsewhere!!!. People want to see the best riders available....

This is the National League. Get used to it. It's only right that a higher league team should have first call on a rider. That way they stand to progress more quickly and earn more. It's not ideal but at least it's not as bad as when the Brummies were in the EL and had riders missing because a lower league team had first call on their services.

I feel more confident about the 2016 Brummies team now than I did 12 months ago about the 2015 team. And let's not forget that Reidar Replacement, our stand-in #1 only got half of what our usual #1 would be expected to score, so it demonstrates not only some resilience within the Brummies team but also that Stoke got off lightly.

This is the National League. Get used to it. It's only right that a higher league team should have first call on a rider. That way they stand to progress more quickly and earn more. It's not ideal but at least it's not as bad as when the Brummies were in the EL and had riders missing because a lower league team had first call on their services.

I'm not surprised as they just don't have a weak link. There was a lot said about the two Jack's at reserve (not unreasonably) but I was impressed by Hume.

Completely agree :approve: Besides, Graham Drury said in the programme that the Brummies have done everything possible to avoid fixture clashes.