British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Belle Vue Aces 31/3

Due to a recent prolonged illness, last night was my first visit to a speedway meeting this season.

As a King's Lynn fan, like you all, I want to see my team win, and if I'm honest with myself, I don't think that is going to happen to often this year.

To me though, the most important thing is that as long as we generally see a good race meeting, and there were some good races last night, even though they didn't always go in our favour,

then that's more important than watching us romp home with 5-1's all the time.

In any level of employment, everybody has their own minimum/maximum ability, and you're usually kept on in that employment in a position that suits that ability, assuming you're completely

incapable.

Likewise, when a rider is signed to represent a club, the management make their choices according to the positions available, in the full knowledge of what that rider is capable of

producing, and if that person really is incapable, then you try to replace them.

As the club have openly stated, its been a difficult winter trying to put a team together, and although I personally don't think Troy Batchelor is a good signing, I don't really see what

other alternatives were really out there, that wanted to ride in the UK.

Clubs in all sports have their good years and bad years, just look at Chelsea FC this season, but with the continued support of their fans, rather than the threatened "I'm not going to wastemy money on that", they are climbing out of the doldrums.

So come on folks, lets accept the bad times with the good, and stand united. There are so many things more important in life than the result of a sporting event, so chill out, take it for

what it is, and I'm sure you'll feel much happier within yourselves.

My only real grievance about last night, was once again how long it took to get races on. I agree with Kelvinht, as soon as one race finishes, the 2-minute buzzer should almost instantly goon for the next race, in the same way it does for British Youth Meetings, plus those involving Southern Track Riders and Dragons Club Meetings. I got so cold last night, just standing

around, that I did leave the meeting after Heat 13.

I'm sure I'm going to get bombarded with "What an idiot you are" type responses now, but hey, we're all entitled to our own opinions, and I've just stated mine. UP THE STARS.

• Like 6

......but there fans are not as good as most. Biggest bunch of pessimistic, glass-half-empty, faint-hearted, unsupportive moaners in the Elite League. Worse whingers than even Coventry or Swindon fans. Two years ago they were telling us Chapman walked on water, now we have one poor result against a strong team and they want to walk away.

Sport goes in cycles. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Belle Vue have had their share of losing in the last few years, as have Lakeside, Leicester and Wolves.

We know our place down in this little back water of civilisation. We have had years of practise of winning nothing and under achieving a this level. Most of us accept it. I don't think many Lynn fans think Buster can walk on Water, and Judging by the prices of his Burgers you can forget the loaves and Fishes Story. However what the fellow has done is buy a run down *&^% hole of a Stadium and turn it into a something a lot better.

We will leave it to the big Boys to fight it out over first and 2nd and enjoy a little mini League with the likes of Leicester and Lakeside and any other team who decides to join the have not's party.

• Like 3

I hope he has a right stinker of a season after he let us down badly last season.

seems like Joes stinker was almost the only thing that went your way!

Good luck to Jojo - hope he can get back on it.

Kings Lynn on the other hand......

• Like 1

A score line that confirms what most know, they have made a complete and utter mess of points limits and reserve grades, if score lines like this continue (most likely will) you could put forward a decent case for scrapping points limits and just letting sides do what they wish. At least if there wasn’t a points limit you could take some heart that the top sides are just built stronger through natural wealth of talent rather than rule anomalies

It must be grim for Kings Lynn basically knowing that Rose and Wilkinson aren’t going to score more than Worrall and Jacobs and the Belle Vue top 5 will always out score them but there isn’t a way to negate that by bringing in a strong reserve to compensate for the lack of top end power etc and so on.

Mimmo, I would suggest that Most Lynn fans who take the time and make the effort to post on here are dyed in the wool fans. So us guys will turn up through thin and thin. ( Cant say Rain or shine, as I don't do rain). So that's the hard core sorted. Its all those extra's (floaters) that you need to make it work (pay). Will They turn up to watch an average/poor side ? I think Not. Buster is no Mug, he knows that. Trouble with nothing out there to bring in he is really between a rock and a hard place.

The way I see it, this Year, for Lynn, will be very much about treading water. Next Year the New Chairman will have his ideas and plans firmly in place and we will see a massive shake up in Speedway. Will Buster be the new Messiah and finally be able to 'Walk on Water ( thank you El Add :D ) ? Only time will tell.

In The meantime if both teams stay fit it should be an exciting play-off between Belle Vue Aces and Poole Chokers. May the 2nd best team win. ;)

What a bunch of whingers and moaners some of you Kings Lynn fans are. Prior to last season Belle Vue had eight years of being at the bottom end of the Elite League.

As success and failure come around in cycles, perhaps it is now Belle Vue's turn to have a bit of success, a lot of fans stayed loyal to belle Vue during the bad years, so come on you King Lynn fans it isn't the end of the world just because you loose your opening home meeting.

• Like 2

What a bunch of whingers and moaners some of you Kings Lynn fans are. Prior to last season Belle Vue had eight years of being at the bottom end of the Elite League.

As success and failure come around in cycles, perhaps it is now Belle Vue's turn to have a bit of success, a lot of fans stayed loyal to belle Vue during the bad years, so come on you King Lynn fans it isn't the end of the world just because you loose your opening home meeting.

I know you think Belle Vue are the be all and end all but can I point out it was not the opening home meeting, that honour (and probably their only one this season) went to Lakeside.

I'm with Mimmo, rather see good racing than win trophies but I accept others don't agree. incidentally Lynn had decades of not winning not just a paltry eight years ;)

Edited by Star Lady

Could this be the first big test for Lynn's at AFA ?

Cant see it myself. Think an NKI led Stars will 'Donald' the Aces and leave them looking at 'Jokers' early doors. Niels will once again prove he is the 'King' of Saddlebow. With Wilko playing the role of 'Jack' The lad. Just see this one as a 'Bridge' to far for Belle Vue. :D

52-

well guess you should predict after drinking the cooking sherry lol

Huge test on paper but Belle Vue have had next to no track time so I'm expecting a heavy home win

55-37

well I guess you are feeling shocked this morning but I'm shocked u have a top rider and nothing else we have zagar and 5 other quality riders was always going be a easy 4 points for the aces

would like to say thank you to mr chapman for the condition of your track

id like to say thank you to all kings lynn riders for turning up

but most of all mr chapman thank you for all 4 points and enjoy looking up the table at the mighty aces all season

and it doesn't make BV league champions just because of an away win in March .

Back to last night the switch to Thursday nights and the loss of Kerr was so evident last night the loss of 8 or 9 points from a reserve is a massive loss for the team .

well I guess you are feeling shocked this morning but I'm shocked u have a top rider and nothing else we have zagar and 5 other quality riders was always going be a easy 4 points for the aces

would like to say thank you to mr chapman for the condition of your track

id like to say thank you to all kings lynn riders for turning up

but most of all mr chapman thank you for all 4 points and enjoy looking up the table at the mighty aces all season

Dixie, I was way off the mark. Still being a Toffee you should understand all about Under achieving this season. :D Lukaku, Stones, Barkley, Howard, Mirallas etc etc. Roberto has taken you to the heady heights of 12th, battling it out with those big boys like Bournemouth and Watford. :D

Firstly well done to The Aces on a fine result with a good all round performance.

Kings Lynn shouldn't be too dishearten by the result as people have been going on for months about the top two so was the loss a shock?

There are plenty of other teams in the league and if you beat them then you're in the play offs, something you didn't achieve last year.

The biggest thing Buster needs to address is the gate and go nature of the track. I've stopped visiting what was one of my favourite tracks as the entertainment was not good. Previously even though I knew Belle Vue would lose the racing would be good but not now. He doesn't have the dog track constraints so I don't know what's going on.

The Aces have generally had races in the team and we've been caught out at Lynn before but it looks like they worked on their gating knowing where they were to race.

With Mads and Robert in your team a race track is essential. Funny thing is you guys will probably fair better at the NSS.

• Like 1

Dixie, I was way off the mark. Still being a Toffee you should understand all about Under achieving this season. :D Lukaku, Stones, Barkley, Howard, Mirallas etc etc. Roberto has taken you to the heady heights of 12th, battling it out with those big boys like Bournemouth and Watford. :D

yep the toffees have under achieved but winning the cup will make up for it and now we have billionaire owner there good times ahead for us just like the aces lol

A good result for the Aces but I'm not going to get too excited about one early season result and if I were a Stars fan I wouldn't be too despondent.

As we all know, things can soon change in speedway. I can't believe that Schein and Lambert will be as poor all season and many teams will make changes to try to strengthen.

Back to last night the switch to Thursday nights and the loss of Kerr was so evident last night the loss of 8 or 9 points from a reserve is a massive loss for the team .

I did not say anything about Belle Vue being league champions because of one away win, I used the words perhaps they might have a bit of success. I have no illusions that Belle Vue will even finish second in this years league table, a lot of changes will be made by other teams before that end.

I agree with one thing said that the reserve picks this year were a complete mess, if you end up with a duff reserve it is virtually impossible to improve that position afterwards.

• Like 1

Woodenspoon never mentioned Belle vue winning the league as his name sugests we have finished bottom of the league a few times in the last few years.So success to me and i would think other belle vue fans is winning a good few meetings away from home which hopefully helps us to get into the play offs and then see what happens.

As i read it(after reading a few posts on here) his post was mainly about trying to encourage Lynn fans to stick by there team through what may be a hard season.(and i did say may)

The way i looked at things through our bad patch was that if myself and other fans keep going that puts money into the club which helps to keep it going and i would think helps them to sign the riders they want and not the only riders they can afford for us to have a better team for next season.

If large numbers stay away because of a bad season the only thing that will get you is that perhaps they wont have the money to sign better riders for next season and in the long run it could lead to no speedway team to support.

• Like 1