British Speedway Forum
SCB

No Woffinden....

I personally am glad he's not riding in it as think it should only be Brits who ride in the British league that should be in the British Final.

Tai wouldn't have won it last year if not for a rerun. I'm not a fan of Woffy's and don't support him in SGP even if he is British. Yes he may be a very good rider but he has a huge ego (must be the Aussie in him)

As for the Team GB captain, If I was Rosco I would have gave it to Harris. 100% commited to British speedway

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 6

Although that is a good reflection of the 'unthinking reactionaries' the bit about Bomber is perfectly true.

Agree, (only used Bomber as an example as he is held up by many as THE rider who gives his all for his country)..

However that is maybe part of why the two riders have had the careers they have had?

Tai is first and foremost out for himself and in an individual sport, nothing wrong with that at all..

Bomber always comes across as a 'great guy' who has time for everyone and seems to worry what fans think of him eg last week getting on the mike at BV. Again nothing wrong with that approach in any way..

But maybe that lack of cold eyed, clinical, almost ruthless focus has held him back?

(Well, that and his gating obviously)!

Anyhow, back to the "Tai is a disgrace" thread...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

As GB captain doing the British Final is the least he could do. At least have a little bit of commitment to the cause!

• Like 1

Will burn himself out? How on earth can he manage the World Cup then?

Exactly. Doesn't want to over do it does he. British Final would have been chance to get used to the track before the SWC.

The main reason Tai picked Britian to ride for and not Australia is because at the time he wouldn't have got in to the Aussie team as they had so many riders better than him at that moment. Team GB didn't.

• Like 2

He's an arrogant little git isn't he. Stating he will be captaining Team GB. Didn't think the team had been selected yet!

As Rosco has already stated that any rider who doesn't do the training camp next year wont be picked maybe he'll grow some balls and say if you don't do the British Final you don't ride for Team GB. He wont but he should IMHO.

He has no choice to pick him. The SWC is sponsored by Monster - Tai's big backers

• Like 1

He has no choice to pick him. The SWC is sponsored by Monster - Tai's big backers

And? What will happen if he doesnt pick him?

Time to start clamping down.

• Like 5

Exactly. Doesn't want to over do it does he. British Final would have been chance to get used to the track before the SWC.

The main reason Tai picked Britian to ride for and not Australia is because at the time he wouldn't have got in to the Aussie team as they had so many riders better than him at that moment. Team GB didn't.

How does he qualify for the Australian side? He was born in Britain to British parents. He can't just choose to become an Australian because he lived there as a child.

Personally, my guess would be that this isn't really about 'burn out' and he is saying that as an excuse.

My guess is that he wanted decent money, what with being World Champion and everything, but they wouldn't agree to it.

Just a guess though. Also, let's not forget the frustrations of Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson with British authorities.

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye. I bet he was trying to work out a good deal to perform in a meeting that seems to mean very little these days, and none was forthcoming.

• Like 5

So you are suggesting that next Denmark wont be allowed to pick Nicki Pedersen! Sponsors should have no input into how a sport is run. Hopefully Rosco will grow some balls and the new BSPA chairman will back him.

While its disappointing to see Tai not compete this year, could a possible reason be the fact that the two semi finals take place on the 13th and 15th May while the GP is in Warsaw on the 14th and the final is two days after the GP in Horsens.

• Like 4

How does he qualify for the Australian side? He was born in Britain to British parents. He can't just choose to become an Australian because he lived there as a child.

Personally, my guess would be that this isn't really about 'burn out' and he is saying that as an excuse.

Crump is British as born in the uk but still represented Australia

Mike bv why don't you make up some classics for the people who stick up for Tai ?

Edited by orion

While its disappointing to see Tai not compete this year, could a possible reason be the fact that the two semi finals take place on the 13th and 15th May while the GP is in Warsaw on the 14th and the final is two days after the GP in Horsens.

I'd say the semi-finals straddling the Warsaw GP ( with Poland v Rest of the World scheduled for the 15th) are more than a possible reason, I'd say they were THE reason. Will be interesting to see if Tai rides in the the latter meeting.
  • Like 5

Crump is British as born in the uk but still represented Australia

Because he had Australian parents. Tai doesn't.

• Like 2