British Speedway Forum

They say that fortune favours the brave well Danny King certainly proved that - stunning final ride that was worthy of any final, he knew exactly what he wanted to do and he just went for it - completely out thought Cook who was a lot of people's favourite on the night. I hope those Coventry fans who've berated King this season will eat a bit of humble pie now as I believe his EL scores have picked up as well.

My first visit to the stadium; the track is fantastic with a great shape, plenty of room and obviously the drainage is excellent too. Much credit to the Belle Vue track staff and also the much maligned contractors who constructed the track - they obviously got it right in the end.

The stadium itself I have a few issues with;

• why, if you're building a permanent structure do you only provide toilets in portakabins? (I refer to the south terrace)
  • the south terrace has a temporary feel about it being of a prefabricated structure. I know its a cost thing but concrete terracing is far more durable and will last a lot longer
  • again on the south stand; the PA system is poor - myself and those around me struggled to hear what was being said. As somebody suggested next to me placing some speakers on the centre green would sort that out;
  • as others have said the catering outlets are disappointing; usual burger and chips fayre - people want different food these days. It can't be that difficult to bring in a choice of caterers especially if you want to attract younger fans.
Overall though I think its a great facility and a big step forward for the sport in this country.

As others have said I think the poor weather and a Monday night coupled with the traffic issues in Manchester last night had an impact on the attendance.

I very much look forward to my next visit to the stadium.

Everything on the south terrace is temporary as they ran out of time, permanent toilets and catering facilities will be built during the winter.

The sound system is an ongoing problem, the company that installed the speakers musn't have had a clue as they are too low down and too spread apart, if you are stood near a speaker it's fine but if you are inbetween you can't hear anything. The speakers should have been mounted on the roof pointing down.

Well done to Danny King. Another Ipswich British Champ!

Couldn't see much wrong with the wet track. Only thing is if at the swc the track is slick how will that effect the Brits and the racing?

Well done Danny King on a superb win, well deserved.

Would the British world champion had beating King in the best of British meeting last night ?

Are you suggesting our awesome world champ wouldn't have the speed and know how to ride that track?

Like most of your posts -irrelevant.

Tai wasn't there so stop trolling.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Danny King on a determined and deserved win and week done to Cook, Lambert and Steve Worrall on getting to the final.

That was the poorest racing I have seen at the new stadium but some of the best, if not the best I have seen at any track after days of rain including, heavy rain on the day, drizzle during much of the meeting and heavier rain towards the end. These days many tracks would have had to cancel the meeting and if it had gone ahead at others it would have been a mud bath with riders struggling to get round and more than a few falls. What we got was a track where riders could race and some decent races, although passing was more difficult than usual because of the affect of being hit by wet, heavy shale.

Overall, I enjoyed it because of the determination of the riders, the closeness of the individual scores throughout the meeting and the performances from Lambert, Steve Worrall and Starke, the latter two showing the benefits of the EDR system.

The crowd was poor but the result of fans seeing too many matches called off after only moderate rain and even on the basis of future weather forecasts. That, plus the heavy rain on the day, the meeting being on TV and it being a Monday was probably more than enough reason to keep many at home in front of their TV. I must admit that on my journey I was expecting to get a call to say it was off.

The South Stand is primarily designed as a sound barrier, which explains the nature of the structure. It was nothing to do with cost saving and, if memory serves cost a considerable amount.

• Like 3

Everything on the south terrace is temporary as they ran out of time, permanent toilets and catering facilities will be built during the winter.

The sound system is an ongoing problem, the company that installed the speakers musn't have had a clue as they are too low down and too spread apart, if you are stood near a speaker it's fine but if you are inbetween you can't hear anything. The speakers should have been mounted on the roof pointing down.

Thanks for your response Rob and addressing my points.

If our new stadium at Swindon ( if it ever gets built) is half as good as the NSS I shall be very pleased.

Totally amazed how the track stood up to all the water last night, must be state of the art drainage. Only my 3rd visit to the NSS & considering this track is very much in its infancy, a bit of fine tuning & I think it will be the best in the world. Track creator should be applauded. Congratulations to Danny King, was like watching Gollob round Bydgoszcz!

• Like 1

Thanks for your response Rob and addressing my points.

If our new stadium at Swindon ( if it ever gets built) is half as good as the NSS I shall be very pleased.

Agree but half as good?, no I want one as good.

But I know what you mean.

what a complete and utter moron you really are!!

You sir have confirmed your status as a t0sser

you sad sad little man.

How did the Poole boys do tonight??

Newman was not there how old is he? Never reached a British final ever? did you know that Steve? Is the line up that poor?

You clearly forgot about Kyles time in hospital.

.....a final where yet again Poole had no riders.....Kyle Newman lol

As you both well know, Kyle Newman was in a bad way in hospital with sepsis at the time of the British Semi Finals. He didn't have the opportunity.

Adam Ellis didn't even get a chance to compete.

Rather than spew off the usual gutter venom, we await your apology.

Await your apology.

Agree but half as good?, no I want one as good.

But I know what you mean.

The track last night did have a bit of Hyde Rd in it that was my favourite ever track.I was very impressed with it , Swindon i have heard will be like a mini Somerset but i will believe it when i see it!!😀

As you both well know, Kyle Newman was in a bad way in hospital with sepsis at the time of the British Semi Finals. He didn't have the opportunity.

Await your apology.

Both in my opinion would not of qualified from the Glasgow/Scunny semi Finals also you spewed total rubbish questioning the quality of the field.Last night was great for me and in a way thank Tai for that none of us knew who was going to win last nights meeting. Edited by Sidney the robin

Await your apology.

No apology needed.

Did you see the quality of the line up last night? Adam Ellis isnt good enough and Newman would have struggled.

If Newman was good enough he would have had the wild card over Josh Bates.

If Steve Worrall or Garrity were injured at the time of the semi finals they would have had the wild card. Worrall is by far the best reserve in the league and Garrity has had good British Finals in the past.

Kyle Newman would have done well to get out of the semi finals

Why do i need to apologise??? You had nobody to cheer on ...........fact!

Thats what it was it was tiredness. Silly me i thought it was to do with the meetings that were on around the time of the British Semi Final

I bow to your superior knowledge of all things Woffinden

Nice to see that you have Robert72 yet again being the only one to like your post.

Quite sweet how you , Starman and Robert72 are the only people who like each others posts. Kind of tells you something dont you think

No you were ridiculed because you said Kyle Newman could win a British Final. The poor boy has to be good enough to qualify first

Yet again you make a fool of yourself by nit checking on the rubbish you were posting.mi pulled you up on it a couple of weeksmago when you did the same about me posting a report on the Poole v Belle Vue Meeting. Now you have done the same again, this time by knowing the Kyle wasmin hospital with sepsis and couldnt possibly take his plave inthe semi.

Before posting perhaps you should make sure what you are posting is fact.

The only criticism of Belle Vue would be the starting gate. The tapes were far to slack, the ref stopped a race as unsatisfactory but the tapes were going up on the gate when the rider dropped the clutch. Other than that the place is superb. :t::cheers:

Yeah, miles too slack, On the outside gates, the tapes were clear, way before that at the centre ....... But that's easily solved by shortening the length..

If that's all that could be found wrong, then that's a pretty good meeting...... I was well impressed with everything...... Job well Done....... :t:

Yet again you make a fool of yourself by nit checking on the rubbish you were posting.mi pulled you up on it a couple of weeksmago when you did the same about me posting a report on the Poole v Belle Vue Meeting. Now you have done the same again, this time by knowing the Kyle wasmin hospital with sepsis and couldnt possibly take his plave inthe semi.

Before posting perhaps you should make sure what you are posting is fact.

dear oh dear get a grip man!

I knew Kyle was in hospital and couldnt ride but the point of my post is that he probably isnt good enough to qualify!!

You go on twisitng what people write your very good at it

No you were ridiculed because you said Kyle Newman could win a British Final. The poor boy has to be good enough to qualify first

Why hasn't this poster been banned yet, he is utterly dreadful, knows nothing of speedway and only comes on here to wind people who follow speedway up.

You keep dodging the points of the posting because your way out of depth knowledge wise.

Firstly, Kyle could have won it. Has he or has he not beaten Danny King in the past two seasons. Answer the question.

Secondly, Paul Starke finished 2 points off making the final. Newman was a better reserve for Poole with a better average than Starke.

Thirdly and finally shows how little you follow speedway. Kyle was injured and couldn't ride and it had nothing to do with ability. Josh Bates is not on his level yet appears to be flavour of the month due to his U21 final win around his home track.

So there you go again, once again you will be unable to answer the points and will just come back with your usual blasphemy because you purely do not have the intellectual capacity in any shape or form to debate.

I would love to know what you do as a job. My guess would be a tower crane driver.

Why hasn't this poster been banned yet, he is utterly dreadful, knows nothing of speedway and only comes on here to wind people who follow speedway up.

You keep dodging the points of the posting because your way out of depth knowledge wise.

Firstly, Kyle could have won it. Has he or has he not beaten Danny King in the past two seasons. Answer the question.

Secondly, Paul Starke finished 2 points off making the final. Newman was a better reserve for Poole with a better average than Starke.

Thirdly and finally shows how little you follow speedway. Kyle was injured and couldn't ride and it had nothing to do with ability. Josh Bates is not on his level yet appears to be flavour of the month due to his U21 final win around his home track.

So there you go again, once again you will be unable to answer the points and will just come back with your usual blasphemy because you purely do not have the intellectual capacity in any shape or form to debate.

I would love to know what you do as a job. My guess would be a tower crane driver.

keep it quiet pal

I will answer all your points easily

Kyle Newman has beaten Danny King in the past, he has probably beaten Nicholls and Cook as well. Could he win a British Final?? not a cat in hells chance

Yes last season Newman was better than Starke, but Starke has improved for sure. If Starke scored 10 points then so could Newman, however thought we were debating if Newman could win it not just get a good score.

And your third point obviously you seem to be quite thick and only reading what you want to read. I know Newman was in hospital you clown and i know that meant that he couldnt race. M y point and i will put it in capitals for you in case you choose to ignore it is 'I DONT THINK KYLE NEWMAN WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD ENOUGH TO QUALIFY FOR THE FINAL!!!!!' Hope you can understand that.

And no Josh Bates isnt as good as Newman (yet) but as i asked if Garrity or Steve Worrall had been injured and missed the semi final like Kyle did then would they have got the wildcard over Bates???

Ive answered your questions but im sure you will come back with your usual crap