British Speedway Forum

Or why can't they do like any normal sport and set 2 dates at the BSPA meeting at start of the year and put no other fixtures that day then put all 32 riders names in a hat and draw them fairly rather then picking who goes where. Top 8 from each qualifiy no wildcards no nothing. You miss you semi-final or fail to qualify then tough luck you don't deserve to be in the British Final.

• Like 2

Is Danny King gonna get as much of a smashing as Woffy for missing the British Semi Finals? No thought not.

It's awfully nice of Rob Godfrey to say that King is likely to be given a Wildcard straight to the Final though. Was this ever offered to Woffy? No course not

BSPA are a funny bunch

cant believe king wasting his time and money going to Germany!

• Like 1

I don't see how the King situation is any different to Woffy. If King is offered a wildcard then Woffy should be offered one.

The difference is Tai doesn't even want to ride in the British Final, not just the Semi

• Like 6

A great line up but Think there could be a problem at Scunny with Mr Harris Isn't there a speedway GP in Warsaw on the next day. Don't the riders have to sign on the day before (Friday 13th May) for press and practice

Can somebody please explain- as far as I understand ALL riders taking part in a GP have to be at the draw for the meeting which takes place the day before the practice. I know that practice is up to the rider or Is this another change that has come in this year ????

Can somebody please explain- as far as I understand ALL riders taking part in a GP have to be at the draw for the meeting which takes place the day before the practice. I know that practice is up to the rider or Is this another change that has come in this year ????

No, the rider doesn't have to sign in until the day of the meeting. It's been like this since, at least, 2003, when Todd Wiltshire missed practice to ride for Oxford in a league match.

Well done Bomber for putting British Speedway first.

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

No, the rider doesn't have to sign in until the day of the meeting. It's been like this since, at least, 2003, when Todd Wiltshire missed practice to ride for Oxford in a league match.

Well done Bomber for putting British Speedway first.

All the best

Rob

Thanks Rob. And yes well done to Bomber. Lets hope for a full house at sunny Scunie..

The difference is Tai doesn't even want to ride in the British Final, not just the Semi

Don't recall any communication stating this, maybe you know more.

My understanding (as I read it) is, the British Sem-final was planned for a very well known GP weekend. At first I was disappointed with Tai for pulling out but now see the reasons. It surely could have been so much easier; don't plan conflicting meetings the same weekend - and give the current World Champion the first wild card.

• Like 1

Don't recall any communication stating this, maybe you know more.

My understanding (as I read it) is, the British Sem-final was planned for a very well known GP weekend. At first I was disappointed with Tai for pulling out but now see the reasons. It surely could have been so much easier; don't plan conflicting meetings the same weekend - and give the current World Champion the first wild card.

Tai pulled out of the entire British Championship, not just the semi-finals. Here's a snippet of his own Press Release:

Scunthorpe born Woffinden has made the move to step aside from the showpiece event at Belle Vue’s new National Stadium on Monday, June 13.

What's the point in giving a wildcard to a rider who has already stated his doesn't intend to ride in the British Final?

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

Tai pulled out of the entire British Championship, not just the semi-finals. Here's a snippet of his own Press Release:

Scunthorpe born Woffinden has made the move to step aside from the showpiece event at Belle Vue’s new National Stadium on Monday, June 13.[/size]

What's the point in giving a wildcard to a rider who has already stated his doesn't intend to ride in the British Final?

All the best

Rob

Thanks for the quote. However by pulling out of the conflicting semi final, and with no automatic wild card, naturally meant he was out of the final.

Why can't they swap bomber and king around

Harris is sponsored by Allied so I think that would suit Glasgow. :t::cheers:

They should have rung round every rider to inform them of their chosen track / date etc the rider would then have the chance to bring up anything preventing them from attending the fixture THEN when all was confirmed announce it to all and sundry..

Scunthorpe born Woffinden has made the move to step aside from the showpiece event at Belle Vue’s new National Stadium on Monday, June 13.[/size]

All the best

Rob

He also said he had already won it 3 times and that's his lot, he has acted badly towards the national title and infuriated a lot of British fans and officials.

• Like 1

Diversions have been in place since last summer when that sinkhole appeared, means they will be well signposted and regular traffic may have found ways round the problem thus alleviating some of the traffic.

Always best to be forewarned though and leave extra time.

Looking at his scores at Belle Vue & who he's been beating, could Steve Worrall be the dark horse for the title?

• Like 2