Glasgow V Edinburgh - League Cup 3pm, 3rd April

This could be like a visit to the dentist for us

You haven't been since 2011

No excuses you can't postpone any longer

Pain is coming....you just don't know when

Others will enjoy your suffering

You will pay too much for the privilege

Tomorrow looks far away.

Ah well the wet stuff from the sky might save us.....come on Noah!

• Like 3

Not all I think you'll win by around 12-15 points. Jye and dan will struggle to score, so that just leaves it up to the other 5 to score the points, which is will be a tough ask.[/quot

Reckon you will miss Robs points he was pretty handy around there.

Junior

For those who are useless at anagrams (like me) could someone list the team line-ups please? Thank you.

For those who are useless at anagrams (like me) could someone list the team line-ups please? Thank you.

Glasgow

1.R Lawson

2.N Lunna

3.B Barker

4.R Worrall

5.A Summers

6.F Garcia

7.D Ayres

Edinburgh

1. S Masters

2.J Etheridge

3.K Wolbert

4. E Riss

5. R Fisher

6.M Clegg

7. D Bewley

Edited by Gazc

Where are you seeing that Lioness?

BBC website now saying cloudy at worst.

On my car windscreen driving through Glasgow last night! It was torrential so that was my guess :P

• Like 2

Young Dan has been around Glasgow a few times durning the winter at our practice days he was smooth but think racing in the NL which most tracks are really slick then racing at pl level where the tracks have a good bit of dirt on them I think it might just be a step too far this year but looking forward seeing him race

I totally agree it will be a struggle but will be the same for all of the no7s so some will pick up a few points in heats 2&4 hopefully Dan can do that

Surely this has to be in doubt with all the rain over the last 24 hours plus I believe it's been raining all morning also. Or is going to be like the opener last year that shouldn't have ran

Surely this has to be in doubt with all the rain over the last 24 hours plus I believe it's been raining all morning also. Or is going to be like the opener last year that shouldn't have ran

It hasn't stopped raining since yesterday lunchtime and it is still raining as we speak albeit i am in Paisley 10 miles away but i would doubt it is tropical in Glasgow i really can't see how this can be on with the amount off rain that has fell since Friday

Problem is the longer they wait the more people will take the view that they are not going to risk it if the rain continues to fall.

Well, I watched Berwick race Redcar on a pretty good track surface last night, after a day of rain in the town.

Track was completely covered with plastic sheeting from, I understand, 10am until fifteen minutes before the first race.

Most of match was staged in light rain, but no problem and a bit of last-lap passing to warm us up.

Are covers the way forward?

Sorry gaz but the weather in paisley has got nothing to do with it.where I live it was dry yesterday till about 7pm. It stopped overnight and started again about 8. What's it like at Ashfield don't know but who would have thought last week would have been on. Still over 3hours to go and I'm sure Edinburgh would want to help get the meeting on⛅

Sorry gaz but the weather in paisley has got nothing to do with it.where I live it was dry yesterday till about 7pm. It stopped overnight and started again about 8. What's it like at Ashfield don't know but who would have thought last week would have been on. Still over 3hours to go and I'm sure Edinburgh would want to help get the meeting on⛅

True that is why i said albeit i am in Paisley.

Just seen on the website that the weather is due to clear & the track looks good so looks like all systems are go.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

I amin Glasgow and I can tell you all that it is fine and improving. There was heavyish rain at points yesterday, but the winds and at worst drizzle mean that there is nothing like the water around that there was even last week - when the meeting was on. The forecast is brightening throughout the day. Getting ready right now.

Looks like a very pleasant April day to be watching speedway!

• Like 1

I amin Glasgow and I can tell you all that it is fine and improving. There was heavyish rain at points yesterday, but the winds and at worst drizzle mean that there is nothing like the water around that there was even last week - when the meeting was on. The forecast is brightening throughout the day. Getting ready right now.

Looks like a very pleasant April day to be watching speedway!

Hopefully be even more pleasant come 5pm.

• Like 1

Well, I watched Berwick race Redcar on a pretty good track surface last night, after a day of rain in the town.

Track was completely covered with plastic sheeting from, I understand, 10am until fifteen minutes before the first race.

Most of match was staged in light rain, but no problem and a bit of last-lap passing to warm us up.

Are covers the way forward?

Covers are certainly an aid,but if there is still a fair amount of rain after they are removed the slick tracks nowadays may become skating rinks.So for me it's covers and a fair amount of dirt on track to keep riders upright in tricky conditions .
  • Like 1