British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Lakeside Hammers 6/4/16

Wednesday evening brings the Lakeside Hammers to Wimborne Road on the back of a comprehensive victory home and away against the Leicester Lions.

The Hammers will be full of confidence and with riders who go well around Wimborne Road could cause the Pirates a few problems.

Poole I believe with home track advantage and stronger reserves should edge this meeting.

Thoughts?

'Top of the Table' clash!!? I'll be there.

I wonder if Hammers will track Kennett in place of Lawson??

Lakeside looked very good at Leicester last night. Nice to se Bridger giving his all & a well deserved race win. Lewis has had good meetings over the years at Poole

'Top of the Table' clash!!? I'll be there.

I wonder if Hammers will track Kennett in place of Lawson??

Iam pretty sure Cook said on Friday the Kennett will be in for Lawson. Big call because Lawson looks really impressive so far this season.
  • Like 1

Lawson also had a good meeting at Poole last season, possibly double figures. But for experience at Poole, you would have to go for Kennett. 9 times out of 10 he has a good meeting here.

Hammers looking a tidy side early doors, but then they usually do, If AJ does a full Injury free season can see them having a good year.

• Like 1

Lakeside usually find themselves at the top in the early weeks of the season - usually by virtue of riding more fixtures than others. Fair play to them so far, but Leicester and KL home and away are hardly true tests.

They also usually run Poole close early season too so should be interesting on Wednesday (and Friday.)!

• Like 1

Not sure this fixture will spring many surprises tbh.

A predictably large home win with perhaps a little resistance offered by AJ and Ed.

The return on Friday should be closer as I think our top 5 are a match for Pooles around the raceway.

Think the reserves could be a deciding factor.

• Like 1

Poole to win but much closer than many might expect. Kennet rides Poole well but so does Lawson. Either rider would cause issues.

Our reserves will be the difference on Wednesday. As for next Friday at Lakeside, well I don't expect anything other that a home win as Lakeside could well be a fortress this season, with away form their mauin issue.

• Like 1

Lakeside have been a six main team in the last two meetings with Rob Mear struggling, although he was excellent against Kings Lynn.

One can only hope that it is mechanical gremlins rather than a collapse of confidence.

Also the two Lewis' seem to be struggling with their Team Revolution Jawas , trying to get out of the gate, and also power seems to be coming in at the wrong time on the bends causing all kinds of wobbles. May take a while to get them sorted

Meanwhile Poole seem to have more or less hit the ground running and should have this one in the bag.

• Like 1

Poole to be nearer 60 than 50 by the finish.

Poole to be nearer 60 than 50 by the finish.

Average age of the crowd to be about the same !

• Like 3

Average age of the crowd to be about the same !

At least we get a crowd, where at most clubs they are dragged off the street... :nono:

• Like 1