British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh Vs Berwick Fri 8th

Fishers best meetings seem to be when he is guesting for another team i wonder why?

When does he perform better when guesting?

When does he perform better when guesting?

Saturday night at Berwick guestinng for Newcastle

2+1, 3 , 2 , 3 , 2+1 = 12+2

Saturday night at Berwick guestinng for Newcastle

2+1, 3 , 2 , 3 , 2+1 = 12+2

I wanted to know when he performs better when guesting, he scored a point more than that last season from 5 rides racing for….Plymouth. He is just really good at Berwick it is probably why Newcastle booked him as a guest.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 3

I wanted to know when he performs better when guesting, he scored a point more than that last season from 5 rides racing for….Plymouth. He is just really good at Berwick it is probably why Newcastle booked him as a guest.

He did score well as a guest though, thats why Berwick booked him in the past, is it not. i\am sure he is pretty handy at most tracks aswell, and thatswhy other teams book him aswell

He did score well as a guest though, thats why Berwick booked him in the past, is it not. i\am sure he is pretty handy at most tracks aswell, and thatswhy other teams book him aswell

He was booked to guest (last season) but those appearances came after he scored a maximum for his own club (at Berwick) which realistically meant that he wasn’t ever going to have his best meetings when guesting for other teams as he couldn’t perform any better (at Berwick) than he did for Plymouth . The only other track Berwick booked him to guest (that I recall) was Workington, and again his best meeting at Workington was for Plymouth.

I am not seeing the evidence that validates the claim that his best meetings comes when guesting for other teams.

I do have a slight feeling of Deja Vu re this conversation though, it was thrown up during the winter and it was as much a fallacy then as it is now.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

He was booked to guest (last season) but those appearances came after he scored a maximum for his own club (at Berwick) which realistically meant that he wasn’t ever going to have his best meetings when guesting for other teams as he couldn’t perform any better (at Berwick) than he did for Plymouth . The only other track Berwick booked him to guest (that I recall) was Workington, and again his best meeting at Workington was for Plymouth.

I am not seeing the evidence that validates the claim that his best meetings comes when guesting for other teams.

I do have a slight feeling of Deja Vu re this conversation though, it was thrown up during the winter and it was as much a fallacy then as it is now.

It sounds like an arguament just for the sake of it then, but hey!, thats the forum. ;)

Have a look at his scores at scunthorpe when guesting

And just ignore his performances around Berwick and Workington? When he raced at Scunthorpe for Plymouth he scored 13 from 5, chuck out the tactical it is still 10 from 5 which is about par for Fisher now around most tracks in the country, to contrast that against one other performance and then state his best meetings come when guesting is hardly solid evidence to validate the claim you are throwing around.

And just ignore his performances around Berwick and Workington? When he raced at Scunthorpe for Plymouth he scored 13 from 5, chuck out the tactical it is still 10 from 5 which is about par for Fisher now around most tracks in the country, to contrast that against one other performance and then state his best meetings come when guesting is hardly solid evidence to validate the claim you are throwing around.

What's his average when guesting out of interest? Compare that to his actual average and then you'll have some kind of answer to prove the point either way.

What's his average when guesting out of interest? Compare that to his actual average and then you'll have some kind of answer to prove the point either way.

I don’t know but it isn’t really a fair gauge. A rider is generally booked to guest because they are good at a track (eg 15 point max at Berwick for own club, higher score at Workington for his own club), his season average will take into account how he performs across a number of tracks.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

Well, The Fish collected his paid 14 as a guest for Newcastle at Berwick last week, and if he only scores (say) 13 for his own club at the same track, against the same opposition, this Saturday is Lewy going to be jumping up and down screaming "I told you so"?

Well, The Fish collected his paid 14 as a guest for Newcastle at Berwick last week, and if he only scores (say) 13 for his own club at the same track, against the same opposition, this Saturday is Lewy going to be jumping up and down screaming "I told you so"?

Yes. ;):cheers:

• Like 1

I`m sure Berwick at least was very happy towards the end of last season that Fisher`s average was such that they could call on his services more than once, as Newcastle would've been last Saturday, and I`m sure he will do equally well this Saturday as a Monarch.

• Like 1

Getting back to the subject of the thread, this from today's Banditmail e-newsletter:

We have many younger supporters who weren't born when your Bandits last beat the Monarchs at Armadale!

The West Lothian arena had become a haunted house, a real bogey track for Berwick, with many border folk despairing of ever seeing another win there after that single triumph away back in 1998. In the last century.

All this changed last Friday however, as the Olympus Marquees Bandits dug deep to defeat the reigning Premier League champions and League Cup-holders 46-44 in a nerve-tingler of a League Cup match.

It was cold and it was damp, but with conditions the same for both teams, your bold Bandits held their nerve in the closing sequences of a contest in which they were never actually trailing their hosts. A win in Heat 14 for Matty Wethers after he smoothly cut back inside Erick Riss ensured at least a draw, but this was just a scene-setter for the last race, which saw Kevin Doolan splitting Sam Masters and Kevin Wolbert to grab second place and cue frantic celebrations!

Although we didn't have a huge travelling support (we bet a few of you wish now that you'd gone) you can watch it happen -- we will have copies of the match DVD on sale in our Track Shop this Saturday at just £7.

Something to think about, by the way is that Sam Masters scored a faultless 15-point maximum for the home side, but still ended up on the losing team. So, next time you hear someone sounding off that a club "must have an out-and-out Number One" to succeed, just have a quiet smile to yourself and think of Friday..........

Getting back to the subject of the thread, this from today's Banditmail e-newsletter:

We have many younger supporters who weren't born when your Bandits last beat the Monarchs at Armadale!

The West Lothian arena had become a haunted house, a real bogey track for Berwick, with many border folk despairing of ever seeing another win there after that single triumph away back in 1998. In the last century.

All this changed last Friday however, as the Olympus Marquees Bandits dug deep to defeat the reigning Premier League champions and League Cup-holders 46-44 in a nerve-tingler of a League Cup match.

It was cold and it was damp, but with conditions the same for both teams, your bold Bandits held their nerve in the closing sequences of a contest in which they were never actually trailing their hosts. A win in Heat 14 for Matty Wethers after he smoothly cut back inside Erick Riss ensured at least a draw, but this was just a scene-setter for the last race, which saw Kevin Doolan splitting Sam Masters and Kevin Wolbert to grab second place and cue frantic celebrations!

Although we didn't have a huge travelling support (we bet a few of you wish now that you'd gone) you can watch it happen -- we will have copies of the match DVD on sale in our Track Shop this Saturday at just £7.

Something to think about, by the way is that Sam Masters scored a faultless 15-point maximum for the home side, but still ended up on the losing team. So, next time you hear someone sounding off that a club "must have an out-and-out Number One" to succeed, just have a quiet smile to yourself and think of Friday..........

Yes could be a unique one off