British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh Vs Berwick Fri 8th

What on earth is up with anders mellgren?

Gated great twice tonight, but just fell away sadly. It was announced he was in heat 14 and my heart sank, then they announced the change that Wethers was in. Phew !

• Like 1

At least you've retained your sense of humour mate. ;)

I'm not too bothered about it, the way the team has been built it was a possibility that the league cup would be a struggle, glasgow a good team and berwick have more dale experience than many team as was shown tonight. As i said earlier they are looking for the playoffs. Missing the BV meeting didn't help and yet again another wet rain affected track so the new guys coming in get thrown in at the deep end. Etheridge needs laps but seems his bikes are not helping at the moment & any point Bewley scores is a bonus. But hey ho thats how it goes cant win just about everything every season. What it doesn't need is twats like Gavan stating the bleeding obvious, yes we are weaker like most successful teams the following season. Are we a bad team, i don't think so but this team was never going to come out of the gate like a greyhound with the lack of experience Jye and dan have unless one turned into a darcy ward stepping across the border to bonnie scotland.

• Like 3

We have enjoyed a marvellous 2 years but all good things come to an end.

No surprise therefore when fans of teams we have spanked come on here to put the retaliatory boot in!

We must accept the ribbing......though teeth are gritted

• Like 5

Thing is, this victory over a rubbishe Edinburgh side will get the Berwick spin merchants into overdrive 😬...dont know which is worse 🙈

• Like 2

Well if I surprise by the Peterborough result this one has really sent the shock waves, I don't think that anyone would have seen it.

I think since losing Craig Cook and Justin Sedgmen, I think that Edinburgh have to go through re build and we could see them slip up on more than one occasion, wil be hard for them to take after last few years success that they have had.

I'm not too bothered about it, the way the team has been built it was a possibility that the league cup would be a struggle, glasgow a good team and berwick have more dale experience than many team as was shown tonight. As i said earlier they are looking for the playoffs. Missing the BV meeting didn't help and yet again another wet rain affected track so the new guys coming in get thrown in at the deep end. Etheridge needs laps but seems his bikes are not helping at the moment & any point Bewley scores is a bonus. But hey ho thats how it goes cant win just about everything every season. What it doesn't need is twats like Gavan stating the bleeding obvious, yes we are weaker like most successful teams the following season. Are we a bad team, i don't think so but this team was never going to come out of the gate like a greyhound with the lack of experience Jye and dan have unless one turned into a darcy ward stepping across the border to bonnie scotland.

We have enjoyed a marvellous 2 years but all good things come to an end.

No surprise therefore when fans of teams we have spanked come on here to put the retaliatory boot in!

We must accept the ribbing......though teeth are gritted

Hey we are all real speedway supporters and stand in the cold supporting our sport.

Sometimes we have good times, sometimes bad.

Some of us have more experience of the bad and it makes the good all the sweeter.

We all know Embra promotion are very, very good at what they do.

This is just a blip, they won't stand back and watch this every week.

• Like 3

Why, of why, do Monarchs' fans keep emphasising the statements "don't care" and "not bothered"?

You haven't simply lost two meetings because Glasgow are a good side, three and-a-half Berwick riders were familiar with Armadale or because the law of averages dictates that the defending champions don't defend well.

You are rubbishe because your management carried-out what can only be described as an absolute shambles in team building.

I've just seen that Bewley and Etheridge failed to register a single point, again. Did Etheridge cause any stoppages? Did Bewely manage to fully slide the bike?

Edited by LunnasPerm

Dan Bewley has the great (no other word applies) Steve Lawson in his pit this term, so expect the lad to get sound racing advice and be shown a great example on how to conduct himself.

• Like 4

Missed the first 6 races with the M8 accident could not believe we were already ahead thought this was the right time to catch the Monarchs some decent races in the conditions but they rattled through them hopefully Anders will get up to speed shortly great performance from the rest of the team. Sad to hear my friend Ian had passed away in February RIP

• Like 1

Well if I surprise by the Peterborough result this one has really sent the shock waves, I don't think that anyone would have seen it.

If it had been 35-55 then yes but a 2 point loss to team with 3 track experts isn't exactly earth shattering is it.

No We do care........Loads and it hurts but if you follow sport you get smacked in the kisser Often.that goes with the territory and if you are a fan that goes with the commitment.

As a Sox fan I'm used to dreadful heartbreak and tears......this Speedway blip..I hope...is minor in comparison.....

At least I won't miss a playoff final this year whilst at the WS!!!

Why, of why, do Monarchs' fans keep emphasising the statements "don't care" and "not bothered"?

You haven't simply lost two meetings because Glasgow are a good side, three and-a-half Berwick riders were familiar with Armadale or because the law of averages dictates that the defending champions don't defend well.

You are rubbishe because your management carried-out what can only be described as an absolute shambles in team building.

I've just seen that Bewley and Etheridge failed to register a single point, again. Did Etheridge cause any stoppages? Did Bewely manage to fully slide the bike?

What were you saying about ignorant fans George.m, looks like one of yours jumped the fence.

• Like 3

My musings from tonight -

First of all, well done to the Bandits on winning at Armadale, they caught us at the right time and took full advantage. As Old Meadowbank said, we needed more from Kevin, Erik and Ryan who missed the gate too often. Sam was never challenged, Max kept us in it, Jye and Dan gated well once each but found it tough. Conditions were difficult with slow times but a surprising amount of passing.

For Berwick, they were well served by Theo, Matthew and Kevin, with good points from Jorgensen and Alden too. Liam Carr beating our non-scorers three times proved to be the difference. So where do Monarchs go from here? I think we have to accept that without Cookie, it's going to be difficult. We need big scores from Kevin, Erik and Ryan to have any chance of winning. I can see Jye starting to score soon, it's very difficult for Dan - he has the style but not yet fast enough against experienced reserves.

Now that we are out of the Cup we can concentrate on the League? ;)

• Like 1

I think the main thing to say here is well done Berwick. Not won at the dale for 18 years and were worthy winners. Things fell into place nicely for them tonight but that's life.

No one is happy to lose but with the changes we had to make we were always going to have a difficult start to the season but have realistic expectations. We needed Kevin and Ryan to hit the ground running from the start to have a chance but both struggled.

Dan and Jye would never have ridden on a track like that before so more good experience and loads of practice after the meeting. Good to see Erik and Ryan do a few laps after as well.

Finally well done to the track staff and all the riders for putting on such a good meeting in such difficult weather conditions. I did not expect to see much racing tonight when I arrived but they got through it all in an hour and heat 2 will probably be race of the season absolutely brilliant.

• Like 3