British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Redcar Bears V Workington Comets 14/4/16 7:30pm Lc

Meeting OFF according to Workington Facebook page.

According to Bears Twitter feed "Unfortunately tonights meeting is postponed. After too much rain yesterday and working all day on the track there is too much moisture." And "Rider safety is paramount and sorry for late call. New date will be announced asap."

So did it rain,or is rain forecast? Find this one puzzling

See my edited post above.

Apologies if anybody travelled based on my posts. We have had no rain today, but as I mentioned a fair amount over the last few days.

Very late call 630 must have realised the track was unfit before then I got to scotch corner, but some comets fans had already arrived

• Like 2

Just seen some pics of the track.... Disgrace.

Disgrace in what way? The track in general, decision to call off, such a late call?? I haven't seen any pics, but it may look perfect, I understand Belle Vue did before the farce they had. It would have been a huge mistake to try and start knowing track wasn't right/safe - riders would soon complain and we would off after 2 or 3 heats!

Redcar has all week to prepare a track, at Newcastle we have one day and still manage to prepare an excellent racing strip.

• Like 5

Absolute disgrace, the club is becoming a laughing stock.

• Like 2

Disgrace in what way? The track in general, decision to call off, such a late call?? I haven't seen any pics, but it may look perfect, I understand Belle Vue did before the farce they had. It would have been a huge mistake to try and start knowing track wasn't right/safe - riders would soon complain and we would off after 2 or 3 heats!

the track, 2/3 foot deep of sh!te, if theyve worked all day on that id hate to see them have to do it quickly
  • Like 3

Had no work been done on the track today?

Meeting OFF according to Workington Facebook page.

According to Bears Twitter feed "Unfortunately tonights meeting is postponed. After too much rain yesterday and working all day on the track there is too much moisture." And "Rider safety is paramount and sorry for late call. New date will be announced asap."

the track, 2/3 foot deep of sh!te, if theyve worked all day on that id hate to see them have to do it quickly

Thanks for that - nothing happens quickly at Redcar!!!

No covers then??

There would be a £1 on admission to pay for them!!

Had no work been done on the track today?

look at my profile pic and judge for yourself.... Id so no lol.
  • Like 2

Apologies if anybody travelled based on my posts. We have had no rain today, but as I mentioned a fair amount over the last few days.

Not your fault at all, your posts were spot on and much appreciated.

The late call off is definitely.

According to the reports on here it hadn't rained all day, it hadn't rained an hour before the start, wasn't raining at start time and wasn't forecast to rain later.

Calling it off that late when there must have been at least a major doubt about the track being ready several hours before hand simply isn't on and the reference to Belle Vue is not inappropriate. After all, they let everyone travel to the meeting when they knew that the track might not be ready.

It cost me (and many others) a few quid in petrol money but the big losers will be Redcar Speedway. They will suffer a major financial loss calling it off that late and many of us will think twice about travelling in future.

• Like 8