British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

I have said previously that I think that Kyle is a better rider than Garrity and in some ways he is (smoother style, better control etc.), however I do tend to agree with most of what you've written there fb. I also agree with starman ( :shock: wonders will never cease!) that injuries have played a part in stemming Kyle's progress. Kyle loves riding for Poole and we as supporters love watching him as he is one committed lad, however has he reached his ability limit? Quite possibly.

Garrity has definitely progressed more in the last couple of years, however it's taken him that long to 'overtake' Kyle who has had to deal with some nasty injuries during the same period.

I also agree with Shovlar that Garrity will have a big accident of his own making at some point.

Personally I would still prefer to have Kyle than Garrity at Poole, but that's my own personal opinion.

Fair comments as always. Just a shame some of your own fans cant debate properly.

Kyle is a good young rider as ive said and despite other people thinking different its not a Poole thing

You say you would prefer Kyle than Garrity but what if Kyle had to ride at 2 same as Jason? Personally i think Garrity would score a lot more but as you say Kyle is liked at Poole and that counts for an awful lot as well

Fair comments as always. Just a shame some of your own fans cant debate properly.

Kyle is a good young rider as ive said and despite other people thinking different its not a Poole thing

You say you would prefer Kyle than Garrity but what if Kyle had to ride at 2 same as Jason? Personally i think Garrity would score a lot more but as you say Kyle is liked at Poole and that counts for an awful lot as well

Debate, you have no idea how to debate. Once you've been proved wrong you twist your words to suit yourself but thats no suprise for you, your like a little worm. Yes Kyle is very much liked at poole, and being in a sling really doesn't help his cause.

Debate, you have no idea how to debate. Once you've been proved wrong you twist your words to suit yourself but thats no suprise for you, your like a little worm. Yes Kyle is very much liked at poole, and being in a sling really doesn't help his cause.

Where have i twisted anything?

Said Newman was a good little rider.

Said i think Garrity is better

Cant really see what ive twisted there

Anyways if i want a debate i will chat to adult Poole fans like foreverblue and chris4gillian

Where have i twisted anything?

Said Newman was a good little rider.

Said i think Garrity is better

Cant really see what ive twisted there

Anyways if i want a debate i will chat to adult Poole fans like foreverblue and chris4gillian

You twist and turn your words to suit yourself. Now bugger off.

Edited by Starman2006

You twist and turn your words to suit yourself. Now bugger off.

Provide me with the facts of me twisting my words please.

As ive said all along Newman good little rider, not improving much more and isnt as good as Garrity.

So if your so adamant ive twisted words then provide the evidence please.

Provide me with the facts of me twisting my words please.

As ive said all along Newman good little rider, not improving much more and isnt as good as Garrity.

So if your so adamant ive twisted words then provide the evidence please.

Surely your not that stupid... Oh hang on...

If Kyle had to start and stay at No. 2 then I'd reserve judgement until after say 6 or 7 meetings. If he's struggling then he would have to make way. That's the Poole way and we as Poole supporters deal with it.

Kyle is very well liked at Poole and that's due to being a local lad and he's some one that desperately wants to ride for Poole. Passion like that doesn't always come around in speedway. As you say, that counts for a hell of a lot in the current EL.

starman take note that Gavan and I are having a grown up discussion, no insults, no twisting words, no offensive language and no anti-Poole nonsense. That's the way to do it, so if you care to post a reply to Gavan in similar fashion you just might get a similar mannered response yourself :t:

• Like 1

Heres oe for you. Head to head this year whats the score?

• Like 1

Heres oe for you. Head to head this year whats the score?

Does it matter? We all have our own opinions and mine is the same as yours but others isn't. Can't we just leave it there?

Are you saying Steve Worrall is as good as Holder or Nicholls is better than Holder?

Surprised you'd come up with a starmanesque point, you'll be saying how much wetter it is in Manchester next.

Talking of which, why didn't starman and the 6 other prats put the covers on, is it because uncle Ronnie is busy in Glasgow?

My post was meant light heartedly. I don't really care who thinks who is better. I would rather have Newman in my team than Garrity. Personal choice. Kyle has never let us down and always give 100%. Even if he is at the back(rarely) he is doing whatever he can to get a point. Can't ask any more than that and the reason he is so popular at Poole.

Edit. As I asked I went and had a look. They have met 6 times this season in the EL and the score is Newman 4 Garrity 2.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

i think at times kyle has looked stylish , quite quick and looked like he was ready for the next step

he's then tended to be inconsistant and struggle

maybe the pressure gets to him?

as for a comparison to garrity ---- kyle has a neater style , garrity is more flat out and therefore on dodgy tracks can get caught out but seems to want it more, kyle seems like sometimes he gets down and seems to give up

Phew! I thought starman had hacked your account.

The averages suggest that Newman is one of the better edrs in the el and Garrity is one of the worst second strings, if I could choose between them as reserves then it would be Garrity but if I had to have Garrity in the 1-5 and Newman at reserve I'd pick Newman.

Garrity is scoring more that his average at no 2 and beating heat leaders such as JK, Doyle, Hans, Cook, Nicholls so would hardly call that a bad second string.

Please can somebody provide some solid facts that support their argument that Newman has PROGRESSED more that Garrity in the last 2 years either in the PL or EL as I can't find any.

Does it matter? We all have our own opinions and mine is the same as yours but others isn't. Can't we just leave it there?

So you can debate but others can't??! Right....

Nothing wrong with using statistics when they raced each other. Surely that's the sensible way of seeing who is better.

Maybe tell Gavan not to bring this subject up every week. Just a thought.

Garrity is scoring more that his average at no 2 and beating heat leaders such as JK, Doyle, Hans, Cook, Nicholls so would hardly call that a bad second string.

Please can somebody provide some solid facts that support their argument that Newman has PROGRESSED more that Garrity in the last 2 years either in the PL or EL as I can't find any.

Surely races head to head decides who is better?

didnt think it would take long for you to pop and try and defend something that is impossible.

Firstly Kyle Newman is a good little rider and a very good fast track reserve.

Now lets look at some facts and lets see if you can answer each one. I will put them all in a line and then answer each one please.

Kyle Newman has ridden at Poole for 6 seasons

In all that time he has been as a reserve

According to the Poole oracle Mr Shovlar Garrity is a liability

Yet Newman has had more time out with injuries

Jason Garrity has made numerous British Finals. Newman has made none

Jason Garrity has been reserve at the Cardiff GP. Newman not even close

Jason Garrity is a premier league heat leader. Newman isn't.

Jason Garrity is holding down second string position in the elite league. Kyle Newman isn't.

Steve Worrall is now British Number 4. Kyle Newman isnt

Steve Worrall is holding down a place in an elite league top 5. Kyle Newman isn't

Steve Worrall is a reserve at the Cardiff GP. Newman no chance

Steve Worrall is a premier league heat leader. Newman isn't

Adam Ellis is improving

Paul Starke is improving.

If you can find any good answer that Newman is as better than Garrity or Worrall I would like to hear it.

If you say he is injured that's not a good argument, totally irrelevant. He has stood still and watched riders like Garrity and Worrall move away from him and I would say Ellis and Starke would be ahead of him if selecting English riders

Not that I want to prolong this thread unnecessarily but just to correct one or two of your 'opinions/facts' :-

Kyle Newman has not ridden for Poole for 6 seasons. His first season was 2011 at the age of 19 (when he also rode for Newcastle and Dudley). He next rode for Poole in 2014 and 2015 and this season as part of the fast track/EDR system.

He has not ridden at reserve for all that time. He rode as a heat leader whilst carrying an injury this season.

Agree with Steve Shovlar - Garrity is an accident waiting to happen that has happened much more often than Newman!!

Just saying.

• Like 4

I have said previously that I think that Kyle is a better rider than Garrity and in some ways he is (smoother style, better control etc.), however I do tend to agree with most of what you've written there fb. I also agree with starman ( :shock: wonders will never cease!) that injuries have played a part in stemming Kyle's progress. Kyle loves riding for Poole and we as supporters love watching him as he is one committed lad, however has he reached his ability limit? Quite possibly.

Garrity has definitely progressed more in the last couple of years, however it's taken him that long to 'overtake' Kyle who has had to deal with some nasty injuries during the same period.

I also agree with Shovlar that Garrity will have a big accident of his own making at some point.

Personally I would still prefer to have Kyle than Garrity at Poole, but that's my own personal opinion.

I agree that i would rather have Kyle in my team, Garrity has improved and not as much of a loose cannon as he used to be but what he did at Cardiff typifies him, over riding beyond his ability, as my favourite actor said, a man's got to know his limitations!