British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

If Kyle was riding for any other team in the same position would you still have the same opinion?

I'm gonna go for no!!
  • Like 1

I'm gonna go for no!!

We'll see Lisa, Gavan is usually pretty good at discussing things (with me anyways) so I await his response.

We'll see Lisa, Gavan is usually pretty good at discussing things (with me anyways) so I await his response.

It's just a feeling I have. If Poole had Garrity and Coventry Newman, I would expect him to do the same with Garrity.

I don't think he is anti-Poole as such, just probably bored/annoyed about Poole's win ratio over last few years and wants anyone to beat us. :)

But his style is aggressive and he writes waffling riddles which he claims to be sarcasm.

Back to sensible posters/debating...

Your opinion is welcome Gavan, however as you haven't seen Kyle ride week in week out during the past 3/4 years witnessing his improvement you're not in the best position to argue against it. The reasons for him starting as tier 1 fast track reserve again this season have been spelled out to you a number of times but you seem to be completely ignoring them.

If Kyle was riding for any other team in the same position would you still have the same opinion?

true I don't see him every week but he should by now be a second string at least and not even be considered at reserve for anyone as he has been there 6 years. Similar to me as Josh Auty neither has yet kicked on to the next level. It's ok banging in big scores from reserve against riders he should be beating but I feel he should be doing better

I've got a lot of time for Newman. I seem to recall he was always one to travel to the continent in the under 21 competitions, whilst others stayed in GB.

Massive part in landing the last two titles for Poole, they would have been mad to put him in the 1-5 whilst they could keep him as a FTR. If only someone at Brandon could have done the same with Garrity, the Bees starting septet would have been so much stronger.

• Like 3

It's just a feeling I have. If Poole had Garrity and Coventry Newman, I would expect him to do the same with Garrity.

I don't think he is anti-Poole as such, just probably bored/annoyed about Poole's win ratio over last few years and wants anyone to beat us. :)

no I'm not annoyed at Pooles win ratio but yes if you put me on the spot I would prefer Belle Vue. Haven't been Matt Fords biggest fan but never denied he builds good sides. Genuine Poole and speedway fans realise that Poole have done a few underhand things in the past but not last year and nothing wrong this year either. Poole currently are the biggest side and the most talked about so I never make an excuse for coming on this thread. In general I find your fans fine. You have a couple of idiots and then you do have the absolute clown of the forum as well and I guess it's those people that rile me. Im not anti Poole, not Ford or Muddlos biggest fan but surely that's opinion and allowed. I make no excuse for saying I think the league will be boring but that isn't Pooles fault either

no I'm not annoyed at Pooles win ratio but yes if you put me on the spot I would prefer Belle Vue. Haven't been Matt Fords biggest fan but never denied he builds good sides. Genuine Poole and speedway fans realise that Poole have done a few underhand things in the past but not last year and nothing wrong this year either. Poole currently are the biggest side and the most talked about so I never make an excuse for coming on this thread. In general I find your fans fine. You have a couple of idiots and then you do have the absolute clown of the forum as well and I guess it's those people that rile me. Im not anti Poole, not Ford or Muddlos biggest fan but surely that's opinion and allowed. I make no excuse for saying I think the league will be boring but that isn't Pooles fault either

Fair enough Gavan :)

See you can do it..... A reasoned debate without resorting to abuse..... Mind you this particular debate didn't involve Starman2006!

• Like 2

We should of called his bluff then.

We probably did. The draft was completed before he signed an EL deal.

I'm going to cut and paste this and put it in my 'saves' for future reference - if needed?! :wink::D

Not sure why there is such an obsession with Newman and his ambition (or lack of), let alone the instance he is compared with Garrity.

Why is it so important to judge Kyle being reserve in relation to his development? Poole have had strong, league winning sides for the last three years and look to have an ultra competitive team again this season, so him being a reserve for top notch Poole side seems a strange knock against him. Doubly so when you consider his importance to the Poole team in winning those titles...

I'd also add that anyone who has been watching Kyle race in recent seasons will have seen his development with their own eyes.

Also, as pointed out by several others on the forums, we're not talking about a rider who has been touted as a future World Champ, or even a British Champion, so the criticism of his perceived lack of development/ambition comes across as excessive.

I think the affection he gets from Poole fans is that he is a local lad, who is exciting to watch and gives his all in every race. This was typified for me last season by the fact I introduced a friend to speedway for the first time, and now he loves the sport, attends every week, and his favourite rider... Kyle Newman.

I'd love to see him kick on this season once he gets in the main team, and hope he puts himself in the conversation for a spot in the National side, but that might be too big a jump this year. I don't think it's unfeasible though over the next 2-3 years if he continues to improve as I believe he has been.

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue
  • Like 4

I'm going to cut and paste this and put it in my 'saves' for future reference - if needed?! :wink::D

I told you all that Gavan is ok, it's the 'chris4gillian' effect! :lol:

• Like 1

People moan about Newman but he's not even Poole best reserve this season! Assuming the rules are as written in the rulebook and not what are in the Bournmouth Echo then Ellis will be a heat leader a week Friday while Newman is still hanging around in reserve.

Edited by SCB

Newman failed to gate once tonight.

People moan about Newman but he's not even Poole best reserve this season! Assuming the rules are as written in the rulebook and not what are in the Bournmouth Echo then Ellis will be a heat leader a week Friday while Newman is still hanging around in reserve.

I'll make a sizeable donation to the SRBF if Ellis is in the 1-5 a week Friday!!!! :nono: