British Speedway Forum
robert72

Bspa Warning About Live Streaming

An official bspa announcement was made before Leicesters match about live streaming.

Anyone caught would be banned from all tracks for life, has this been announced before meetings at all tracks ?

An official bspa announcement was made before Leicesters match about live streaming.

Anyone caught would be banned from all tracks for life, has this been announced before meetings at all tracks ?

Would be interested to know how they would enforce a ban at all tracks.

Nothing was announced before Coventry meetings.

Sometimes it could be good advertisement for the sport as people might not have seen much speedway before so the periscope feeds could give them more idea. It's not like people are going to see any to tempt them anywhere else if Sky are going to call off every meeting for even the slight threat of a shower.

Edited by mdmc82

Nothing was announced before Coventry meetings.

You would do well to hear the announcement with the fantastic speaker system at Coventry.

• Like 1

You would do well to hear the announcement with the fantastic speaker system at Coventry.

Very true 😉

• Like 1

How would they be able to do that? Are they going to plaster your face over every track

• Like 2

How would they be able to do that? Are they going to plaster your face over every track

That was my question, and what happens if you refuse to let them take a picture of you.

• Like 1

Interesting chat about this on the new speedway podcast 'Home Straight' from the EDP. Anyone know when the somewhat restrictive contract with the current broadcaster ends? Until then, it seems hands are tied to a certain extent sadly.

Shocking lack of foresight shown by who ever agreed to the current deal.

• Like 1

Sniffer dogs on the coaches and cars going into Stoke and Buxton?

Maybe they will allow you to attend the postponed rain offs though as a gesture of goodwill...!!

• Like 1

Good question

would be interesting to know their alternative plan for publicising the sport as they are "looking into all forms of social media"

Is there a plan ?

Is there an intention of a plan ?

Is there a meeting planned about planning the intention of planning a plan ?

Somehow I don't think so …..

Good question

If you just streamed a rain shower for 10 minutes with no racing going on, would that be classed as a speedway meeting ?

All the warnings that I've seen or heard state 'no filming without prior permission'!

This presumably means there might be a way forward?!

All the warnings that I've seen or heard state 'no filming without prior permission'!

They have already indicated that it's against SKY'S deal so I'd be very surprised any filming of RACING would be strictly prohibited.

That said surely any promotion would welcome action from the pits, rider interviews , fan interaction etc.

Maybe that is something they might allow?

It's laughable really! As if anybody is going to sit at home and watch a crappy periscope feed over going to the real thing? The last couple Shovlar uploaded I could barely pick out track, besides the riders, the helmet colours or any of the actual racing.

An over the top reaction motivated by desperation to please Sky and/or an irrational fear of fans picking periscope over actually attending a match. Either way the aggressive rhetoric is completely unnessacary.

• Like 4

Surely they would just mean cleancut sports and others that do DVDs of meetings.